Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by twilightmom »

GNE: I read your anxious example and thought "why is that wrong?" Because when I read it I inserted "worried" not "excited." I didn't realize anxious was being used for excited. Oh well... My pet peeve is "irregardless." It's not a word!!

FanMNM: PM me if you want me to answer questions without spoiling for you!

Oleander: Glad you didn't have someone give you a "look." I think every one of my "in person" friends has giving me the :roll: when I tell them what I read. Oh well!
Last edited by twilightmom on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Post by VampLover »

Ok so I have a book recomendation. I was at walmart yesterday and I always like to stop by the books and check out the newest ones, in the YA section I saw a book that looked interesting. It is called Evermore by Alyson Noel. It is the first book in her The Immortals series. It just came out on Feb 3, I have to say it is great!! Its about a girl named Ever whos family dies in a car accident and she is the only survivor, when she wakes up she can see auras and read minds. I can't say anymore without giving anything away, but I really enjoyed it. I acually stayed up til 2am to finish it. They second book comes out in August.
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I hate it when I let this thread get away from me. It feels like I haven't checking in a day or two but clearly it has been longer as I was way back on like page 7! Sheesh! It's a spookybell behaving badly! Okay... My feburary resolution... keep up on this thread.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Was it this thread that we were talking about overused phrases?
I found one - women who "score the backs" of their lovers with their nails. There are other ways to indicate that things are going well!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

You all brought up soo many phrases I hadn't realized were so overused (or misused)...I laughed at a lot of them :) One of the things I love about reading so much is finding new phrases that I think are different (unique to an author) and those I haven't heard before. I have no idea why...it's totally out of character for me...but I love that V always says "true" instread of "you know?" or "right?" It's a phrase I had always associated with more gangsterish (for lack of a better descriptive term) guys, but I love that he uses it! I think I might be biased though...I think I might be half in love with him...LOL...so maybe it's really not as cute as I think it is?

twilightmom, thanks for the offer...I'm going to PM you because I didn't want to go into the BDB thread because I'm only thru Butch's book...waiting on the arrival of Lover Unbound and Lover Enshrined...so I was afraid of any spoilers I might find there (although I'm dying to ask questions I know the answers to would be spoilers!!!)
Last edited by fanMNM on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I just remembered another phrase in Dh that drives me up a wall: "smells like woman". What does that mean?! Was Kenyon just lazy and said, "I'm going to stick that in there because I can't come up with anything else."

From the Twilight saga, I realized how much SM uses "incredulous" in her books. When I reread, I'm going to count them!

Fan: "True, dat?" Is one of our favorite phrases we use constantly amongst the GGs who have read BDB. I can totally see why you have an affinity for V. I absolutely adore him.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

cullengirl is right on so many levels. Don't forget to add "you feel me?" as well as "true dat" to the phrases. fanMNM, feel free to PM almost any of us to ask BDB Qs (especially considering how much you helped me - it's the least I can do for you).
I started a new series - the Guardians by Meljean Brooks. Has anyone read it? Any opinions? It's okay but not thrilling so far. I'll continue to read it because I borrowed all the books from my friend (who loves Hugh). She says it gets better. It's another one of these "complicated universes" stories.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

LadyDi...thank you...I'm sorry about the confusion. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to who was writing which threads! :oops: I'm trying not to ask too many questions in case all my answers can be found in the two books I haven't read yet...and I know I'm going to have to go thru the BDB thread and read from page one thru the last page so I don't ask questions everyone's already discussed! LOL But I'm putting that off until I've finished Phury's book, and I should probably pick up the Guide Ward released to help with any questions too. *By the way, how is the reading going for you? Did you finish Ash?

I have to say that I love how distinct the Brothers' personalities are....in the DH books, each book is usually so focused on the one character and their romantic interest that you don't see them interact with friends as much (I still love them!!) but I definitely love the contrast and the similarities between the Brothers...reading about their relationships with one another as well as their women.

I also have to confess that when I first started reading the series I thought I was gonna hate that the vampires call their women "female" but I dunno what happened to change my mind on it (maybe I just feel in love with them and their world so it seemed normal?) but it doesn't bother me. I actually think it's a little sexy...LOL...crazy, I know... :roll:

Thank you Naureen!!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Ladi Di... it's "feel me" no you... still reading IG otherwise I wouldn't have noticed.
I love the little phrases of the Brothers. It makes them loveable and special.

I'm sure you all discussed the word "chagrin." I brought it up a million pages ago and you all probably responded, but I have yet to have time to go back. I am supposed to be reconcilimg bank accounts. Every time I finish one I get to do one FB or LEX thing... LOL
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

I just finished Z's book last night. I, too, have questions. Like MNM, though, I'll wait to read the books...it keeps the suspense exciting! Thanks for those who recommended tissues for Z's book; the last 100 pages I couldn't stop crying!!

Man, the "feel me" and "true" in the BDB were a little grating at first. I think they call the women "female" as a general term. After they've bonded, they call them by their terms of endearment.