Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by Bewitched »

wow, I"m still behind. Thanks Bac for the PSD's a few days ago. I didn't get the chance to thank you.

Una, I loved your PSD's but I'm going to pass since i'm not real good at that although I think contestant #3 would make a good changling. He seems almost cat like.

Well, my son got his braces on yesterday and I swear the first thing i thought of but of course didn't say out loud was Darla from Finding Nemo. Tops and bottoms and (shudders) an expander bar. I'm sure I mentioned before that this is all his dads fault. He even admitted (for the first time i might add) that he had a bar too.

My poor son can't eat or talk. He sounds like he just had his tongue pierced multiple times in multifple places. And did I mention eating? it seems like he can't swallow or keep food in his mouth. He says the bar gets in the way of his tongue. The poor boy is tall and skinny, if he loses any weight, he'll look like a refuge. He had his first and probably last date this past Saturday. I think he can forget about kissing. I have mothers guilt. Can't you tell. My husband said the bright side is we don't have to worrry about being grandparents at such a young age since it takes two years before he gets them off. :roll:
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Wow, your poor son Bewitched. Now I am worried about EM. She is 11, had her first appt. with the orthodontist on Monday and he has her scheduled for more preliminary work up next week for top and bottom braces as well. I don't know what that expander bar is that you are talking about, but it sounds like a torture device. One thing the ortho said is that she will probably need rubber bands to pull down one of her teeth that is hiding/blocked up in the gums. She is so excited, she thinks it is great to get braces. I have tried to warn her that they aren't all that fun, but she says she doesn't care, they are cool. I hope she keeps that attitude after she gets them. She will have to have them on for 2 years as well. :mrgreen: (imagine braces on this lovely smile)

Una, I like the PSD's. I unfortunately don't have the knowledge of all the books you do and therefore will not make a guess. However, I will greatly enjoy ogling these contestants.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Well the guessing is just for a topic really, the true purpose is ogling.

Bewitched, I'm sorry to hear about your poor boy! I've never had braces, what is an expander bar? Sounds awful! This inspires a good QOTD!

QOTD: Have you ever had braces? If so, for how long? I, luckily, never had braces. In fact when I changed dentist in college, my lower teeth are so close together, they asked if I had braces because they thought the orthodontist did a great job. Needless to say, I hate flossing my bottom teeth!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

una - I like the guessing game you posted and I've been thinking about my answers almost all day. Since I kind of blew off working, I had a lot of free time on my hands. So here are my answers and the pictures were good to oogle over too:

Contestant #1 - possible alternate for Rhage (as soon as I saw the picture he immediately became Rhage)
Contestant #2 - Rhev's Moor bodyguard
Contestant #3 - no idea, I'm really lost on that one

QOTD: Have you ever had braces? If so, for how long?
While I've never had braces, I was one of those unfortunate people that had to wear a retainer (I think the cheaper version of braces). I had one for my upper and lower teeth, now my teeth weren't crooked or anything, they were used to shift my teeth to lessen the overbite that I had. I was no bucky beaver either so I didn't have to wear them that long.

All I can say is that the shifting of your teeth is the most painful thing to go through. It's like a never ending dull pain that won't go away.

bac and Bewitched - I feel so bad for your children. I couldn't imagine having to endure that pain and then not being able to eat. I know when I would wear my retainers, I had the worst lisp possible. I did have a friend that had different colored brackets and rubber bands. So that was really cool to look at and I noticed that more then the braces. It was neat looking.

una - I did change my banner/avi again. :D I have a bad habit of getting bored easily looking at the same things. I also change my work computer wallpaper almost every week too. :lol:
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

My teeth hurt just thinking about this question....I wore braces...for 8 years!!!! My doctor was a quack...and it took 7 years to convince my parents he was. Then they spent the last year trying to actually get him to fix my teeth and take the things off. Right before I had to take my senior pictures, I went in and told him I wanted them removed for the pictures and promised to let him put them back on afterwards, so he agreed to remove the top set. But I never went back and never let him put them back on. Right before I left for college, I went back and demanded he remove the bottom set. He did and that was the last I saw of him. My teeth are fine...the only reason I needed them in the 1st palce was because I had a third set of canine teeth grow in above the adult set...and so they pulled my adult teeth and used rubber bands to pull the third set into place. It was a painful process and I'm afraid my experience has made me incredibly hesitant to do it to my children if they should them when they get older...

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

fanMNM wrote:I don't think I'd read the books if I wasn't so enthralled by the Brothers. I feel silly saying it but I like the books so much but I'm not sure I like Ward...LOL. That seems weird to me...
I think I can say with very confidently- all of those who have read BDB on this thread have the same exact feeling and thought. I, too, was fascinated with the Butch and V relationship but it didn't get anywhere. It like a big elephant in the room with them. Yes, it's discussed in terms of Butch's preference but V doesn't get a chance to explain himself. What bewilders me even at this point in the series is that neither Marissa or Jane have commented on their relationship. We had an interesting discussion on the Butch and V relationship on the BDB thread. Check it out once you read Phury and the Z novella in the Insider's Guide.

To be frank, I was very, very disappointed with V's book. My disappointment has nothing to do with V as a character. As I mentioned earlier, I simply adore him. What bothered me was how Ward treated him. There were several times in the book where I so close in throwing his book across the room.

Here are my guesses for Una's PSD:

Contestant 1: I thought of Nikko. Why? I have no idea.
Contestant 2: Jean Luc from DH
Contestant 3: Dragon from DH

Braces: Thankfully, I never had them. My older brother did and I remember how awful it was for him, especially when it came to eating. He would always complain about how awful it was having the rubber bands on his braces. I did have a lot of teeth pulled out when I was young though. I was addicted to candy and when I was 8, I had 4 teeth (2 on each side) pulled out because of the cavities. I was miserable, but it didn't stop my sweet tooth. :lol:

Here's my shot at PSDs:

Potential DH #1
Potential DH #2 or maybe Sterling?
Potential DH #3
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Una - that is a hysterical bra at VS! That would NEVER work for me. I get Victoria Secret adds and catalogues all the time, but I only buy sweat pants there. I have tried 6 times to get them to stop sending me advertising magazines.

FanMNM... Enjoy Ward's books. I personally think she's a bit loony and might have a split personality disorder, but I love her books. I also expected Butch and V to hook up! Didn't I PM you???

Una - I vote for PSD #1

QOTD: never had braces.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

spookybell wrote: FanMNM... Enjoy Ward's books. I personally think she's a bit loony and might have a split personality disorder, but I love her books. I also expected Butch and V to hook up! Didn't I PM you???

Yes, you did PM me...I'm just still ranting about the randomness of it :x And I defintiely see what everyone is saying about Ward being slightly off kilter...ugh...

About to finish Dream Warrior...but I have to admit it's not so much fun without being able to discuss it with all of you!! :)

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Ah - great job CG and Una - we get 6 studs today!! When I see male models with fancy looking tats - I wonder if they are real, or painted on for the photo shoot.

QOTD: I never had braces or any orthodental work, thank goodness. I always get the "great teeth" thumbs up. I still have my wisdom teeth, too (I have a big mouth, what can I say?)...
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

okay - I have a question for those I trust... Twilight Related. It's to settle an argument about New Moon. I will probably loose... but I hope not.

At the end of New Moon do the Vultri want Bella for their own?
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!