EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #4

Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #4

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

ilovetwilight wrote:And thank you Ted for performing the welcome cheer . Well I gotta run!
Hopefully not through another wall :lol: *shakes head* and it was my pleasure! :D

OK so now I have time to catch up on all those other quetsions i missed...where did they go?!AHA!Found 'em!

When voting on Bella’s mortality, Rosalie says that she wishes someone had been there to vote no for her yet she is the reason that Emmett was transformed. Do you think she regrets that decision; not that she saved Emmett but that she brought him to her world, the world she hates.
I think she might have regretted it at first seeing as she hates vampire life (she did before Emmett at least), but after seeing how genuinly happy Emmett was with his vampire life I don't think she felt bad about it anymore. Emmett obviously loves being a vampire and he doesn't mind what the other Cullen's think of as "bad points" of vampire life so I think Rose could definetly see that and realize that being a vampire isn't a curse unless you let it be, and Emmett definetly wouldn't!

We all have our one wishes- what do you think Emmett would chose to be his? Why? And no, he cant wish for more wishes.
If he only had one wish than the obvious answer for me is that he would wish for Rosalie to be able to have a baby with him, like most of you already said!

Pick your favorite book(other than Twilight.) Pick a character and put Emmett there. Why did you put him in that character?
The book is called The Hunger Games and at first I was going to say Emmett would fit Gale, but Carrie brought up a good point with the possibility of him being one of the competeters. She already answered from that angle though so I'll just stick with Gale! Gale is a really strong (physically and mentally) and loving character. He's very handsome and popular at school, all the girls love him (do you see why he's like Emmett yet? :lol: ) and he jokes around a lot. He's willing to accept responsibility and he does everything he can for those that he loves. That's all just like Emmett. There are some little things about Gale that aren't really emmett-y though. Like, he dwells on stuff a lot more, and he's not as care-free and optomistic. I can see why Carrie didn't chose him but I still think he has a very Emmet-y side to him sometimes.

Given Rose's background with the rape by someone she thought she loved and trusted, how long do you think it took Emmett to gain her trust and for them to become romantically involved? How did he gain her trust? What's the sequence of events you think happened to span that gap between the trauma of rape and falling in love with her soul mate?
Rosalie saved Emmett for a reason and that reason was because she loved him. I don't think it took her very long to figure it out and i don't think it took very long for her to trust Emmett. She had 3 days to think about it while Emmett was still going through the transformation (the whole while he was probably muttering things about her being an angel, that surely helped!) and the whole time he was transforming I would think she felt that same pull towards Emmett that she felt when she first saved him from the bear. Someone earlier brought up the point of Rosalie seeing carlisle and Esme's love after she was raped. I think that helped her remember that not all men were like Royce and his friends. I don't think she ever completely lost hope about love though, she would remember her friend (the one who's son looked like Emmett) and the love she shared with her husbnd and she would know that Royce was just the exception and that here was true love out there for everyone. Rose is smart, especially when she's a vampire, and she would have figured out that Emmett was something special and definetly NOTHING like royce. That being said, Emmett just had to prove all that to her to gain her trust. Emmett would have been very cautious around Rose and she would see that her assumptions were right, Emmett was different.
EDIT: I totally forgot about his innocence, BHG! Add that to my answer, great point!

I'm sure that's not all the questions I missed but I'm too tired to answer anymore!
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Post by ravenGirl2468 »

hey guys is there anymore questions i think i have been answering them all even though i have said that beforesorry

i have to go sorry my brother wants on man that was quick
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

Hello all! I would do a cheer, but as I have mentioned, I would probably throw my back out or injure myself in some way! :lol: Instead, I will simply scream "Woo- Hoo! Go EDC!!! We love you Emmett!!" from the sidelines. :D

Why do you think Charlie hated on Emmett in the 1st book besides the obvious reason that he's huge?
Weeelllll...I don't think Charlie necessarly disliked Emmett. I think Charlie was intimidated by Emmett's size, and may have been concerned that Emmett could overpower Bella. Sure, he could have-- but as we know-- Emmett is just not that type of guy. (Epecially since he knew the situation with Edward & Bella, and Edwards feelings for her.)
Knowing we all have our amazingly fun and horrifically (is this a word) bad days, how would these days be for Emmett? Either for his vampire life or human life?
I think Emmett was probably always an easy-going type guy as a humas as well as vamp. I don't think Emmett would dwell on the "bad days". I can picture him just thinking "Eh. That's life & it will go on." Just kind of shrugging whatever it is off, and making the most of it. Possibly having a little moonshine *wink wink* -- tomorrow is always a new day. :D As for the good days- I see him being happy, maybe celebrating a little, and enjoying life. In either form. (I call it B.V.- Befor Vampire, and A.H.- After human! :lol: :oops: )
We all have our one wishes- what do you think Emmett would chose to be his? Why? And no, he cant wish for more wishes.
This may not be considered a wish - but I think Emmett simply hopes to have his family & Rose for as long as he exists.
Given Rose's background with the rape by someone she thought she loved and trusted, how long do you think it took Emmett to gain her trust and for them to become romantically involved? How did he gain her trust? What's the sequence of events you think happened to span that gap between the trauma of rape and falling in love with her soul mate?
It probably took at least a year or so. After his newborn phase was over, I think he & Rose had many all night discussions about their own pasts. Rose eventually told him about the whole gruesome event, & Emmett was more than likely super ticked. (<---I'm using PG_13 language, here! ;) ) BUT! Since Rosalie had already "taken care" of the men, Emmett didn't have the opportunity to do it himself. I think he was probably very patient after hearing her story, & waited for her to make the first move. I really feel like Emmett has a gentle side, and knowing he considered her an angel, he probably would have waited for centuries, if that's what it took. Even if they never knocked down any houses while doing the hokey pokey, I think he would have still always stood by her, loved her, because he could understand how traumatic the "Royce & Friends" event was for her.
I hope all that made sense! :? ;)
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Really quick, I have a few promotions to announce!!

First, a new member! Hello twilight_alice! I am Carrie, HR Manager of the wonderful thing we call the EDC. I am in charge of giving promotions and keeping track of members. The more you post, the higher your rank gets. You are now a Trainee! Congratulations! :)

And then, we have Raven, who is now a Wrecking Ball Trainee! Congrats to you as well!

Ok, I must go now! Ta ta for now!
Last edited by urcoolcarrie on Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Meztli
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Playing thunderball with the Cullens in a Demetri-free land!

Post by Meztli »

Okay I'm back. I'm quite please with how the kitchen looks. It's all clean and sparkly. But it'll probably get messing again by the end of tonight. Thank you Heather for making a list of all the questions. Now I shall answer what ones I haven't.

What do you think a date between Emmett and Rosalie would sound like?
What date? :lol: Well, some hunting, some demolishing, maybe some more hunting, demolishing...Yeah not much but every eventful :lol:

Why do you think Charlie hated on Emmett in the 1st book besides the obvious reason that he's huge?
I don't get this question. Is it when he tells Bella that he is too old for him. I think it's his flambyouent way of expressing himself. And his relationship with Rose is very physical maybe that's why :?

Pick your favorite book(other than Twilight.) Pick a character and put Emmett there. Why did you put him in that character?
I agree with...Raven? SOmeone had just read Hunger Games, me like wise a few days ago. I see him in the competition as Thresh. Yeah. He'd very competive and his size would diffentely. If he's a vampire than he won automatically :lol: Read Hunger Games people, it's awesome. But for me it parallels with Battle Royale in too much detail. But maybe that's just me. Read those two books and you can see the similarities.

Knowing we all have our amazingly fun and horrifically (is this a word) bad days, how would these days be for Emmett? Either for his vampire life or human life?
Hmm... Human days: (bad day) no food to bring home for his family, stuff that endangers his family of course. (best day) I shot an elk!! I found five dollars!!!! I'm thinking of the time frame he lived in (Great Depression). Vampire: (bad day) Rose has decided no demolishing for a month ( :o :cry: <-Emmett's reaction). (Best day) Rose ambushes him every corner to do some demolishing ( :twisted: :mrgreen: <-Emmett's reaciton). Maybe a good hunting day full of Grizzley bears. I personally think he should fight a Polar bear as they are more dangerous and bigger than a grizzley.

I agree with the whole Rose-able-to-have-a-baby wish. That would be the first thing out of his mouth.

Good question BHG. I slightly touched on this subject in my answer for the proposal question. I will answer each individual question. Gain her trust?A while I would think. I'm sure Emmett took everything very slow with Rose. He wouldn't want her to think he was pulling something. And I'm sure he wanted to show just how much he really loves her by not forcing her into anything remotely resembling relationship. At least until she was comfortable. How did he gain that trust? Being slow with her. I would say he didn't overwhelm her or try to be alone with her if he sensed she seemed uncomfortable. Really hard to tell. They're perfect together, it's kinda hard to imagine a time when they weren't in love. Sequence of events? Well, I'm thinking it was all the things he was doing for her (as I suspect he was) to show that he really did care. She would have to analyze everything he did. Trying to decipher his motives. But I'm sure it didn't last long.

Those are my answers. Bri post!!! :lol:
Hydraulic Broom Trainee for EDC, INC.
Commander of Emmett's Undies~Jell-O Wars '09
Fanfiction Profile: Meztli
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

I saw this question on here somewhere and wanted to answer it.. So here I go:

When voting on Bella’s mortality, Rosalie says that she wishes someone had been there to vote no for her yet she is the reason that Emmett was transformed. Do you think she regrets that decision; not that she saved Emmett but that she brought him to her world, the world she hates.Rosalie probably has mixed emotions. One side of her is thankful and really appreciates having Emmett there with her. She says that she is glad that she got half of her perfect life (minus a child). I also think she doesn't exactly hate the world she lives in. Rosalie just wishes she were human still. She is glad to have a family and a husband. Another side of her probably does feel guily for dragging Emmett into the mess, but he doesn't really care because he is not the kind of person to dwell on something like that.

That was one of my famous well thought-out answers! Dont you love them? And also.. I am a hand laborer! HAHAHAHAHA.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

I have a few questions to answer. . . I'm going to gather them all up and edit. . . please wait. EDIT!

What do you think a date between Emmett and Rosalie would sound like?
Interesting question! I'd say something really fun and goofy, like go-carts or something.
Or very romantic, like dinner on a really expensive boat, that would be Rosalie's choice, I bet.

Um. . . I didn't know he hated him? I also think that, well, Emmett is a typical teenager, Charlie is a police officer, those two don't mix well. He probably though we was irresponsible.

I pick The Hunger Games, and then Peeta. Except that Peeta is weak, sometimes.
He's just very sweet and loving, and that's how I always see Emmett.

I think he doesn't have many bad days, I'd say he laughs most things off. He's got a big ego, so I don't think much gets him down. He has Rosalie, too.

Oh, man! I would say. . . for Rosalie to be able to have kids. He would do anything to make her happy, and I believe that's the only thing that will ever make her truly happy.

Wow, hard question. Okay, I think that from the beginning it was true love. But of course he had to gain some trust. I would say he used his natural charm! He has plenty of course. And I think the fact that she went through all that pain just to save him would mean she had a lot of compassion for him already.

Chloe
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

I'm kind of back in moderator mode ladies. I'm talking EDC business so I'll leave my boss hardhat on, but my moderator sword and hat are within reach.

I had three different people talk to me about the fairness of counting posts that break the rules. And I have to agree with the points they made. Most of you follow the rules each and every post. It's not fair to count the posts that break the rules the same as all the others. I've contacted the management team and we are no longer counting these posts. If anyone is upset by this send me a PM. Even though I've told my management team what we're doing, the decision is mine about which posts not to count. Don't get mad at them. And actually, don't get mad at me either because if you're following the rules you have nothing to worry about. If I decide a post will not be counted I will PM you to let you know - this will also be a warning that you broke the rules.

For more pleasant news, I've been happy with how most everyone has been answering the questions. There's been some great answers. So far, there have been 3 that stood out and the management team and I are considering giving them extra points. We'll let you know when we come to a decision on it.

Ok, back to work everyone!

*plunks self down in front of mural and takes deep breath to help relieve stress* (mutters to self) Happy place, find my happy place. :)
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Hey guys! I'm in school as I'm writing this secretly because thank god the school didn't block the Lex...and I'm hiding my computer screen from her..hehe... ;) :lol: I'm gonna make up a question now.
What human would you put as Emmett's best friend? Or suits him best?
LindsOuimet
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by LindsOuimet »

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on here in so long, but my internet connection at home has been all funky and STILL isn't fixed. Grrr! So, yeah, I've had to rely on my wi fi connection at work.

Anyhoo... I know that I've missed a lot more questions than this, but I'm going to try to catch up on some of them...

Like most of you, I don't think that Charlie hated Emmett at all. He just thought that he was too old for Bella, and was probably intimidated by the size of him. What man wouldn't be, if he thought he was going to be dating his teenage daughter? lol

Well, the good days I assume would involve all of the activties that he loves so much - hunting, wrestling, and Rosalie! ;) As for the bad, I can also see him as being such an easy going guy that he really wouldn't let it get to him too much. I can see him maybe just chilling out in front of a football game on TV, to get a little 'quiet time' to clear his head.

Hrm... I think that Emmett really does just enjoy the life that he leads, and given his abilities and resources, probably doesn't wish for a whole lot. However, I do think that he would use his one wish to give Rosalie what she wants - a baby. Emmett as a father is just the cutest picture to me. :)

I really don't think that this would have been *too* much of a problem for them. Emmett was someone that she chose for herself, and not someone that she was wish because he was the best choice for her social status. I'm sure when the physical side of their relationship finally came into play, the past came creeping back in, but I can see Emmett giving her all the time that she needed, and letting her talk about or not talk about it as she saw fit.

When voting on Bella’s mortality, Rosalie says that she wishes someone had been there to vote no for her yet she is the reason that Emmett was transformed. Do you think she regrets that decision; not that she saved Emmett but that she brought him to her world, the world she hates.
I don't think that she regrets it at all. I'm not saying that Rosalie is a completely selfish creature, but in my mind, if she's "stuck" with this lifestyle, she would prefer to have Emmett with her. Does that make ANY sense?

I know that I missed a lot, but I have to try to get *some* work done, lol.

Private Magdalena Devries in Jasper's Army
Bulldozer Operator @ EDC, Inc.
Randomness Bum!
Owner and Operator of Calming Coves Bed & Breakfast - Jasper says Relax!