Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by Wingtear »

I will post the 20 somethings list again, as soon as I'm home from training.
As for now:
Misty- the new pics of the kids on FB are just precious!
Lily- I am eagerly waiting for you in the cafe...

Oh, and I had another Lexily statement epiphany while FB-chatting with Sam:
all is fair in love and lexily...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Jasmine – Equilibrium was perfect, I read George Orwell’s 1984 a few years ago and when I watched it was like CLICK. I love those movies about “alternate real” social states like Dark City, The 13th Floor, Aeon Flux and many others that I forgot their names but they’ll pop on my head right after I press “submit” at the reply page. LOL I also forgot Amelie. The odd thing is, here the name is the full French title. Le Fabuleaux Destin d’Amélie Poulin (The Fabulous Destiny of Amelie Poulin).
I also have a thing for sci-fi. The weirder and sicker the better. Star wars (all), Star Trek (With Patrick Stewart), Contact, ExistenZ, Solaris, Event Horizon, Sunshine. I love the last two. :mrgreen:

Curious fact… The rain in my city yesterday: :shock: http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww10 ... -atm17.jpg :oops: Noo.. I didn't take that one... LOL But I love Photography. I am usualy the photog of the gang... Clever way to not get in the pics!!! LOL

Rose – Thanks, got the song. Got a bit weak on the knees. 8-)

ihadanEdwardRush – Post the blog!! I would love to know what you would like to see in NM. We could even make this our next topic. I know there is a thread about it, but we know we do our discussions our own way… LOL The gift: SM Box Set, do doubt about it!!! :D

MRK – That part with the mother “ok let go” made me cry rivers! I got all puffy and sobbing, and with hiccups, and just by writing about it my eyes got all foggy… Oh how I Love Grey’s Anatomy! :D
Last edited by PaulinhaBrasil on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Tabs- Ugh, I hate yucky bosses :( Does this guy have multiple personalities or what? One minute he loves you, the next minute he hates you :roll: I guess if you can find another job, definitely go for it. But if you really need the money, I wouldn't quit unless you have something else lined up... so then maybe try to stick it out if you can't find anything else? Good luck!! *hugs*

Cat- I noticed that too after reading your post *high fives* It seems like a lot of us here have similar interests.

Megan- You seem to be getting along pretty well for being one handed! So is another month off work a good thing or a bad thing for you? I think I would enjoy the month off, but I know everyone is different like that. You really need to watch The Princess Bride ASAP! I am also feeling your blues about being single for Valentine's Day and being stuck in ugly, winter weather. I just keep telling myself that spring will come soon enough and perhaps some new guys will come along with it :lol:

Cody- That movie Waiting was HILARIOUS and I'm sure anyone who has ever worked in a restaurant can appreciate it! I love stoner movies too... Half Baked is my all time favorite, now followed by Pineapple Express as a close second. If you haven't seen that movie yet, you must see it! Glad to hear that you were actually talking about a dog. Can't wait to see her pictures! My parents have an American Eskimo too. She is cute, but barks incessantly and it's a bit high pitched and grating for my taste. I'm just glad I'm not living here permanently and of course, I have to love her anyway. Sorry to hear things have not improved with your sister... hope they do get better soon. Of course, you know we are here to rant to in the meantime.

Welcome back Phil! The TwiGuys (other than SenorGimp) don't seem to last too long here, so I hope we don't scare you away and you may stick around!

Rose- Want to switch places? :lol: Actually, we do get sun in New Jersey, it's just too cold for my taste. I can't wait to get out there and enjoy a nice warm, sunny climate all year round! You're probably better off in Forks, which doesn't sound like a bad idea at all! Across the Universe was very, very good. You should definitely watch it!

Holly- Why would anyone make fun of your musical tastes? I'm not sure anyone here is the type to make fun anyway, but they are not so weird! I love Billy Joel, the first CD I ever bought with my own money was River of Dreams hehe I also can't stand country or Nickelback. I used to like NKOTB but didn't get into them again when their reunion came around. However, A LOT of girls I know went to their reunion concert, so I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of. That's really interesting about the audio described tracks that you mentioned. I had never heard of that before, it's cool how much we can learn from you. That's sad that those tracks are harder for you to obtain in the US, you would think they would make them easily accessible for everyone! I just hope you can get the Twilight DVD with it!

Misty- That was a sad story about your brother *hugs* Maybe he would want you to go to the concert since you didn't get to go last time? Your dog and kitties were all very cute! Love the cats in the tank, such a typical cat thing to do :lol: Have fun with the boys today!

Jasmine- That story about your SIL's "BFF" is just crazy, but almost doesn't surprise me unfortunately. So many people are just so completely self absorbed and wrapped up in their own lives that they think the whole world revolves around them. I know many people like this, it's quite sad. I hope your SIL can find a good, true friend who is more deserving of her and her "bff" now can hit the road. That is also crazy about your hubby's ex!! It is laughable though how one can be so obsessed with causing harm to you (via the Internet nonetheless) after 5 and a half years?! At least you know you are in a better place than she is, and I am glad she hasn't infiltrated our Lexily here!

Lily- Good luck with your lesson plan today! I'm sure you will do great *hugs*

Kim- Glad to hear you're working out, you go girl! *hugs*

Sonia- Those are always funny moments! Don't be too embarrassed, you will probably never see the guy again! :lol:

Lies- I hope work slows down for you a bit and you can enjoy your day! I've never heard of Top Gear before :oops: I guess it is a TV show?

Honey- Both of those gifts sound very nice! I personally would prefer the box set, but I'm also not a Fall Out Boy fan :lol: If they are your favorite band, go for it! But I say books will last forever and those books hold a special place in my heart. Choose wisely! :D *hugs*

Paulinha- Oh that picture is beautiful! Did you take that? If so, you are quite the photographer!
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

CantBreathe wrote:
Jasmine- That story about your SIL's "BFF" is just crazy, but almost doesn't surprise me unfortunately. So many people are just so completely self absorbed and wrapped up in their own lives that they think the whole world revolves around them. I know many people like this, it's quite sad. I hope your SIL can find a good, true friend who is more deserving of her and her "bff" now can hit the road. That is also crazy about your hubby's ex!! It is laughable though how one can be so obsessed with causing harm to you (via the Internet nonetheless) after 5 and a half years?! At least you know you are in a better place than she is, and I am glad she hasn't infiltrated our Lexily here!
yeah i hope she finds someone else 2. The thing is, she always changes for her bffs, i just hope she can find someone she can be herself with. She is applying for diff jobs now, so i hop thats gonna make her happy again.

Actually, its MY ex's gf. We knew eachother before he knew her, from a forum, and we really liked eachother, even talked about meeting and go shopping. after my ex and i broke up i told him about her, knowing he would like here. They got togethr and for some weird reason i still dont understand, everything after that just went bad. Stories about me and my new bf(my hubby) started to go around, ppl stopped talking to us, and our so called ''best friends'' were suddenly not interested anymore. Guess who they are friends with now? I still dont know what happened and why ppl turned their backs on us, but its pretty obvious who was the cause. Now, 5,5 yrs later she AND her friends are still making comments on fora that only they and i will get, because most ppl that are on those forum now, werent back then. Fortunately, on 2 of those a collegue of mine works(she became a collegue only 1,5 yrs ago) and she was there back then. And she really hates the childish behaviour. I never talked about it with ppl who were there before(cause i dont like to be onthe same level, babbling behind ppls backs), but with her i can, and it makes me feel a lill better. I know ppl dont deserve to be your friends when they let you fall that easily, but it still urt back then. Now i just want to move on, but they wont let me because of their behaviour. Its really annoying. So thats why i started posting here, because i loved the books, but also because i wanted to find a new place, get a fresh start. And boy...did i find a great place to do that :)

@paulinha, awesome pic, although i must say its pretty scary when you see it in real life.

i dont need a valentinesday, i want a lexily day :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
CiaoBella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CiaoBella »

Hello my lovely Lexily! It’s been a few days, and I’ve missed you all! Let's see if I can't try to catch up a bit. (And I know I might bring up some stuff mentioned like 10 pages ago, so sorry for the back-tracking…)

Hello Phil! I’m CiaoBella / Kiella, it’s nice to meet you :D

Rose: So glad to hear that your friend is cancer free! That is great, great news :)

Lies: *HUGS* I know I don’t know the details of what’s been going on, but I truly hope everything is going to be okay.

Cat: Your V-day swap gifts are super! I Especially love that bag! And I think the story about your TwiGuy bf was so cute, and it made me even more want to find a bf of my own so I can turn him into a TwiGuy (since odds are he probably wouldn't be one without forced influence...)

Cody: So sorry to hear about what’s been going on with your sister. I really hope that the situation begins to get resolved very very soon! *hugs*

Cappu: Your latest poo-pup story did have me laughing again, but I can really truly understand it not seeming so funny from your end of things! I hope your little ones grow out of the playing-with-poo phase soon :shock:

Sam: I just wanted to say that I definitely agree with you on your preference of the Twilight books, and some of your music picks as well (see below for more detail on this BREAKING story! lol wow, I’m a huge nerd…)

Misty: Your sig is so heart-wrenching, but I still love it!

Tabs: I’m so sorry to hear about your boss! I hope he stops being such a Why are we talking about a donkey? to you… I would almost say you should tell him when he makes you uncomfortable, but that has the potential to backfire I suppose. But if things start to escalate or his little remarks/unwanted advances get worse, you might even want to consider reporting him somewhere so he won’t make your last bit of time there unbearable.

What is your favorite Twilight book?

Twilight is definitely my favorite, because it’s where Edward and Bella first meet and fall in love, and there is something so compelling about that for me. The first time through the books, I read them all so quickly and back-to-back so it was a little hard to differentiate between them, and I loved them all so much (with the exception of NM, I had to read that one a second time before warming up to it). The second time through reading the books my favorites became more distinguishable, and I now know that my preference for them corresponds to the order in which they were released (still love them all though!).

What are your favorite movies?

I seriously LOVE movies, and I have so many favorites it’s hard to just name a few! I think overall, comedies are my favorite genre, and some of those include: Dumb and Dumber, Super Troopers, Anchorman, Half Baked, Office Space, Tommy Boy, Old School, Super Bad, and Knocked Up. But then I also love chick-flick/girlie movies like 13 Going on 30, How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days, The Notebook, Freaky Friday, Mean Girls, Bring it On, 10 Things I Hate About You, The Princess Bride, etc. And then of course I love action movies like The Matrix, The Departed, The Bourne Identity Trilogy, etc. And I don’t quite know which genre this falls into, it’s sort of action/comedy but I LOVED Transformers and I cannot wait til this summer til the sequel comes out! So… it hurts my heart a little bit to have left so many of my other favorites off this list, but I don’t want to (continue to) bore you all to death…

Whats your favorite music?

I have such eclectic taste in music. Seriously, I like just about everything. I love rock, alternative, hip-hop, R&B, metal, country, pop, classic rock, oldies, ska, reggae, reggaeton, 80’s music, punk rock… and that doesn’t even cover all of it. And if you listened to my ipod on shuffle, you’d probably have a hard time believing that all of that music belongs to just one person because of the huge variety on that thing, lol. Here’s the names of just some of the artists you’d find on my play-list: Incubus, Sublime, Beyonce, Korn, Disturbed, Slipknot, Chevelle, The Offspring, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphy’s, Bob Marley, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, The Backstreet Boys, M.I.A., T.I., Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Thee 6 Mafia, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Weezer… and yeah you get the point, but I love so many different types of music that it’s perhaps a little bit odd... :?

Favorite song off the Twilight soundtrack?

Too hard to pick just one! I love so many, but I guess if I can only pick a few: Super Massive Black Hole, Decode, Let Me Sign, Bella’s Lullaby, and Eyes on Fire are my favorites. (Note: For the past couple weeks if I've been having trouble falling asleep, I'll listen to Bella's Lullaby on my ipod and imagine that Edward/Rob is playing that song just for me... and it's almost embarrassing how well it works, lol :oops: )

That’s all for now, and sorry to all those I left out, but I’ll try to be back later today if possible! And in the meantime, I do believe my sig needs updating as to include my favorite of all threads… ;)
Team Edward: because I'd love to be his stupid lamb.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... <3 my Lexily!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

About being a geek... I am no longer allowed to call D's friends geeks. They play RP games (on-line and IRL, D's bachelor party was D&D themed, he had to walk around town in a sack, with a sword, fulfilling missions) and rarely leave their computers... I, however, am geeky about 1, one, game... Zelda. To the extent that I have a triforce on my back. Hence I'm the only one with a "geek-tattoo", I'm the biggest geek...

the list..

Other languages: 10 people
Cappugirl (Finnish) --Maria-- January 21, 1982 Aquarius
Lisette (Dutch) --//-- January 21, 1984 Aquarius
Velvet Voice (Italian) --Sonia-- February 15, 1982 Capricorn
vampire_elf (German) --Malu-- March 21, 1982 Aries
Siberian Kiss (Spanish) --Ana-- May 6 Taurus
PaulinhaBrasil (Portuguese) --Paula-- June 20, 1981 Gemini
Lieziewiezie (Flemish) --Lies-- June 20, 1984 Gemini
Jasmine (Dutch) --Janny-- August 28, 1981 Virgo
Wingtear (Swedish) --Ninna-- December 5, 1983 Sagittarius
IhadanEdwardRush (Filipino/Tagalog) --Honey-- December 23, 1982 Capricorn

English: 20 people
Goymer (twiguy) --Phil-- January 1, 1989 Capricorn
DHSHolly (blind) --Holly-- March 29, 1980 Aries
Dazzled_by_Cullens --Dazz/Megan-- March 29, 1983 Aries
SarahGoddard --SarahG-- March 30, 1987 Aries
Cymbrelynn --Kim-- April 17, 1986 Aries
EddieC (twiguy) --Eddie-- April 18, 1988 Aries
roseaurora --Rose-- April 29 Taurus
Tabs --Tabs/Tabitha-- June 1, 1980 Gemini
cascsiany --Cas/Lindsay-- June 2, 1985 Gemini
CiaoBella --Kiella-- June 23, 1986 Cancer
CantBreathe --Sami-- July 12, 1985 Cancer
twilight813 --Lily-- July 27, 1985 Leo
OktoSink --Cat-- August 5, 1989 Leo
SenorGimp (twiguy) --Cody-- August 17, 1985 Leo
MRK --Misty-- August 28, 1979 Virgo
Mrs. Jasper Hale --Sarah-- August 28, 1989 Virgo
animegaijingirl --Anna Mae/Becca-- October 6 Libra
buffygrl3 --(Cody's love)--
MercuryDoll --Bec--
Ard Rhys69 (twiguy)

and here's the statements again, if anyone have others, please, feel free to share!
"derailing in Gen Y is "
"Gen Y, rocks my Twilight socks..."
"since Edward didn't change us, here we are, not even teenagers anymore"
"dealer: the Lex, drug: Gen Y"
"the mirror lies, we're still 15 at heart..."
"too old to drool, but it's so much fun..."
"I couldn't live without my Lexily"
"part of the Gen Y Lexily"
"all is fair in love and lexily"
"Gen Y: Lexily with dirty keyboards"
"we are lexily, I've got all my friends here with me..."

"I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... ♥ my Lexily!" -CiaoBella
Last edited by Wingtear on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
MagicWings
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagicWings »

Hi ^^; I'm a 20-something (21, so I count!) girl and thought I'd see what was up with my generation :P I honestly didn't know we were Generation Y... I don't even like that letter XD

So, it's nice to "meet" you all :P
Anime, manga, and gamer fans wanted:
http://imagineroleplayforum.ultimarpg.net/portal.htm
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Hi Wings!!!
I like your name!!! :roll: :lol:
I always thought I was generation X, but apparently not...
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Hi MagicWings! *waves* I'm still fairly new, still getting to know everyone (and I'm 21 too - snap!)

I think Generation X is the baby boomers? I dunno - Generation Y is cool! :D

My fav song on the soundtrack is Never Think although I dont rate the soundtrack very highly overal. I think with the songs me and all of the other lexies suggest are a million times better.

Funny story about "Flightless Bird" It was playing on the stereo

"Fliiightless bird...."
Then my mum yells out "Penguin"

After seeing the film this turned into a big game...I wont ruin it by saying what we were saying - feel free to name some yourself :) (sorry if this is a bit of a sad game - I think this was funnier in person rather than on a board...)

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Welcome, Wings! Now we have two Wings :) I'm Kim and it's a pleasure to have you here. And of course being 21 means you count. We don't really like to mention it but we have a couple of 19 year olds on here being the posers that they are :P

you guys, I am never going to get a job! I just got an email from a job applied to yesterday letting me know that my resume was not actually included as an attachment. This is the second time I've done this! Gah!! :( What is wrong with me??

and don't forget to post the pics of your swap loot, you swappers out there. i can't wait to see what you guys all got each other :)

kiella, love your bella's lullaby story. maybe i should try it the next time im up til 5AM!

It's snowing here :)
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!