Dating Thread

lovemesomecullensss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Dating Thread

Post by lovemesomecullensss »

TIFFI:
Haha oh, your many boys. ;] I'm glad you got to talk to BG again and kind of clear the air. And I know you and Ben aren't dating yet but it'll happen before too long, so I'm just anticipating that. ;] :] But wait... why were you talking to your math teacher on Facebook chat? That's creepy... lol.

VK:
I LOVE YOU TO DEATH! Just thought I'd get that out there. :] I mean, that was one of the greatest stories I've ever read. John is a babe and you got him to wink at you. Sweet success! Haha I hope you have fun going wherever you're going out of town. :] And I'd loveeeeeeeeeeee to go to Twi-Con. Really, really, I would. But it's in Dallas and I live... approximately twelve hours away from there. (I just GoogleMapped it.) So yeah, my parents probably wouldn't be too keen on that...

LAYLA:
Yeah, it might be a good idea then to just say, "Hey, man, you're starting to freak her out a little. You might want to lay off the 24/7 texting and calling because she doesn't want to date right now and you don't want to start looking obsessed..." Lol. :]

EDWARDLOVER:
Awww, it'll be okay. Yeah, you hurt his feelings. But that doesn't mean you can't still be friends. It's not your fault that you don't like him that way. He understands that. He'll be back to normal before you know it so try not to dwell on it too much. :]

HOLDEN:
Yay for Willow! I'm sure it's nice having someone to talk to. (I mean, you know, other than us. ;]) So definitely keep talking to her; I'm sure it'll make you feel a lot better. :]

BAC:
You should totally take your hubby out for a night on the town! Something romantic to spark the loveeeee. ;]

VAL:
Ohhhhemmmmgeeee. FL is a huge creeper. Possibly one of the biggest creepers I've ever heard of. Really. Why you let him lick your face is beyond me haha. I'd have been all, "SECURITY! HELP!" Haha. I'm glad you've been avoiding him, though. Very smart decision! :]

MARIE:
Haha Eli sounds funny. And how cute, he had a daydream about you. ;] Sounds like things are going pretty well with him and he hasn't tried to make a move or anything so you're home free for now. (Key words: for now. ;]) :]
Speaking of MARIE...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARIE! SWEET SIXTEEN IS SWEET INDEED. :]

I hope everyone has a great day. I have to do homework all day and then go see the show tonight, so nothing too exciting. Hope you all have more fun than me. :]
holdencaulfield

Post by holdencaulfield »

lovemesomecullensss: Thanks. Yea, I think so. I just need t o try and work on getting my mind off of things. This is day two of not hearing from her. So I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I enjoy talking to Willow, but I don't think that there is any chance for a relationship there. She can do way better than me. ;)

StupidxLamb: Happy Birthday!

samajama: Thanks, I'm trying my best to cheer up.

bac: Thanks, I hope that things get better for me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Holden's Update
Ok, I totally just realized that I cannot talk to girls at all who I don't already know. There are so many girls who I would like to know or at least get to know better, but I just can't talk to them. Any advice? I would like to it's just hard for me.
VampireKnight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by VampireKnight »

Holden try getting some of your other friends to talk to them first and then have them introduce you to them. Group outings are always good getting to know people too. A great game to play would be "Imagine If", that way you're kinda forced to talk to the person, in a good way. If you ever do happen to snag a date with a girl you feel uncomfortable talking too, do something that you love and that you feel comfortable with. It's sure to strike up a conversation.

!!!Advice Needed!!! I know in the past I've given off vibes on purpose so people would leave me alone. But now I'm afraid I might be giving off different vibes that discourage guys from asking me out. How does everyone else get dates?
x_mystical_dreams
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by x_mystical_dreams »

lovemesomecullensss wrote: Ahhh you guys post so much ! Took me forever to find my last message & replies :lol:

MYSTICALDREAMS:
Yes, you need to break this friendship up. He's being WAY overbearing. Here's how I'd do it: I'd tell him that you know how he feels about you but he's being really overbearing and it's making you feel uncomfortable. So he should stop making you feel that way or else you two can't be friends. If he doesn't let up, then stop talking to / hanging out with him. Don't ignore him, but don't initiate any conversation with him and ignore his weird behavior. You'll be fine. :]
I know I really do don't I! It's really creepy. Thanks for the advice, I'll try and talk to him about it :\ As for the whole not initiating conversation though I already don't. I talk to him as little as I can, obviously not trying to make a decent convo but he leaves me so many messages on facebook, bebo, email. & he's always on msn. I blocked him once but he found out I had somehow & got really angry :? how annoying...
Layla_Hale wrote:btw, im new here...but ive lurked around for a while and i look at this thread every so often and ya'll give great advice!! I'm 16 and have never had a boyfriend, and it really makes me feel better when i read the advice you've given to other people in my situation!
Heyy, I don't know if your comment was refering to my post a while ago, if it was then yeah they give good advice :) & its nice to know theres other people in my situation too
If it wasn't then if I were you I'd read the posts, the advice was good :D

Holden: I agree with the post above ^^ Try talking to people when your in groups, get to know them a little so then you feel more comfortable talking to them alone. :) Most girls would probably be really impressed you had the courage to come over and talk to them in the first place and be happy to make conversation. If there are people in particular to want to talk to maybe talk to others try and find out some things they like (music, sport?, their interests) to make conversation easier at first.

(I'm Georgina btw :D pretty new to the boards... so hi)
maybe someday I'll come around and tell you
all the things that I never said
with the courage that I never found

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
holdencaulfield

Post by holdencaulfield »

x_mystical_dreams: See that's kind of the problem. I don't have many friends, and the friends that I do have really don't hang out with girls. So that's kind of the entire problem. I just really can't meet any girls, and I'm trying to because I need to get my mind off of my ex-girlfriend, who although we both want to get back together my parents won't let me. And I think that they might at some point, but they don't get that they are wrecking any hopes of me and her getting back together. :evil: So I'm trying to find something to focus on so that I can stop worrying about this. But it's hard, I still want to be with her.

VampireKnight: Same as above really, but I just can't meet girls. It's just so tough for me. Well, maybe you should try and be more outgoing. I really don't know you situation so it's hard to say.
Layla_Hale
Touched By Cold Hands
Location: Near Forks.....the ones in my kitchen drawer (not too far from Spoons, either)

Post by Layla_Hale »

holdencaulfield wrote:She can do way better than me. ;)
aww, Holden don't put yourself down like that! from what i've read you seem like a really sweet guy!

Georgina (mystical dreams): No, I wasn’t referring to your post actually, but I will definitely go read it! What page was it on?

LSMC: yeah, the next time he brings it up that’s what I’ll do…he didn’t mention it today (so far) so maybe he’s just gonna cool his jets for a while…haha! ;)

General Major of Jasper's Confederate Army
Smooth Alesio Tagliano~Mafia
Twi-Twin Ayan
Randie from #2
The Epic Battle of Spring '09-Air Raid Instigator
Volturi: Sophia
lovemesomecullensss

Post by lovemesomecullensss »

HOLDEN:
Oh, HOLDEN. First of all, don't say she can do better than you. Don't think like that! And second of all, you don't have to want a relationship with her; there is such a thing as a guy being a friend with a girl, you know. ;] As for meeting girls, you can't just wait for them to come to you. And if your friends don't know many girls either, then maybe you all need to go somewhere where you can meet girls. After school clubs, maybe, or football games. Since Halloween's coming up, maybe a Haunted Forest or something. People neglect to realize the many places where girls hang out that guys can also hang out at... haha. All you have to do is get some friends together and go somewhere and you're bound to meet some girls. All you need to do is make some small talk, introduce yourselves, and continue to talk. Here, I'll give you an example:
This summer I went to Warped Tour for my birthday (a huge music festival with sixty+ bands.) I went with my two best friends. We had these backstage pass things that we got when our parents gave blood, so we decided to try them out. Well, they stunk. We could only go walk around in the tour bus parking lot and no one was really even back there. On our way out, though, we ran into two really cute guys. One of them saw us and said, "Hey, have you guys been able to find anyone?" I said, "No, these passes blow!" And the other said, "You're telling me! How lame!" And then the first guy said, "You guys want to walk around together and see if we can find anyone? Maybe if we team up, we can be intimidating." *lol* So they told us their names and we told them ours and we hung out that day. We didn't live anywhere near each other, otherwise we would've exchanged numbers.
But, see, HOLDEN? It's just that easy. Don't make it out to be some big thing. It's not. You can do it. :]

VAMPIREKNIGHT:
Welcome to the thread. :] How do you get dates? FLIRT. That's how. If you're interested in a guy, start talking to him more. Get his number. Text him. IM him. Facebook chat him. Get really close when you talk to him. Flip your hair, bat your eyelashes. Touch his arm or shoulder when you talk to him. Hug him. Most girls have flirting embedded in their DNA, they just need to know how and when to use it. I just told you how to use it. And you use it when you find a guy that you're interested in. So yeah. :]

GEORGINA:
Good luck with him, hon. Just remember that you have to stand up for yourself sometimes, even if you think you'll hurt his feelings. It's not a crime to hurt someone's feelings if it can't be helped. You shouldn't have to suffer to spare him momentary rejection. :]
x_mystical_dreams
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by x_mystical_dreams »

Holden: Ok so I can see how that makes things a little harder but it still doesn't mean there's no way you can meet girls. Is there a reason why your friends don't have girls as friends? Or would they be just as willing as you to go out and try and meet some? Maybe get one of your friends to start a new club or hobby with you, somewhere that you have chance to meet girls. That way you'll have the support of your friend and be able to meet new people, and at least that way you'll be meeting people you have something in common with. And even if you don't meet too many girls maybe a new hobby would be a good way of taking your mind of the situation with your ex-girlfriend for the time being, until you decide where your relationships going.

Layla: I really don't know what pages it was on sorry :\ It wasn't long ago but people post so often on this post ! You might not even be that interested to read it tbh it was just about not having had a bf & not really knowing how to start a serious relationship & not be so scared :lol:

LMSC: I know its just hard, I hate upsetting people and I know we could be good friends if he didn't like me because we do have some good chats. But I can't take his creeper ways anymore and I have tried to let him down nicely more than once now so I guess theres not much more i can do
maybe someday I'll come around and tell you
all the things that I never said
with the courage that I never found

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

dewdewdewwww i'm hereeeee :P

valentina: GROSS! MAJOR GROSS! A FACE LICKER?!? EWWW THOSE ARE THE WORSTTT not that i've ever experienced one but just the thought makes me want to gag. i mean who licks someones face? *gives creeper-be-gone spray* this cannot wait until your birthday you need it NOW. :lol:

marie: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! WOO! SIXTEEN! :D oh and you and eli seem to be doing pretty good eh?

virginia: omgsh winks are the best. tristan used to wink at me all the time..never failed to make me swoon..that was a really cute story :) that game sounds like so much fun! i want to play that with a bunch of my friends now.. 8-)
randomness bum<3
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Holden: You may want to try going to clubs or meetings or something like that. It'll be easier if you know you have something in common to start talking about. Or you could just start talking to a girl from a certain class about some assignment and try forming a friendship from there.

VampireKnight: I know the feeling. =/ I don't really have advice, but I can empathize, if that'll help. Probably not, but at least you're not alone? :roll:

Happy 16th Birthday, Marie!

As for me... I have 2 things. Both are really insignificant, lol, but oh well ;)

Okay, so on my way home I saw this kid, Andrei, that I had a huge crush on in 7th grade. He didn't recognize me, though. He's still really cute. :lol: He has pretty eyes.
And that's that. Haha.

So...Ryan and I had interaction today. Really short. And lame, but whatever. I'm going to tell the pointless anecdote anyway. So (I think I mentioned this already, but if not....) Ryan was wearing a sling yesterday (and again today, obviously) because he hurt something, but I didn't know what had happened. So I was with this girl, Sasha, collecting attendance folders, and Ryan was just passing by. So Sasha was like, Whoa. What happened to your arm? He said he did something to his clavicle (that's your collar bone, folks ;)) playing soccer, I think. As you can tell, I wasn't completely paying attention, hehe. So it was something like...
Ryan: Oh, I fractured (?) my clavicle playing soccer (?). [I really should pay more attention.]
Me: Haha. Good job.
Ryan: Thanks, Sam .... :(

Hahaha. That was the lamest thing ever. You know, I just realized.. it's kind of weird that he called me Sam. He's one of the only people that calls me Samantha (most of the time, anyway). For some reason, it's not weird when he calls me Samantha, but when, like, pretty much anyone else does, I'm like...Er, what's wrong with you :?:

Okay, I'm done. That was a terrible, even for a pseudo-update. I don't like him. Really. Haha. That's not denial; it's just a fact, and I never have anything to tell you guys, so I talk about him since I've mentioned him before, and blah, blah, blah. Stupid boy.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3