Dating Thread

holdencaulfield
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Dating Thread

Post by holdencaulfield »

x_mystical_dreams: Ok, I only have two friends who are girls. And I barely see them anyways because they go to different schools. So at my school I don't have any friends who are girls. At all. My guy friends are real dorks, so I'm not going to meet anyone through them, not that they would even want to meet girls anyways. I'm very shy, even though I'm not shy on the Lex. My dad was like to me today: "you are a disappointment". I was like thanks. :P

lovemesomecullensss: I'm not very attractive LMSC. That's like the only thing that counts at my school. I know, I really just want a friend right now. My life is pretty much going downhill and fast. It's almost like it's spiraling out of control. I'm having a tough time handling it right now. I know it's easy sometimes, but I honestly don't have any friends to go out with. My friends idea of a good Friday night is sitting in their basement and playing Rock Band. :x

Layla_Hale: Thanks, but that's just the way I feel. I'm a nice guy, but that honestly doesn't count for anything where I am. I'm always either "just the friend" or the guy that girls feel sorry for so they talk to me. You literally have to be like a real jerk for anyone to pay attention to you. And since I don't like just go on pointless hook up dates with girls, they think that I wouldn't even be interested. Is it that bad to not want to kiss a girl until you are actually boyfriend/girlfriend.

samajama: I think that I may have to try like that though. I really can't see any other way to meet people. The problem is that I am extremely shy until I get to know people. So it normally comes off as me being a jerk. And then if I am outgoing, girls just hate that and want me to just stop talking to them. I'm just annoying and clingy.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

holdencaulfield wrote:samajama: I think that I may have to try like that though. I really can't see any other way to meet people. The problem is that I am extremely shy until I get to know people. So it normally comes off as me being a jerk. And then if I am outgoing, girls just hate that and want me to just stop talking to them. I'm just annoying and clingy.
Haha. Holden, you just described me. Just replace "girls" with "guys."

*sigh*
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

My fingers are kinda numb so i'll respond in pieces. Im shaking irregularly.

V-
I agree with Christine on the loving you part! lol. Toatlly amazing. You are quite the character!!! =] By the way... I don't really want to ask how you know (or remember) that it was 11 beestings. Everytime you tell us a story about this John it's wonderful. Then he takes his shirt off and the glory hits a new dimension.

Marie-
How are you enjoying all your birthday jubilancy >????(is that even a word?)
By the way have super super super fun tonight at the dance! If Eli asks you to dance i'd say hey, it's my birthday! i'll dance with whomever i so please. The fighting with him seems really cute and irritatingly awesome. The song.. never heard it but just the title- HES SO INTO YOU.

Today i totally used that quote "Why run when you can be sleeping". Who said that again? I forget.

Ah. another wierd day with Lu. It started off when we were in our little corner in the morning and i thought i had figured out who he asked because she in the corner thing (more like an orifice in the hallway)sits across from our corner thing and they were talking. So im like... okay, brown hair, our grade, our schooll... possibly her.

In science we had a lab so we went to the computer lab and i ended up sitting next to him (not so much by choice but because i was the last to sit and it was the only place left). So we sat there talking and yes, doing that thing where our legs touch and we don't move 'em. I annoy him about getting a ride to my birthday celebration tomorrow and then we wrestle over the mouse (becuase i was trying to get his computer to click on a certain site). I win. of course.

Then Alexandra is looking up movies and he tells me "We are going to go see Blindness." im all like.. okay. then he goes "And that movie SexDrive. We're so going to see that too!" so apparently we are going to see that. Just like when i said we were going to see Batman together. lets hope this time we actually do. He tells me he's going to get a puppy this weekend when i said something about dogs and then is like "no one is supposed to know that!"

And then he tells our other friend who he's asking to the dance (he whispers rather loud and i hear it. I WAS RIGHT! about what i thought in the morning!) and she goes "Do you even know her?" i agree.We were talking about the tables we were going to sit at and Alexandra said that he's going to have to sit with this chick, Chelsea, and alll her annoying superficial friends. Later i told Alexandra that i figured out who it was and told her i'm so still asking anyway. She was like "GOOD!!!" and im all like.. "Yea..Whered that even come from?" and shesaid she had no idea. So Lu and Chelsea have nothing to do with each other and im taking this risk.
Later that day i see them walking down the hall together. Ugh. lol.

Then at our final freeperiod i sat next to Amber because i didn't want to sit next to her (and there was some girl on the other side of her). (obviously i situate the chair next to me rather close. He falls for it and sits there) Him and I talk. She asks if hes going to some thing tomorrow and he looks at me and mouths ären't i going to your house?" Then he launches across me to steal Ambers pencil and refuses to give it to her and puts it in his pants thinking its the only place she won't go. Meanwhile im there watching him stick it down his pants. odd. After awhile he takes it out and i give it back to her. But he keeps joking around with her saying thigns like "lets have sex" and im all.. WHOA.stop. now.

And then when he's talking to his friends she looks at me and mouths "We gotta talk" *looks at Lu* then I'm all "okay" so she asks if he likes her (she wishes!) and im like... "honestly. I think No" honestly. That was way too much power in my hands! But as if he tells me these thinsg! She asks "Thinking no or telling me no?" I tell her no. he hears me tel her no and is immediately interested so i just play it off as something else. And that was basically all that's worth telling.

That just took me about an hour to type becuase of my frigid coldness.

Andyes, Holden. I think i would still talk to the guy who had a girlfriend depending on the guy and depending on his girlfriend
samajama

Post by samajama »

Marie: I forgot about that dance. Have fun!! I wish Eli was going :[

which leads me to..

Lena: Eli isn't going to Marie's dance because he's failing English. [Marie, you need to get that boy to start doing some work!] Anyway, why are you so cold?! *hugs* Ew, Chelsea. I'm glad you're still going to ask him! I hope you guys actually go to the movies =/ That legs-touching-but-you-don't-move-them-away-even-though-you-know-they're-touching thing is truly adorable. :P Lu should stop sticking sharp objects, such as pencils, down his pants. Just a friendly tip.
I hope things work out, hun :]
holdencaulfield

samajama: Yea, it sucks doesn't it. I guess I'm just not very attractive. That's my really easy excuse, but I'm going to stick with it for the time being. I have the SAT tomorrow. :| So I'm like studying for it right now, kind of. I'm totally blasting emo music right now, to get me over not having any friends. :P And the fact that I lost my best friend by loosing Elke :(

Conzoni al vento: Why are you so cold? I'm sorry that you had what sounds like an interesting day. It seems like Lu is very inconsistent because he seems like he is always changing his mind and doesn't really know what he wants, but that's just my opinion. I really don't like it when guys put anything down their pants, and then act like "go get it", it just kind of pisses me off. But who knows, that's just me, maybe other people find it funny. Yea, I don't know. Who knows. I think that right now, I just need to focus on the fact that Elke is gone, and try my best to move on. I need to try to stay positive and be social.
samajama

Post by samajama »

Holden: I'm listening to music....er, studying, too. Haha. Maybe I'll meet cute, smart boys at the SAT :lol: Yeah, as if.

"Slow Down" by The Academy Is... is a good song. It made me think of things. Argh.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

samajama wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:samajama: I think that I may have to try like that though. I really can't see any other way to meet people. The problem is that I am extremely shy until I get to know people. So it normally comes off as me being a jerk. And then if I am outgoing, girls just hate that and want me to just stop talking to them. I'm just annoying and clingy.
Haha. Holden, you just described me. Just replace "girls" with "guys."

*sigh*
I think I can join your group! I come off confident in groups, but once I'm one on one with a guy I like, I'm so shy. I feel so stupid.
Holden- Why are you so hard on yourself? Stop calling yourself unattractive. It's easy to feel unattractive when you just went through a breakup, but you have to have confidence in yourself and believe it, which is my issue- I'm working on it! If you think highly of yourself, and have confidence, others will believe you're confident hold you in high regard also.
Lena- I think you should ask Lu out asap! He's way too flirty with Amber and the sexual references are a big no no. If he's into you even the slightest (which I think he is- the close legs?) he shouldn't be acting like that in front of you. Maybe once you tell him the truth about how you feel he'll stop being such a flirt with other girls. I'm hoping he feels the feeling is mutual, he does sound like he's into you. Good luck!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
samajama

Post by samajama »

Liz: Of course you're welcome to join. And again, *hug*!!!

Holden: Liz's right. Stop being so hard on yourself. I'm being a total hypocrite right now, but that's okay! You're an awesome guy! We love you!

Tomorrow I'm going to get it on with Mr. S. A. Tee. ;) That's all for me.
I have a head ache.
holdencaulfield

samajama: Yea, don't count on it lol. I was listening to Underoath. I really need to buy their new CD. :geek: Aww, thanks. I hope so. Good luck with the SAT!

Elizabeth: I know, it's hard when you feel like your every move is being scrutinized. ;) I have thought about that, trying to be confident and all, but I really don't think that it works too much. I just feel like I am unattractive, because seriously, girls never go out of their way to talk to me. And I'm short (5' 4"), so that doesn't help at all. Girls want a hero, not some guy who needs a girl to help them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Holden's Update
Well here is what's going on right now. It's about 9:00pm here, and I'm trying to burn off a bit of stress before the SAT tomorrow. I feel like such a bad person right now, or at least I feel like everything that's happening is payback somehow. I don't know why though. My parents hate me, they won't even let me speak to Elke. The last time I heard from her was three days ago (email). I've realized that I don't have many friends at all, and that my family pretty much hates me right now. I don't sleep anymore, and I feel like I lost my best friend (Elke). She has said she want's to be with me (although her last email told me that she thought it might be easier if we weren't together). I'm sad because I want to hear from her (although part of me knows that maybe it's for the best). I really just wish that I could meet some amazing girl, who would just take me from all of this, and would be there to comfort me and make me feel loved. Sorry for this rant, I know it's off topic. But sometimes it's good for me.
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Valentina »

Holden - I'm sure if you're meant to be together, than you'll find a way. And if it doesn't work out, maybe just moving on is a good idea. Its especially hard to meet girls if you're still hung up on one that it won't work out with!

Also, its hard meeting girls when you're queer. Trust me, all the cute girls are straight or taken. Or I hear there's lesbian girls who won't date bi girls (I'm asexual, but I would date either), though I'm not sure I want to be with someone like that. Does it really matter if I like guys too as long as I'm not cheating?

And then I'm too shy to actually ask out the girl I like (named Valerie, haha). She's asexual too, and I'm worried that I'll alienate the only other asexual I know... She flirts with me, but apparently she kind of flirts with everyone... like she's kind of touchy feely, so I may be interpreting her normal behavior as special attention. Gah. Also my mother would have a COW if I dated a girl.

And I let the Face Licker lick me face because I didn't want to be rude. I'm Canadian. We're polite. To a fault. XP

Also the sticking-stuff-down-one's-pants is creepy, especially in that context. I did stick a cell phone down my pants once, I was playing keep-away with a friend. But she went after it, lol. Also sharp things near sensitive body parts is never a good idea!

Speaking of stupid ideas... that friend slept with a guy who not only is missing teeth (ew), but is reeeeally ugly, and also tried to light his boots on fire WHILE HE WAS WEARING THEM. Doesn't he sound like a keeper?