What are you reading?

x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Re: What are you reading?

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

Una- I'll be sure to give that one a shot then and see what I think after that.
Oooh I hate that! Its most annoying not having the next book to read but having the one after.
I've got the first vampire academy book waiting to be read on my shelf as well I've heard there really good. Yes my room is like a library *sighs* So many books such little time.

Oh and love_is_noise I agree I love that reading high. I love reading full stop.
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Uglies! It is awesome lol.

I need to finish it though! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Wyverhail by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

summary: Hai has always been an outsider. With a falcon mother and a deceased cobra father, she is considered a mongrel by most, and ally by some and a friend by few. Hai's broken falcon wings are a painful reminder of the life she one lead on Ahnmik. And here in Wyvern's Court, the avian ans erpiente royal family keep their distance, refusing to acknowledge her cobra bloodline. They know that Hai's magic is so volatile, she can barely controll it, and images of the past and future threaten to overwhelm her.

When Hai's cousin, Oliza Shardae Cobriana, abdicates the throne of Wyvern's Court, Hai has visions only of destruction: the serpiente kind, Salem, dead in her arms; the dutiful guard, Nicias, unable to save a generation of children: and Wyvern's Court in flames. Now Hai will do anything to protect her new home - even if it means betraying the very people who need her most.

In this stunning conclusion to the Kiesha'ra series,Amelia Atwater-Rhdoes captures the hopes and dreams of the shapeshifters as they fight to preserve their most cherished gift: freedom.

excerpt: Chapter 6
"I've never though of you as a falcon until now," Vere said," when I heard you speak of yourself as if Anhamirak had never touched you. I suppose it was arrogant of me, to ignore one half of your parentage because I was fonder of the other."

"If you have to ignore half of my blood, I would rather you ignore my father's," I said, cut by his words, which I had heard in many forms as a child.

He shook his head. "Then you would have been dead long before I let you walk these woods."

"I could kill you before you could injure me," I pointed out. "I could kill youin such a way that you would feel like it took you centuries to die. I was raised on Ahnmik, after all. I might have been a dancer, but I learned many of the Mercy's tricks."

He nodded. "I suppose you could, except for one thing."

"What is that?"

"You would have to care enough about your own life, and my death, to do it. And you don't, not nearly."

I shrugged. "Perhaps"

Perhaps. I felt very tired, very worn down by the despair in my visions, for someone who couldn't care less if she lived or died.

As if summoned by my thoughts, the child darted across our path again. White-blond hair streamed behind the running figure.

"I told Nicias I would check on Oliza for him," I said, shifting the topic to somethign that concerned me more, "since I knew that you would not wnat him to come here himself." Partly I spoke to fulfill my duty to the perigrine, but I was equally interested in learning Vere's opinion of the abdicated princess. Keyi's possible fathers were many, but her white-blonf hair in this particular vision could come only from one of the white vipers od Obsidian guild.

"She's here. Heartbroken by what she has had to do,but confident that it was the right thing. Betia will help her through it." He paused, considering, before he added, "I have no objection to herbeing our guest, but I would like someday to know why she made the descicion she did. I haven't wanted to pressure her."

"And you think I might knwo?"

"I know you know," he replied. "It's only a matter of whether you'll tell me."

"When your kin forst left teh Dasi, do you know what happened?"

"I suspect yopu'll tell me I don't" he said wryly.

'In the ancient days, the Dasi were able to summon spirits for guidance and call the rain to feed their crops. Namid's priest could see if a mother was kindled ith life just by looking at her,and when it was time, he could usher the life into the world with ease. Brysh's priestess could take a dying man's last breath just as painlessly and wrap the survivors in peaceful mourning. When your ancestor Maeve left the Dasi, all controll, all balance, left with her. Rains turned to floods that swept away homes and drowned dozens ofmen, women, and children." A bassinet, swept dowstream with a wailing infant inside. "Namid's touch could burn a woman so the life inside her bled. Just a glance from the aplomado Syfka - who had been sworn to Brysh - could make a person fall, a glance from Kiesha, Anhamirak's priestess..." I shuddered. "Can you imagine a cobra's being able to kindle fire with those garnet eyes?"

"They nearly can still," Vere whispered.

for the rest READ THE BOOK!
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

^^ WOW that is really good!!!!!
i now have to read it..there are alot of book on hat particular list of mine...i just lvoe books to much.i don't even have preferences of genre...so long as the author writes well i don't care what it is about.......

i'm reading brisingr atm and it is ace!!! like really ace! <-- wow i never say ace and here i go saying it twice in one sentance..make that thrice)
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
edward's#1fangrrl
Wandering Through Town

Post by edward's#1fangrrl »

Actually, that question would be easier to answer if it was "what are you NOT reading?" Just kidding. Sorta.

I am currently rereading Percy Jackson, Breaking Dawn, and Brisingr(all for at least the 4th time).

I am also reading the Vampire Academy series. I read all 3 of them in 3 days. I WANT MORE!!!!!! I was SO sad at the end of Shadow Kiss!!!!! Una, I agree with you 150%, and the next one doesn't come out 'til August!!!!! :cry:
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

Blue Bloods. I just finished Frostbite...
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I just finished reading the Hunger games! It was AMAZING!!! I couldn't put it down!!! :D
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

^Yes! Now come join us on the Hunger Games thread! It needs some reviving, I think I killed it talking about Gale/Peeta needing to die.

Um, still reading The Ice Limit, by Douglas Pretson, which apparently no one on here reads.
leopardgirl314
Settled in Forks

Post by leopardgirl314 »

Marley and Me, and rereading Twilight.
~*Caryn*~ (I'm back!!!!)
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

I've just started Rebel Angels by Libba Bray the second book to the Gemma Doyle trilogy
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя