-perfect chemistry by simone elkele
-kiss of the night by Sherrilyn kenyon..nest next DH book

but currently i am read Witch Season by jeff mariotte
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: What are you reading?

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

I started reading a Jodi Picoult book a while back, can't remember what it was called but it's about a girl that gets raped at or after a party -- it was so depressing I had to stop half-way through (and I NEVER do that in books).

Anyway, just wanted to hear someone else's opinion on that writer -- are other books of hers like that, should I try a different book before giving up on that author completely?

The other thing that bugged me about her was she dropped the F-bomb quite a bit and that got old.

Does anyone read her books and could you comment on this???

Thanks guys!!
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

Thanks fanMNM!

UnfreakinBelievable- I've read nearly every one of Jodi's books and I wouldn't say tenth circle is one of her best all her books have topics on sensitive issues so yes they can be a bit depressing in parts.
She's one of my favourite authors and my favourite books by her are

Second glance hard to get into but its a breathtaking story once you get past the first 80 pages
The Pact
My sisters keeper which is being made into a movie
nineteen minutes and
change of heart

Like I say the stories are very deep but there completely unputdownable I’d recommend it to people who enjoyed the lovely bones, the time travellers wife and stuff like that.
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:I started reading a Jodi Picoult book a while back, can't remember what it was called but it's about a girl that gets raped at or after a party -- it was so depressing I had to stop half-way through (and I NEVER do that in books).

Anyway, just wanted to hear someone else's opinion on that writer -- are other books of hers like that, should I try a different book before giving up on that author completely?

The other thing that bugged me about her was she dropped the F-bomb quite a bit and that got old.

Thanks guys!!

I thought I was the only one who felt this way! I got a book of hers as a present for Christmas and when I tried to start it, I oculdn't get into it. It was soo depressing, right from the start that I couldn't connect to the characters. It was way too heavy too fast. I also NEVER put down a book and walk away. I think that's only ever happened twice in my entire life and I've always gone back and continued to read after a day or two...but her book? No thanks. I don't even want to try again. I thought I was strange cause so many people seem to love her books and her writing.

Thank you Naureen!!
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

Well i'm logging off now to go try and finish Rumours by Anna Godbersen hopefully before i fall asleep :lol:
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

Vampire Academy. has anyone read it?
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

^^^^ I havent read vampire academy yet but its waiting to be read on my bookshelf, I heard its suppost to be really good.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:I started reading a Jodi Picoult book a while back, can't remember what it was called but it's about a girl that gets raped at or after a party -- it was so depressing I had to stop half-way through (and I NEVER do that in books).

Thanks guys!!
I've read My Sister's Keeper, and that was depressing and she did cuss quite a bit. My friend loves her though. I think it all depends on what you like to read. She's not my type of author, personally.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

I'm reading Deadly Little Secret. I'm only about 30 pages in but it's really good so far.
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

I'm now reading the 4th house of night book untamed. I love it so far I think it could possibly be the best one yet!