What are you reading?

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: What are you reading?

Post by una »

I've read the Vampire Academy books. I really liked them. Very interesting mythology on Vampires, different from most - I enjoy them. Give the first one a shot - most libraries carry the series.

I just started a new vampire (adult) series called the Prime series by Susan Sizemore. I've read the first two books, it's okay. Not great, but so far it is entertaining and the mythology is slowly unfolding...it's interesting.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

right now I'm reading the Anne of Green Gables series. It's been probably at least 10 years since I read them. So I bought them w/some Christmas money and finally got to them. I'm on the 3rd book so it'll be awhile before I'm done. and then I bought the book Wicked that the broadway play is supposed to be based off of. I'll read that whenever I get done w/Anne.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I'm reang anna Karenina because it was the thivkest book in the store and I'm tired of buying books and finishing them in an afternoon. I finished Evermore, it was pretty good, the theme is a bit played but that's what happens when you cater to an audience, I guess.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Anna Karenina was difficult for me to get through...very heavy and depressing...what do u think of it?

I'm just finishing my second read through of "Wicked" the book the play was based off of by Gregory Maguire.

Thank you Naureen!!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Anna Karenina would be easier if everybody didn't have the same ten syllabic name.

I love Gregory McGuire. Have you read Son of a Witch or A Lion Among Men yet? I remember my first McGuire, it was Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, I think that one was made into a movie a few years back.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I just recently acquired Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister....I haven't read it yet though. I want to read Son of a Witch as well.

Thank you Naureen!!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

^^I've read Wicked... that was a WEIRD book. I wonder how different it'll be from the musikal, which I'll be seeing in a couple weeks :D
Library Night!
I got Sabriel for a re-read, but I probably won't start it soon. I still have a book and a half of Douglas Preston to get through.
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:I got Sabriel for a re-read, but I probably won't start it soon.
I love Sabriel!!!
I'm about 30 pages into Winter Song, by Jean-Claude Mourlevat. (I haven't even tried to pronounce his name!) Nothing's really happened, but it's written quite well, so hopefully it'll turn out good :D

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Right now I'm reading three books at the same time:
A great and terrible beauty (can't seem to get into it)
Into the wild (Great and amazing but slower read)
and my main focus of the moment: Wicked by Sara Shepard (book 5 of the pretty little liars series).
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I'm now on book five of the Primes series. It's good but I find it to be lacking depth. I enjoy the stories but I feel that they are a tad shallow - if that makes sense. But they are a good read while I wait for books four and five in the Morganville Vampires series.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!