What are you reading?

roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: What are you reading?

Post by roseaurora »

I just finished The Host.. loved it, but it didn't end the way I expected it to, little disappointed...

Now I am going to start Outliers by Malcolm Gladwll. Loved his book Blink and I've heard good things about this one...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!

maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

I just finished Evernight.
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~

dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

roseaurora wrote: Now I am going to start Outliers by Malcolm Gladwll. Loved his book Blink and I've heard good things about this one...
My dad really likes those, and they do look interesting. I may read them eventually.
Outliers is the one about the turely brilliant geniuses of the world, right..? Or the really sucessful people?

So, I finally got my own copy of the Hunger Games, which I'm re-reading so I can get in Kat's head properly for my project.
And I've started The Ice Limit, by Douglas Preston.

roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:
roseaurora wrote: Now I am going to start Outliers by Malcolm Gladwll. Loved his book Blink and I've heard good things about this one...
My dad really likes those, and they do look interesting. I may read them eventually.
Outliers is the one about the turely brilliant geniuses of the world, right..? Or the really sucessful people?

So, I finally got my own copy of the Hunger Games, which I'm re-reading so I can get in Kat's head properly for my project.
And I've started The Ice Limit, by Douglas Preston.
Yup... its basically about exceptional people. The ones that fall far from the average. Blink was really good, never read Tipping Point but I'm sure its good too. You should definitely check out his books!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!

celeste24601
Settled in Forks

Post by celeste24601 »

Does anyone else get a readers high after reading a good book? I just finished an amazing novel by Sarah Allan Addison... "Garden Spell." The funny thing is after I finish a good book I always want another awesome novel to read. I end up rereading a Twilight novel.

addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

maddy<3twilight wrote:I just finished Evernight.
I have that on reserve from the library! It's still on order though...
Is it good?
roseaurora wrote:I just finished The Host.. loved it, but it didn't end the way I expected it to, little disappointed...
Yeah, I didn't like the ending much, it was too.. too happy, if that makes sense! I mean that it all sort of resolved itself easily, just like that! You can sorta tell I like the Host from my avatar :lol:

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

Thanks Una so the war starts to dominate the plot more in the next books? I might keep reading then I dont dislike them I find them ok and I've got Zsadists book to read next and he sounds like an interesting character.
I've also got The first Morganville Vampire book glass houses waiting to be read on my bookshelf :)

I really like the sound of Evernight by Claudia Gray is it worth a read? And does anyone know if its part of a series?
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя

Devious Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Devious Cullen »

Almost finised Deathly Hallows again. Not sure what's up next... The Host perhaps. Been a while.

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

x. Jessica-Louise .x wrote:Thanks Una so the war starts to dominate the plot more in the next books? I might keep reading then I don't dislike them I find them ok and I've got Zsadists book to read next and he sounds like an interesting character.
Z's books is unbelievable in my opinion. He is one of the MOST favorite brothers of the group - his story is incredibly sad, full of pain and anguish but with such redemption and hope. Give his book a shot if ANYTHING.

Grrr...still waiting for the library to have book 4 of Morganville. Did I mention that I picked up book 5 on Monday because it was in....Yeah, nothing like looking at a book, wanting to read and can't because I need the one before it! :evil:

I just finished Shadow Kiss from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. :shock: :o :cry: Those were my emotions, I'm still reeling from it! When does the next one come out?!?!?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!

love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

celeste24601 wrote:Does anyone else get a readers high after reading a good book?
i know what you mean...i just read 'before i die' (can't remember the author) and allthough i cried throughout the whole book and then cied ome more after i read it i as on such a high..i love that feeling after reading...like you have just experienced a life through another being...

i'm reading brisingr atm and it is amazing! -such a good series-i have decided the books are abit like a cross between LOTR and sabriel, like aragon meets touchstone...

i've read noughts and crosses and eye for an eye, i know i will literally die if i don't get knife edge sometime soon -so amazing!
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer