What are you reading?

Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Ally_Cat »

xXBeSafeXx wrote:Thanks for the link! I know Gio, but not Roxy.

And to stay on topic, I went to the library today and checked out "Dracula," by Bram Stoker, and "Pet Sematary," by Stephen King. I've heard that Stephen King actually quit writing it and threw it away because it scared him so badly, but his wife told him he had to face his fears and finish it.
Oh I love Dracula! I think the epistolary style of writing is really interesting to read and I enjoyed getting to see the story from various characters POV in a manner that was very fluid.

Right now I'm reading The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters Vol. 1 by Gordon Dalhquist.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

The Uglies! YAY!
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
awesome.
"and the boy loved the tree"
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I finished Lonely Werewolf Girl by Marin Millar. It was okay, good but not great.

I am now starting Alyssa Day's, Warriors of Poseidon series, the first book is Atlantis Rising.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

blasphemous_contessa wrote:There's more than three books in the Hitchhiker's series

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Restaraunt at the End of the UNiverse, Mostly Harmless, So Long and Thanks For All The Fish, and I'm pretty sure there's another one after that, I just got bored with it by then.
Yeah, I know there's five. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Restaurant At The End of the Universe, Life, the Universe, and Everything, So Long and Thanks For All The Fish, and Mostly Harmless. I'm almost done with Mostly Harmless.
A five book trilogy.. :roll:
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Currently re-reading "A Ring of Endless Light" by Madeleine L'engle. One of my favorite books, I absolutely love it.
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

TheInkling wrote:-Jasper, ooh, thanks, I'll check that out.

I'll check out the fanfiction section here, and see if anyone's done something like that before.

-haha, I almost spelled Unitedness, "untiedness" and it reminded me of a story where a friend wore a shirt that said "Bad Spellers of the World Untie" and he said when he bought it, he really did think the shirt said "unite".
Then I remembered that friend was Ben G. from 100 Monkeys... really stupid story I know, but the irony just about killed me, so I had to share it. Okay I'm going to shut up about stupid Ben Graupner stories from Madison, yes, we all get it, I used to be friends with someone semi-famous, no one cares, I need to shut up now. :oops:
I sometimes do that too ... easy to mispell. Friends with Ben G? That's pretty cool - so is the shirt. :lol:

Right now I am not reading anything, slightly strange for me. But I did read ringswraith's other fanfic, which is also really good.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

*Wanderer* wrote:Currently re-reading "A Ring of Endless Light" by Madeleine L'engle. One of my favorite books, I absolutely love it.
I love that book too! I haven't read it in ages, though...I need to find a copy.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

I just finished The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and it was wierd -- I didn't love it. When I first started it I was totally captivated, but I didn't like a lot of the stuff in the book (a couple of things were totally shocking/gross) and it went in a really wierd direction. I wasn't really prepared for what the book was really about and now that I know I don't think I will recommend this book to others. (if anyone has read it I would be interested to see what they thought about it)

Anyhow, I'm just now starting I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith and it's pretty cute so far, has a little Jane Austen feel to it.

p.s. Happy Birthday sarah!
Sykes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Sykes »

Just finished Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
and now I'm reading His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
...I think I'm gunna re-read Twilight
I.heart.Christopher.Drew<3
'cause if you jump I will jump too, we will fall together, from the building's ledge never looking back at what we've done, we'll say it was love, cause I would die for you on skyway avenue'
- We The Kings