Alice's Party Planning Committee -- Team Alice thread

navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Alice's Party Planning Committee -- Team Alice thread

Post by navarre »

How do you think Alice would have bonded with Renee judging how much she bonded with Charlie when Bella needed someone to bathe her?

She would have bonded beautifully with Renee. Renee adored Alice in BD and those two would have much to talk about in way of decorating, artsy things. Also Renee was a person who gravitate to happy, perky, colorful people like Alice so, no problem with those two getting along.

If you were Alice how would you take to being Rose's sister?

Alice would have basically got used to Rose and her narcissism - I could too. Alice knows how to handle Rose and would, for the most part, ignore Rose in general - I would too.

If Alice were planning a party, what color scheme would she follow besides pink?

I think she would love to use white, yellow, gold, purple - she can use any color and make it classy.

Do you think Alice sometimes makes her own clothes? Like a designer?

I think she purchases most of her clothes, but she is very talented as evidence in Bella's veil and would make her own when the mood hit her.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Okay, guys, good news, I was finally able to get some promotions done, wahoo!

Here's the updated ranks:

Head shoppers:
Shadow (shadowsinger)
Jess (Jessica x Louise)
Gabi (Eternally dazzled)

VIP guest:
Sarah (sarah!)

World Class Chef:
Carrie
Emmaline

Navarre, can you give me an estimate on your question count so I know if I can promote you? :)

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW RANKS, EVERYONE!

For those of you who haven't PMed me your question count yet, please do so you can get promotions as well!

Logan, please add Ana (partier), brunetterebel010 (bouncer in training) and Izzy (Caterer) to the list.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
IluvEdward27
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by IluvEdward27 »

Hi i just wanted to say my fav. female character is Alice. :D
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

How do you think Alice would have bonded with Renee judging how much she bonded with Charlie when Bella needed someone to bathe her? She probably bonded with her very well during the wedding actually. I can see Alice getting along with Renee great!

If you were Alice how would you take to being Rose's sister? Umm, well I wouldn't like it very much, but I'm sure Alice enjoys it.

If Alice were planning a party, what color scheme would she follow besides pink? Any color! It all depends on what's in style (haha, APPC in the '70s!) and who it's being thrown for.

Do you think Alice sometimes makes her own clothes? Like a designer? Yes, I'm sure she does.

Question count: 30
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

emmaline- i will pm u my count after this post...=]

How do you think Alice would have bonded with Renee judging how much she bonded with Charlie when Bella needed someone to bathe her?
i think its pretty much impossible for people not to love alice..and seeing how renee is kinda scatter brained i think that she would just alice more.

i would probably get fed up and teach rose a lesson or too...heheh =]

If Alice were planning a party, what color scheme would she follow besides pink?
it depends who the party was for and what tiem of year and what the occasion was. alice is pro...so she wouldnt really decorate it on what her favorite things are but on what other people would like and how it fits the situation.

i think that she would probably design them but i doubt she would actaully make them. i am sure she designs stuff all the time!
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Jenna, you might want to change your signature to "Head caterer" because you've just been promoted.

And to make it nice and official...

Congratulations to our newly promoted Head caterer:

Debussygirl - Jenna

:)

Logan, when you read all of this please update and move the promoted people as well as the newbies.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
shadowsinger
Wandering Through Town

Post by shadowsinger »

Oh hey, swish... I got promoted. *cheer* Thanks folks!
(Hey, does this mean you increased my credit limit? *giggle*)

Oh and heaps of thanks to EdwardLikesHaystacks for being such a fantabulous ambassador (and invitation-tracker), and to the most splendiferously amazing Sarah for her song list (which just rocks) and to the lovely Chloe for our web site. Much awesomosity all around.

Hokay; more questions. :)

37 How do you think Alice would have bonded with Renee, judging by how much she bonded with Charlie when Bella needed someone to bathe her?
* I get the feeling that she and Renee would get along well, but Alice might find Renee's intuition a little unnerving from time to time. In some ways, Renee seems more like the perpetual teenager than Bella would ever be, so they'd probably find a lot more common ground.

38 If you were Alice how would you take to being Rose's sister??
* While I get the feeling that Alice does get frustrated with Rosalie's constant competitiveness from time to time and her general sense of deep-rooted insecurity about her attractiveness and how it affects her intrinsic value (hence all the hunting for recognition); I sense that on the whole, Alice realizes that Rose isn't a bad person, just one whose sense of identity comes from a very different place. I think she realizes that they're too different to ever be best friends in the way she wants to be with Bella, and I believe that's part of what makes her drawn so strongly to Bella in the first place; the opportunity to try and mold that relationship into what she wants her 'sister' to be.

39 If Alice were planning a party, what color scheme would she follow besides pink?
* Silvers and blues are always a classic combination that looks elegant and is reasonably holiday neutral, so she'd likely go with that.

40 Do you think Alice sometimes makes her own clothes? Like a designer?
* I think she COULD, but she doesn't see any particular NEED to. After all, with an endless supply of money, you can commission whatever you want, so why waste the time? Also, I believe the hunt for the perfect outfit is where most of the joy comes from; it's the thrill of the chase applied in a less bloodthirsty venue, so why give that up?

=Shadow=
Team Edward: Because Romance Is Not A Four Letter Word...
Team Alice: Prescient, Perky, Popular, Prada - What's Not To Love?

"You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will." - George Bernard
yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

>> Yes! Alice is really friendly like that.. I'm sure Renee would love to spend more time with Alice.

>>I dunno how I can stand her, but I''ll try my best to get sistery-close to her..

>>I'm thinking purple, metallics or maybe something pastel-y.. :D

>>I think she designs more, then have it made.. but if she really wants to have it made perfectly! I think she would make it herself.. :D
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

Sorry, but this is probably going to be a HUGE post--I've got to catch up on the questions I've missed since leaving for my long weekend!

- If you could have had Alice dress you for a certain event, what would it be?

I would love an Alice outfit for a really kick as.s birthday party! You think she’d be willing to plan it for me, too? ;)

- Why do you think Alice would go to Port Angeles for a pair of shoes for Bella? Why not somewhere fancier

Despite Port Angeles being portrayed as a small town, they still seemed to have some fairly high-end stores. Alice may have had a special pair of shoes shipped to one of them—I know I’ve had this done a few times.

- Do you think Alice has a favorite designer?

I think Alice has several favorite designers. I think who she likes also depends on their current collections. She doesn’t seem to base her interest for one designer or another on their names, but, rather, on the kinds of clothes they design. Bella’s wedding dress wasn’t chosen because of the designer’s name, but because of the way he designs clothes—the style, fabrics, and inspirations he uses. I think this is probably how Alice chooses clothes--not by name, but by design.

- If Alice were to pick a celebrity to throw a party for, who would it be and why?

Ashley Greene? Hahaha…

Really, though, Alice doesn’t strike me as the type to befriend celebrities. Vampires, in general, don’t, because they can’t really be high-profile. And, because Alice throws parties for friends and family only, it doesn’t seem likely that she’d be planning many celebrity-heavy parties.

- When Alice saw that Edward was going to provoke the Volturi, what do you think ran through her head?

Alice probably had as near to a panic attack as vampires are capable of. I can’t fathom the fear and sadness she must have felt seeing her brother, for all intents and purposes, asking for death. Especially because, when she saw that, she didn’t know how the Volturi would respond. It was probably good that she didn’t need to breathe. She probably held her breathe in anticipation of seeing their decision.

- How do you think Alice would have bonded with Renee, judging by how much she bonded with Charlie when Bella needed someone to bathe her?

Renee would have loved Alice for her desire to be whatever Bella needed, when she needed it. While Renee probably would have taken care of Bella had she been there, Alice still would have been around a lot. Renee would have seen how much Alice loves Bella and would have responded to that.

- If you were Alice, how would you take to being Rose's sister?

Rosalie is a difficult person to like. But, knowing Rose’s past, knowing how she thinks and how much she mourns for what she can never have, I think I’d be a little more understanding of Rose than most. She’s vain and conceited. She’s stubborn and selfish. But she’s also fiercely loyal, determined, and she truly believes she knows what’s right. Rose and I would never be besties, but I’d still love her.

- If Alice were planning a party, what color scheme would she follow besides pink?

It really depends on the purpose of the party! Alice would think carefully about a color scheme before choosing one! And I don’t think any color would be safe!

- Do you think Alice sometimes makes her own clothes? Like a designer?

I think that she probably buys everything she can, but if she can’t find what she’s looking for she wouldn’t be above pulling out the sewing machine. I often wonder why SM didn’t make Alice’s hobby clothing-design. But then again, I think Alice REALLY enjoys the shopping aspect of clothes. Of finding and obtaining THE perfect outfit.

I was right! This is monster!!!

I'll post tomorrow with some final party decorations. Until then!
-Jolynn
Q: 46
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

Wow thanks so much for the promotion :D I'll do us shoppers proud! and congrats to everyone else who got promoted!
Gabi- I think a final list would be good. I'm trying to look back and find my links but this thread moves along so quickly that its taking some time.

Alice is a very likable person. I think Renee would like Alice even more than Charlie I can see them having a lot in common.

I'd love it because I love Rose as well as Alice. I'd just take Roses moods with a pinch of salt and realise thats just how she is.

Like others have said Alice is a pro so I think she'd go along with what the host wanted and add her own little touches as well depending on the theme of the party.

Yeah I could see Alice doing that she seems like a creative person and I bet she has some really good ideas being so in tuned with fashion and all.

Q: 39

EDITI found my links!

I think this is very vampire especially the candles/flowers.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h210/ ... flickr.jpg

I really like the lights and colours in this one.
http://www.crown-electric.biz/images/large/photo-01.jpg

I'm not sure if this is more for the caterers but I really like these glasses!
http://www.after5catalog.com/images/pro ... MAR4b1.jpg

and if were doing gift bags I thought these might be appropriate in particular the red and orange
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbvi ... t_bags.jpg
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя