The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: The Gutter Gals Thread--Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Post by bac »

I love a voice of reason Nena!

That is why I am going with letting the story be the story and trying not to question too much. I am enjoying the comments/discussion, but for me it all comes back to- this is a fiction story that SM made up.

That's not to say that I won't have some points to pick, but there will never be a "winner" in my opinion. Only SM knows.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Nena wrote:I seriously never thought of sperm in the first place. I figured the same way the venom transforms people into vampires and heals deathly wounds (ex: Esme, Rosalie, Emmett), could have the properties to fertilize an egg into an embryo. Of course this is something that not even Carlisle can explain or even thought possible. While he has studied human medicine, he hasn't had the chance to do much research in the vampire anatomy field.

Everyone is entitled to theorize but we have to accept that we are not going to be able to get a scientifically correct explanation of Vampire/human mating. .. Why? Well, the answer is quite obvious.
I know what you mean, Goodnight Elizabeth, it is a bit intimidating. I usually just stay away from the mating conversations but I think I am going to have to put forth some of my thoughts on this one because it is an interesting topic. I am going to have to go along the same lines as Nena here because I don't really think sperm is more powerful than venom. When venom is spreading throughout the body, it replaces all bodily fluids, which I always figured would include sperm. I never thought the sperm was able to overpower the venom and stay in the body, therefore I would have to agree with Nena. Venom is extremely powerful and complex. It can do many things from healing deathly wounds to changing someone into a vampire so who's to say venom doesn't have the power to fertilize an egg, as well.

Those are just some of my thoughts, though.
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

Twilight<3 wrote: When venom is spreading throughout the body, it replaces all bodily fluids, which I always figured would include sperm.
Except, after the uproar concerning Nessie, Stephenie stated it replaced most but not all, leaving the door for viable sperm open (which caused yet another uproar--I love fandom wank. Never a dull day).

See why there isn't a single rational answer? None really makes any sort of sense, not from any way of looking at it.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
yomahmaful
Settled in Forks

Post by yomahmaful »

-EB- wrote:
Pel wrote:Why would one limit oneself to the bed?
B/E did go for that "swim" in the ocean on their wedding night. Although saltwater doesn't sound tempting to me :shock:
No biggie, just stay away from the sand.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

GNE - glad to see you've caught up.

It's a very interesting debate we have going on. This is such a mythology argument for the Twilight world. I have (personally) no problem believing either venom can fertilize an egg, thus showing why the South American coven has so many half-breeds. But when I first read BD I did think that it was a one time shot, because that I could understand as the information was coming out from SM. I agree, it'd be great to get a straight answer from SM regarding it and maybe we will. Either way, it won't affect my feelings about the book or series or SM for that matter. I enjoyed the story, I enjoyed (as hard as it was for me to swallow at first) the surprise plot twist and I look forward if SM continues with any of the other characters.

I will say it is easier to handle the mythology, when it follows some rules of realism. But if all the realism is broken, it is VERY hard, in my opinion, to follow and get involved in a story. Unless the rules of the world are so clearly given at the beginning. I think for the most part, even with this major twist, it still follows the mythology enough - considering this was a surprise to all in the world. We were just as shocked as the characters were which I think helps it be more believable.

This is just a friendly note to remind those that are reading, this forum is an Adult only forum. If you are going to post, please be at least 18 years old to join in the discussion. Thanks!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Alcyone wrote:But we can expect a rational answer. And none provided so far really qualifies. We'll need to wait for Stephenie to answer us.
I never expect anything rational from this series.
When love is involved I do not think that rationality is ever really present. And if that isnt enough, we are talking about vampires here. A fictional love story about vampires, and werewolves to add to that. Stephenie's "world" is her own creation. She changed the "rules" of the vampires that we have come to know and accept. Gosh, I love her for that.
And I love how she has said, "Their fictional, I can do what I want!" I think that includes whatever made it possible for Edward and Bella to have Nessie. Although it is fun at times to try and figure out the exact way it all was made possible, it certainly doesn't matter. I was hooked from Twilight. If I didn't question Stephenie's story then, I sure as heck am not gonna question it now.
I do not know if any of you have seen this interview? It is really good. I could listen to Stephenie talk for hours.

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=5592579
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

I agree with una. SM has the complete right to change rules about the Twilight universe in any way she wants. I mean, she created it!!! But the fans also do have the right to an explanation for us to know how the heck Nessie came to be??!! I still stick to my theory that the whipped cream didn't expire. And I also think that maybe the venom in Edward's body works in mysterious ways that it didn't kill the whipped cream, and probably might not have been able to reach them because they were protected from the venom. Therefore, they whipped cream was safe from harm in a ummm....sealed container??? And the only way way out is through baking. I guess that makes sense to me :]

Hope <3
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Alcyone wrote:
Nena wrote:Everyone is entitled to theorize but we have to accept that we are not going to be able to get a scientifically correct explanation of Vampire/human mating. .. Why? Well, the answer is quite obvious.
True. But we can expect a rational answer. And none provided so far really qualifies. We'll need to wait for Stephenie to answer us.
I agree and disagree here. I agree that the mechanics of vampire mating are inconclusive and it would be nice to have Stephenie Meyer explain a little more about it. However, we can't expect her to give us anything. We can hope, but to expect an explanation of her fictional story is almost a demand.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Since the Gutter thread is our ADULT random haven, there's no better place for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dompotjTeIA

It's the Twilight Spoof Video, in case you haven't already seen it. SM has it on her myspace page, so I'm sure she wouldn't care if it was shown here as well. It's freaking hilarious!!!

I can't seem to remember how to embed the url text. I tried several ways.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

xhopeonaropex wrote:But the fans also do have the right to an explanation for us to know how the heck Nessie came to be??!! I still stick to my theory that the whipped cream didn't expire. And I also think that maybe the venom in Edward's body works in mysterious ways that it didn't kill the whipped cream, and probably might not have been able to reach them because they were protected from the venom. Therefore, they whipped cream was safe from harm in a ummm....sealed container???
See, my first assumption (that I still stick by) was that it was the venom that acted as the ... whipped cream. In all of the other places in a vamp's body that there should be some kind of ... fluid, like their eyes, their mouth their veins, VENOM takes the place of that fluid - It acts as blood, as eye goop, as saliva... so why shouldn't it be there where his whipped cream was once was?

I assumed from the first signs of Bell's pregnancy that the venom had.... (gosh, I don't know how to put this in a way that doesn't sound overtly naughty) uh, swam up to bella's 'cakepan' and started doing it's magic. We know venom has the power to heal, to work 'miracles', and so it follows that it may have the ability to create new life, when there is a human cakepan available to nourish & sustain the little nudger =)

This theory also makes sense of what SM has ALWAYS told us - that vampires-plural- (meaning two vampires, a male and female couple), can't get pregnant. The female vampire's ....uh, 'cakepan' has nothing inside of it for the male's uh....whipped creamish-venom to bond with. There's nothing alive in the girlyvamp's cakepan, so life can't begin.

However, when venom enters Bella's cakepan, there are living organs and hormones there for the whipped creamish-venom to bond to, and to make the process of life begin.

Does that make sense? I'm kind of fond of that theory. I've always assumed it.

On the other hand, does that mean that a female vampire can get impregnated by a male human? Probably not, since Kate and Tanya have had many human lovers who have lived.
Last edited by Tamalyn on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.