The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

receptionontv
Settled in Forks

Re: The Gutter Gals Thread--Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Post by receptionontv »

Do you think Renesmee smells bad to Jacob since she's half-vampire?
Actually My friends and I had a conversation about this yesterday.
Oh, And I'm new here everyone, sorry for just jumping in.
Since Carlisle seems to think her DNA might be closer to a werewolf (I can't come to call them shape shifters..) Maybe she has a completely different smell altogether. We went back and forth on this for about an hour... Either she smells bad, good, or nothing at all. I would guess she has a different smell, and that he might like it, since her DNA is more like his (Even with her vampire traits). I would also think that he would overcome this smell if he didn't like because of imprinting (Especially when things get intimate as they get older) . He seems to tolerate the vampires better now...

Now I don't know were I am going. So yeah. :D
Amb x3
Alice's Grandma
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's Grandma »

brunetterebel wrote:
I believe Alphie may have hit the nail on the head.
Given the topic of conversation, I found this statement very painful. OUCH :shock:

I can't imagine Renesme (sp?) smelling unpleasant to Jacob. The imprinting must negate that problem.

Hello receptionontv we must have cross posted - Welcome, good thought on the DNA count, it makes good sense!
Last edited by Alice's Grandma on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
receptionontv
Settled in Forks

Post by receptionontv »

Hello receptionontv - Welcome!
Hi, and thanks. I don't think people will remember, I'll try to put it in my signature or something, but you guys can call me Amb. I think I might be seen around HERE alot.
Amb x3
amontilado
Settled in Forks

Post by amontilado »

I think Nessie must smell good to Jacob, I can't imagine there being anything about her that doesn't appeal to him & create a desire to protect her.

And I agree with ouisa, reading about baking & seeing it in somebody's mind & actually experiencing it are completely different. I remember realising that after getting involved in a preheating session with my first boyfriend that it was much much harder than I thought to remember where I wanted [theoretically] to stop when all my body wanted to do was finish the recipe!

Edward say something about it in Twilight, that experiencing Love is so much more overwhelming than reading about it.
receptionontv
Settled in Forks

Post by receptionontv »

When you are simple gathering the ingredients you are in total control, but I feel the minute you've started to put them together it's harder to not get the finished pie (That sounds so wrong, and I know it's meant to....)

If I hadn't already experienced it in life I don't think I would have fully understood those scenes in the book and the way Bella felt when he was simple teasing her the the cookie dough.. and vice versa.
Amb x3
mlwl
Settled in Forks

Post by mlwl »

receptionontv wrote:When you are simple gathering the ingredients you are in total control, but I feel the minute you've started to put them together it's harder to not get the finished pie
Exactly! SO difficult, in fact, that while no one has much desire to eat straight flour or salt, once they're mixed together for cake batter, who can keep their hands off?? Not me!

As for the Renesmee question, I think she must smell just fine to Jacob. Once I read the imprinting thing IN the process, it's so much like McCaffrey's DragonRiders of Pern series' impressing... and the relationship between a dragon and his or her rider from that moment can be nothing but perfect adoration from that moment on. All faults are not faults any more. I'm sure it's the same - Renesmee smells good, even if other vamps don't, because she is Renesmee. :D

I used to be Nora pre-crash, but I was mainly a lurker.
StephenieSays... because she rocks all the time. Duh.
Wanna see MTV take me out of context? Whoohoo.
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Heart Song wrote:As for the hardness of things, I think that it is all relative. Obviously Edward's granite hard body if flexible or he wouldn't be able to get around very well. Humans perceive vampires as hard because they are so delicately fragile, much like a soap bubble is to us. IMO, one vampire to another is no different in softness than one human is to another.
Very good point, Heart Song! I agree, because one thing Bella noticed about Edward was that he wasn't cold to the touch anymore. He was.. normal. Because she was cold. So, when they're both vampires, I could totally see the way they feel each other being similar to two humans feeling each other. The disparing differences come when a vampire is with a human.

So I still want to know what it was like the first time in the kitchen. Cold? Or was the oven warm enough?

Random, side chaste note: I absolutely loved how awkward the walk-into-the-cabin-on-Isle-Esme scene was. It was so awkward, neither one knowing what to say as they stared at the bed, the air being warm, and Edward all nervous and awkward "I thought it' be easier..." and Bella all awkward and like "...er... yeah..." and then *awkward stares* I was giggling the while time. Fabulous, and it seemed very true to character.

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
receptionontv
Settled in Forks

Post by receptionontv »

So I still want to know what it was like the first time in the kitchen. Cold? Or was the oven warm enough?
For Bella it was probably amazing...no matter is i twas cold or not, well because of Edward mainly (And because it's a book and usually those things turn out good). And Even though she was bruised from head to toe she seemed satisfied, so her ingredients were perfectly measured. :lol:

**** I realized later I interpreted the question wrong... sorry.
Last edited by receptionontv on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amb x3
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

First, I feel like I'm having an identity crisis with the change in my avie. I haven't changed my avie for almost 6 months! :shock: Oh well! I need to be in a more Edward & Bella mindset here than a Ewan mindset. ;)

I think everyone's ideas about Jacob is Renesmee (I can't call her Nessie) are great. It makes sense to me; I was just wondering.

As far as the kitchen being cold the first time, wow! What would that have been like for either of them. First of all baking for the first time and having such opposite temperatures of each other. The finished recipe had to be very tasty! :twisted:
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

Alice's Grandma wrote:
brunetterebel wrote:
I believe Alphie may have hit the nail on the head.
Given the topic of conversation, I found this statement very painful. OUCH :shock:
!
Ouch! *cringe* I see what you mean. How thoughless of me. :oops:
I mean no harm. I hope no permanent damage was sustained

sidenote* someone said something about the dragon riders of pern I LOVED those books :)*end sidenote
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!