Black Dagger Brotherhood

deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post by deven »

^^^^thats probably wise...there are spoilers all over this thread.

how far along are you?
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I was in fanMNM place just a few weeks ago. I plan to read the whole board but I have not gone beyond page 10. fanMNM is right around starting V's book.

I just finished the IG. Some was informative, some left me questioning Ward's sanity. We've discussed this before. I have no intention of reading her contemporary romance and I plan to continue reading BDB, wherever it should take her.

I wonder, if the brothers lead her to the side of a bridge and said Jump... would she? She admits she does what they want her to do and she also has magical powers to into thiir fictional world and have a chat.

Starting Psy/Changling

Finished The Host and was dissapointed after that huge book. Good, HEA but flat.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

deven...I'm about to start V's book...just waiting for it to arrive!! :)

Ok, no more checking this thread for me until I've finished the last two books! :D

Thank you Naureen!!
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

hello ladies,

Just thought that I would check in overhear. I agree with Dragon-girl about the bonding. The brothers talk about how a bonded male acts and reacts to certain things. I don't think that it is a Brothers only thing. I think that it is a male thing. I believe that issue of bonding depends on people in the "relationship". Just like us we all have had boyfriends but we didn't marry all of them, just the special one. Does my take on this make sense?
My brian is mushy at the moment :lol:
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I agree that any male can bond, but I can see it happening more frequently with the Warriors as they are more intense. Sorry - I guess I wasn't super clear.

I have been faithfully checking the site. the WAREDen hasn't been on since (well, hasn't posted) since January 16th. There are a lot of cellies posting thoughts and theories, but I am not going to bog you down with them. I only want to report what is from the source. As soon as she posts some answers to some of the (many) questions - I'll fill you in.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Spooky - you didn't like the HOST? I was very pleasantly surprised that I really enjoyed it. Oh well. You will like P/C!!!

Kym: I agree that the bonding can occur for any male, but I got the impression that the bonding was more like "imprinting" from Twilight. That a bond only occurs when the female is "mine" from the males POV. Now that I'm writing this, I realized that this is how I view it: Bonding can occur with any couple, but only happens with one's "soul mate" Mating can occur between any two individuals, and you don't have to be bonded to mate. (Case in Point - Marissa and Wrath). You don't have to mate after bonding, but in all cases we've seen so far, that is what has happened. I'm thinking that bonding is maybe a one-time deal - or like in DH with the weres - you remain "bonded" to that individual until one of them dies? Hmm....
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Again! Another reason why I love Kenyon more! Kenyon's females if they reject a bonding can continue to have sex with whomever they want. Ward, who I think hates females, is very restrictive. Her females die or nearly die, are raped, barren, and have no rights. Booo! Someone please remind me why I still enjoy this series so much. I'm forgetting the reason.

Spooky: I agree with everything you have said regarding Ward's INTRUSION into her own books.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Someone please remind me why I still enjoy this series so much. I'm forgetting the reason.
Because the brothers are hot and demanding, gruff but sensitive and protective. Oh, and did I mention hot bodies in leather?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Hmm..nope...remind me some more...with passages. How about from page 400 something in Phury's book. ??
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

That's another thing I don't like in the books about the bonding - it seems to give very little thought to free will. Yeah, the females who end up with a bonded male seem perfectly happy with them, but to me it seems like it's a very forced thing. They just have this guy suddenly acting all possessive over them. I wouldn't want a man getting pissed off every time another guy so much as spoke to me.