Black Dagger Brotherhood

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post by fanMNM »

If Elhena was mentioned in Phury's book, I missed it...

and I so agree with you, cullengirl, about not wanting to read anymore baking scenes with the Princess!! I think I more "scanned" thru that scene in Phury's book because I didn't like the idea of Rehv being with her in the 1st place...although I am curious what it is Xhex did that put Rehv in this situtaion...and if Rehv is some sort of sympath royalty, how does he remain unnoticed? (I'm guessing we'll get answers to that in his book...I'm just thinking aloud...)

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Rehv has spent a lot of time, money and muscle making sure NO ONE knows about his sympath side, not even his sister. The only ones that know are Xhex, (I'm sure) his mother, and the moors. Remember, he even tampers with Haver's memory so he won't remember their discussion and he (Rehv) keeps the medical records.

Elhena was mentioned in Phury's book but you are not given her name. She was the nurse who took the gun from him. That tough woman is just the ticket for Rehv. I believe there is a WHOLE lot we are going to learn about the sympaths and I can see from the summary of the book, that Rehv's little secret won't be a secret for long.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

una wrote:The only ones that know are Xhex, (I'm sure) his mother, and the moors. Remember, he even tampers with Haver's memory so he won't remember their discussion and he (Rehv) keeps the medical records.

I'm not sure that his mother knows about his sympath side. I just can't see his mother knowing but not Bella. Unless he has the same mother (I know that his father and Bella's father are two different people). Z and Phury also know that he's a sympath. I bet Marissa (after he shows her his fantasy of feeding from her)and Wrath have an inkling that he has sympath blood in him.

There has been speculation that the Princess and Revhenge are related but I'm not entirely sure how that works. :? There are lots of questions and time between Phury's book and Revh's book. I can't wait to see what's been happening to the BDB world. Dare I say this... I actually want to read the lesser parts! :o :shock:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I got the impression that ALL of the Brothers know about Rehv's sympath side. It's been a while... But I'm pretty sure I remember Wrath discussing it with another Brother. And what about the scene in the alley behind his club where he uses his powers... I don't remember all that clearly, but I did get the impression that all the Brother's know about it.

I too really don't want to read more about Princess baking scenes, but I think it's going to be there. It reminds of something I was discussing with someone - Una probably... In the DH series, it was so refreshing NOT to read about the "evil/bad" baking - like Nick and Satara... But if it was WARD writing the books - we'd get every horrible detail of that.
fanMNM wrote:...but there is a place where Rehv wonders how Xhex controls her sympath side, so it is clear that they have never discussed how Xhex controls her evil side. Xhex does know about Rehv's dopamine habit so why would she keep her secret while knowing all about Rehv?
Playing Devil's Advocate here... Maybe he does know what she does but wonders how/why it works for her. I'm just going on what you wrote here and not reading the book for exact quote. I could be way off base.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

UNA...i thought that xhex and Jm had different HEAs??? i like both characters but i dont really like them together...hmmm..?

and..i have a question...bella boviaously doesnt know about rehv being half sympath...but if bella and rehv are brtoher and sister then how come bella isnt have sympath????
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Bella and Rehv have different fathers...Rehv thinks about how he killed Bella's father (and he refers to the guy as Bella's father and not his own) so I think they have the same mother but not the same father...at least, that was my take on the whole thing.

And I hate that, but I can't find where or in what book the reference where Rehv wonders how Xhex controls the sympath side of herself so I can't exactly quote it. You may be right, twilightmom, it may be that he wonders how the pain works for her, I didn't read it that way the first time but it's definitely another way to look at it. I'll have to keep trying to find the reference.

My issue with Xhex is, I can't imagine her really. The way Ward describes her, she is super unattractive to me and so I have a hard time imagining JM attracted to her. Maybe once I learn more about her I'll be able to picture her more clearly, but right now I can't help but see her as one of those super beefed up women who isn't feminine AT ALL. I dunno...

Thank you Naureen!!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

I've always pictured xHex as sort of a more manly but still pretty woman. Like Pink http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/3998 ... 2_pink.jpg

Pink has freaking Hip dents but she is wicked hot! but a tough cookie. thats soooo xHex to me.

I just had to Chime in with that.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Lynzeee...thank you for that! Seriously, it helped a lot! I can see what you mean about Xhex resembling Pink. I think I'll be able to see her in a more feminine (yet tough) light now. Don't know why that never came to mind, but it's fantastic that you brought it up!

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Lynzeee thanks for the picture and Pink reference. Every time I imagine Xhex I think of Iman or the blond evil chick from Beverly Hills Cop (2 - I think). Who is now, WAY too old to be her. Pink is PERFECT! I tend to think of Xhex (right or wrong) as a blond. Is that right?

Unless Rehv isn't 1/2 and 1/2, I would think his mother knows he is a sympath unless he was adopted. This I doubt because his mother shows as much love and affection to him as his sister. I think he and Bella are 1/2 siblings and his mother knows - how could you not recognize baking with a full sympath....I am interested in finding out though.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

Rhev's mum does know. The warden says it on the forum somewhere. (I'm a bit of a Rhev geek.)

Having just spent ages looking for one post, and not finding it, I'm stopping now. But if I'm on the boards later, I'll look again for that post.

Una - Xhex has dark hair, I'm afraid.