Black Dagger Brotherhood

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post by una »

Yup - Butch's tat represents each year he has lived past his sister's death.

Rhage and V fed from other vampire females they knew. Rhage was the first (after meeting Mary) to go back to using the Chosen for feeding. Z drank from humans, V has those select females that were willing to dominated, Wrath had Marissa (and vice versa) until he met Beth, Phury had a few females that allowed him to feed but knew and respected his celibacy. I have no idea about Darrius - but I assume, like Rhage and Phury he had an agreement or set-up with other females.

JM was feeding from Layla, but what about Blay and Qhuinn now that they are living in the compound. Do they feed from the Chosen? Would Phury let them (especially Qhuinn) since he wants to control who lays with them?

When a female is in needing she needs the male to release in her. I remember vaguely that a male could use an apron while baking to prevent a bun in the oven while still quenching the fires of the oven. I hope that makes sense! I'm sure that is what Tohr and Wellsie did before they decided to have young. That or can a female take hormones to prevent pregnancy during needing?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

Hello, Ladies. I just wanted to pop in a say that I am reading the books now. I made to book 3 and B&N didn't have any beyond that, so I ordered 4, 5, 6 and insiders guide. They should be here by the middle of next week. I didn't read any of the pages...I want to read the books first. I have to say when I read Dark Lover and we see all the brothers...there was something about Z. And then when I got to his book...I just knew I was right....
at the end when he fainted...I was crying and laughing and my hubby just looks at me and shakes his head. I know I still have 3 more books to go, but Z is the one that I want.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Thanks on the info about the tat. It dawned on me after his sister was discussed. Man, that's just so sad!
una wrote: I have no idea about Darrius - but I assume, like Rhage and Phury he had an agreement or set-up with other females.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Darius hook up with a human with red hair? So he's got to have fed from a Chosen, right? As for Blay and Qhuinn, I think they also get fed from the Chosen. Man, those Chosen are sure are busy. Wouldn't mind being one of them either. :twisted:
When a female is in needing she needs the male to release in her. I remember vaguely that a male could use an apron while baking to prevent a bun in the oven while still quenching the fires of the oven. I hope that makes sense! I'm sure that is what Tohr and Wellsie did before they decided to have young. That or can a female take hormones to prevent pregnancy during needing?
I remember someone's book and I can't remember who kinda touched on this. Maybe it was Rhage's book. But one Brother said he can sense if the female is ovulating and therefore would pass her up in fear of the bun in the oven.

Speaking of Rhage, do you ladies think he would take a Chosen to conceive a child? My guess would be no since he's already got a shellan. I would think they would adopt or come up with a solution.

I had another question, of all the male vampires, why did Marissa choose Revhenge? What does tahlly mean? Rev keeps saying it and it's not in the glossary. And a no brainer: I thought V's nightmare in Butch's book was foreshadowing Jane getting shot. Am I right?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Isabella Cullen
Settled in Forks
Location: Stumbling, lost and alone...waiting for him to find me

Post by Isabella Cullen »

I can only speculate here, but I think the main reason was because she was friends with him because of the Glymera and the Princep's Council. And you know how protective by nature Rehvenge is. ;)

And "tahlly" loosely translates to "darling" as a term of endearment.

Hope that helps!
That "Bella girl" no one remembers...

Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

Speaking of Rhage, do you ladies think he would take a Chosen to conceive a child? My guess would be no since he's already got a shellan. I would think they would adopt or come up with a solution.
On the JR and Brothers chat the other night Rhage said he "would never lay with another". (I think his exact words were that he would castrate himself before he would lay with another...) He said that he hopes Doc Jane and Havers can work towards some solution for them in the future.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Teak wrote:On the JR and Brothers chat the other night Rhage said he "would never lay with another". (I think his exact words were that he would castrate himself before he would lay with another...) He said that he hopes Doc Jane and Havers can work towards some solution for them in the future.
Teak, you give me some small bit of hope. I think that if Mary asked him, he would do it. Ward would totally go there. She's known for messing with the hard and fast rules of the romance genre. I don't see Rhage being able to deny Mary if she wanted his baby that badly. I'm not sure she could go 18 months of someone else carrying that baby. Rhage said any of his children would born in his world and he would love thier mother. That means he might take a second shellan and that thought makes me cringe too. As far as IVF, Mary has no viable eggs, at least that's what we are led to believe by the SV when it's confirmed that she's infertile. We already know she has a comfort level with Layla and if you can call it foreshadowing, Mary specifically makes the point in Rhage's book the first time she sees Layla that they would have incredibly beautiful children together.
Last edited by nissanmama on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

I really hope that Hollywood and Mary find another solution. We know that a male can have two shellans, but is there a restriction as to when that rule is applied? My first thought was that the rule is allowed only when a hellern's shellan dies (i.e. Tohr or Havers). I just can't see anyone (hellern or shellan) be happy with having another person in their bonding.

Interesting enough, I got to thinking about Payne and her entrance to the BDB. Will it still be called a "Brotherhood" if she joins?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

cullengirl wrote:Interesting enough, I got to thinking about Payne and her entrance to the BDB. Will it still be called a "Brotherhood" if she joins?
I can see her and Xhex starting their own sisterhood.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Cool idea, N'mama! But is Xhex allowed in the Brotherhood even though she's a sympath? That was my question for Revh too. Considering his name is Lover Ahvenged, I'm thinking he will also be a Brother. Hmm...maybe not.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I've been having the same discussion with my book buddy (whom I bit with BDB, MB and P/C). She and I both agree that Rehv will most likely not be a brother because of his sympath nature - Wrath is too prejudiced and I can understand. He feels you cannot trust a sympath because their nature is so overpowering, even if only half-sympath. Just look at how much Xhex and Rehv struggle to be "normal." I think there will be an alliance between Wrath and Rehv that will start out shaky but strengthen in time. Maybe years in the future Rehv will be a brother, but not any time soon. Currently he is the Leadhrye of the Glymeria and having an ally in that (!@#$@#!@ group) err, messed up group is going to do nothing but help Wrath. Because of Bella, Wrath and Rehv will have to find a common ground and build a relationship of trust when Wrath finds out Rehv's been hiding his sympath nature all these years. The great question - Will Bella ever find out? And how will she react?

The WARDen said that if (when) Payne is inducted to the Brotherhood, they will call her Brother because it is a brotherhood. The Chosen are the "sisterhood" if you really look at it. The boys born of a Warrior & Chosen can become a Brother while the girls can become Chosen. There is one Sisterhood and one Brotherhood. Again, because of the above, Xhex won't be a Brother. However, I can see the Brothers slowly allowing women to be possible soldiers, but the problem is, so many women die due to child birth, the males are VERY protective of females since they are the only means of continuing the race. Payne will really be a trailblazer if she is inducted because they are risking a female that could possible bring more young to the race. At this moment, they have suffered severe losses in population (with the eradication of not just the Glymeria but their families).

In the Insider's Guide they talk about a surrogate. I agree with Nima that Rhage will do what ever Mary asks. She is strong enough, and if it was Layla, I think she'd be okay with her carrying her child, especially once the baby is born. They have spent enough time "feeding" Rhage that she must feel comfortable with her. Mary is infertile, she has no viable eggs and I do not believe she is capable of even carrying a child. And I can't see Rhage risking her after all she has been through already. I can definitely see them adopting a child that was a victim of the slaughtering of the Glymeria or is lost, etc. I cannot see Rhage taking another mate. It is possible for males to have more than one mate, but if it is a Warrior male and he is bonded to a female, he will not take on another mate (I remember reading this somewhere - they just aren't capable). Bonded males have only one female - Mary's name is on his back and she owns him. Which is why I can see her making him lay with Layla. Mary is too possessive to share him with another female permanently (even for young).
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!