Black Dagger Brotherhood

cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post by cullengirl »

LadyDi wrote: Hey, I just realized - remember that Lash (aka the new ultimate enemy in BDB land) was adopted? His family took him in and it turns out his biological father was the Omega.
Yes, Lash was technically adopted. At least that's what the Omega had planned- to infiltrate the glymera and SV's plans. I wonder if Rhage has a kid he doesn't know about..considering his uncontrolled desire of baked goods before Mary came along. I don't see why having a kid is important to the Mary and Rhage storyline unless Marissa wants one too. We know that in the future, Cormia and Phury have a kid.

Re: Lassiter- I have no idea. I also was puzzled as to who V was referring to as Lassiter's female and her being lost.

I had another thought..Wrath mentions in Butch's book (and I think in Phury's too but not sure) that they need to broaden the rules of being a Brother. All of the books with "Lover" in the title have been a Brother, so can Rev be a Bro with some benefits? I don't see Payne and Xhex staying on the sideline. Those ladies are a force to reckon with and I doubt they would stay put.

Speaking of Rev, why does he need the club and how the heck does his family not know? My impression was that his family are well off and don't need the money. Or was the club help support his family?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

cullengirl wrote:I wonder if Rhage has a kid he doesn't know about..considering his uncontrolled desire of baked goods before Mary came along. I don't see why having a kid is important to the Mary and Rhage storyline ...Speaking of Rev, why does he need the club and how the heck does his family not know? My impression was that his family are well off and don't need the money. Or was the club help support his family?
Rhage said he didn't sleep with anyone human who was fertile, he could smell it. He would certainly know if a vampire was in her needing. So no, I don't think Rhage has any kids out there we don't know about. (That doesn't mean Ward isn't beyond manufacturing one.) I think it's important to their storyline because Mary wants one so badly. She spent her mortal life as a teacher and therapist. She has that desire and nurturing instinct. I realize she's working at Safe House, but I wonder if she won't open up some kind of school?

Rev is in charge of the family finances and I suspect from what we've seen of his mother and Bella, there is a "don't ask, don't tell" policy going on. We don't know why Rev went into the club as a business to begin with except it might have been easy money and a place to more easily hide (or indulge?) his sympath side. Rev and Bella have different fathers and their mother seems to have been an x-chosen or priestess or something. I'm really interested to see what we learn in Rev's book.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Nima I get the same impression from Rehv. Plus, they live a lavish lifestyle, they are part of the Glymeria, so they must spend loads of money (remember the descriptions of Marissa's gowns and jewels). With Bella's father gone, it is Rehv's job as the eldest male to care for them (not for Bella now that she is mated) so I'm sure he started the club to earn revenue and to help cover and build his "side" businesses. It seems his businesses are fairly lucrative and obviously keeps the house, mother, and Rehv himself living a very wealthy/comfortable life even though his reality is far from it. In the more old fashioned/glymeria type homes, I'm sure females do not pry into the male's business - especially if he is taking good care of them.

I think the Mary and Rhage having a child is important. I think about what children may have been orphaned from Lash's attack on the gylmeria families (like what happened to Wrath). There might be children out there abandoned, needing a good home. Plus, Mary has that nurturing nature and the burden of being infertile must tear her up (especially like she says, being with a male who's genes should be passed on). It also adds another dimension to their relationship and a bit of continuing conflict. I see it as there is a HEA, but not all HEAs are perfect, there is still the reality-esque factor... Look at the novella of Z and Bella... I like having that HEA tempered a bit, especially after the fact. So we have the Cinderella ending, but the reality is what continues on. I hope that made sense! :?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

*I'm not peeking*

I saw Una posted and without thinking, I clicked here. Where's that guide, Una? Just kidding.

Nima: I think I"m gonna mail the DH books to you much sooner than I planned. It will take me a while to read SVM, and tehre's no sense in making you wait for no reason. I'll try to send them out by Friday.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

N'mama and Una- Now I can see where you ladies are going and it does make sense. It's not very far off from Mary's character and besides who wouldn't love Hollywood as their father?

Rev book will be interesting considering we know next to nothing about the sympath culture. Any one else wondering what kind of pact Xhex and Rev have that makes Rev go to the Princess. *shudder*
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Pay It Forward was on TV this morning and as I watched it, I realized there was a Wrath there. I recently re-read Dark Lover and Beth describes Wrath as gorgeous, his eyes as beautiful. It seems that gets overshadowed by his size and menacing presence or dismissed with Hollywood and Z around. Anyway one of the characters in Pay It Forward had the kindest eyes. I realized it was the same guy who played Edmund Dantes (The name Edward rears it's head again in swoony fictional characters!) in The Count of Monte Cristo and Christ in The Passion of the Christ. Naturally I had to look him up. Is he a Wrath? (Where's CherryKnots when you need an authoritative Wrath opinion?)

Strong Jaw
Menacing look
With weapons
Great eyes
long hair
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

hey, i haven't read this series therefore didn't read anything on this thread for the sake of not being spoiled.
but would someone be really nice and tell me what they are about? i really like the name and i've heard people say that its really good, and i think i might read them if it sounds interesting. :)
randomness bum<3
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

BDB is the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J R Ward. It is a vampire romance series that is very....steamy :oops: . Although the writing lacks a bit to be desired the characters and mythology is compelling. If you don't mind the net-speak, cussing and spelling and grammar errors (they do improve from book to book: the grammar and spelling not the net-speak and cussing), I'd recommend it. Here is a link to J R Ward's site so you can read about the series, read some excerpts and such to see if it is your cup of tea.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

thanks una!
i read part of the excerpt..at first i didn't know what you meant abot net-speak, but i see now.
it seems pretty interesting..i'll probably end up reading them :)
thanks, again.
randomness bum<3
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

nissanmama wrote: Anyway one of the characters in Pay It Forward had the kindest eyes. I realized it was the same guy who played Edmund Dantes (The name Edward rears it's head again in swoony fictional characters!) in The Count of Monte Cristo and Christ in The Passion of the Christ. Naturally I had to look him up. Is he a Wrath? (Where's CherryKnots when you need an authoritative Wrath opinion?)
Oh yeah! I forgot about Jim Cavezel (sp?).I have a literary crush on Edmund Dantes. I loved J.C. in the movie adaptation. Seeing Henry Cavill, who I didn't know before, was also a bonus treat.