Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by Cymbrelynn »

So, good news! I got a job! It's a big girl city job and my first "real" one so hooray! It's with a young, hip company and I get to wear sneakers and jeans to work! I'm real excited. I want to thank all of you guys for giving me lots of encouragement before I disappeared to hunker down on the job search. It was rough out there but now that I am definitely employed you will be seeing my friendly face a lot more, I promise! (Special thanks to Jasmine and Sam who congratulated me on fb :) )

AND after my very successful interview yesterday I decided to treat myself to some Lush since I was in the vicinity. I was on such a high I was so happy. My mood was contagious and I managed to practically talk my way into a part time job at Lush. The store girls and I were having a wonderful time chatting it up and laughing. They told me to definitely, definitely drop off my cover letter and resume. So look at that. I went from having no job to maybe having two! Crazy! And I would love to work at Lush. Everything is just going right for me. I'm so happy.

So, how am I going to celebrate? My drinking wine and watching Role Models on DVD with my parents! Haha. AND tomorrow I can buy Twilight! I'm so happy I got a job in time for the movie to come out. Yes!! It's like my birthday has come early :D
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Ok, to everyone:
Hi! I'm Ninna. I live in Finland. I'm married, 25 years old and addicted to Twilight....
I used to be quite the regular (and rule-breaker) her eon the lex, back in the days...
just in case you forgot about me...

Sami - LOVE the banner!!!

Kym - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I knew you could do it!!!

I thought to myself, gen Y have been quite cool lately, there will be no problem catching up the stuff you missed since Monday... HA! 7 pages of novel posts! I'm really sorry guys, but no way. I can't do that.

Still fighting my exhaustion, not really a wining battle, but I'm not stubborn for nothing.

I had a minor Bella-moment last Tuesday... I train bootcamp (part aerobics, part crawling on the floor being shouted at) once a week and we were doing relay runs in pairs... 1st we were supposed to run, clap and second person run, across the gym. When second person reached the wall, he/she was supposed to run backwards. I was second. I did as instructed. In the middle of the gym... BAM! head on (... ehrm, back-head on more like it) I collided with my partner who was also running backwards... She had gotten the instructions wrong, and the coach had looked away, not realizing what was going on... She was a bit taller than me, so I hit the thickest part of my back-head, but she got slammed right under the edge, in that soft spot you know. I was fine, just some light headache, but the other lady... her eyes didn't go where she intended them to, and after we got her to first sit down, and then lay down, she admitted to seeing stars... Good thing they had ice-packs close by!
So, thick-headedness can be very useful!

I'll see you lot on FB or MSN, because I don't think I will be able to keep up with gen Y right now... So many nights I come home from work, fall asleep, getting woke up to eat dinner, go to practice (or try to do internet) and then have to go to sleep just around 10PM because I can't stay awake anymore...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@cymbrelyn,, congrats again, and awesome how theysorta offered you a job at lush aswell. Things are looking good for you! What did you buy at lush?

@Ninna, how could we ever forget you?
Im sorry you are feeling so worn out. Maybe an extra couple of hours of sleep will work? Or we shouls send some Lush to you to help you relax some more? I hope youll be feeling better soon.

About the bella moment: damn you must have been running pretty fast. Hope shes ok, and hope your headache is gone by now.

I trashed my whole batroom and out of nowhere my fav nosering was laying in front of me on the floor, so yeay, im complete again :)
And the girl with the lippy dress accepted my bid. Now all we have to do is wait and see if the bank or the postal service service dont screw up.
Ow, and the other lippy dress i was bidding on is starting to rise, hope noone outbids me, because i would love to have it. Oh well, ill search ebay some more, havent don that for a while and missed getting bargains on there.
Just one more day and we will know if i have the gorgeous dress.
Hubs and me will be going to the city tomorrow, just to get our mind off things. I still have a H&M giftcard my boss gave me for xmas, so im gonna spend that one, hopefully. its always fun shopping, if its not your own money, haha.
anyway, have a great weekend everyone!

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Quick hi before heading off into catatonic state lol. Treatment went really freaking well today. Doc seeing massive improvements so it looks like old Obie will in fact be an old Obie one day still posting on the lex.

Hubs took me shopping (gasp....i know....hubs---taking you shopping you say? He does it right before treatments to make me feel better...bad thing is no matter how ugly the thing I put on is, he never says it is, so I sometimes end up with crappiness) and I got one of those dresses from Old Navy that they keep cramming down my throat. I got a short denim jacket because I read in Allure it's a must have for the season (although why the hell I'd want to wear denim jacket in Texas summers I do not know) and I got Shanna a Twilight baseball T from Hot Topic....and one for myself too. I'm sad though----I don't know if it'll fit, but she loves baseball style Tshirts, and it's the whole Twilight thing, so I wanted her to have it. It fits me fine and it's the largest they had (2x), but Hot Topic sizes are sort of small for the Twilight stuff for some reason---the guy at the counter says they are actually all junior sizes. Awesome. I'm a 2x JUNIOR. My boobs are really. If it weren't for those puppies I'd be sort of normal, but then I wouldn't get free drinks from old freaky men (hubs). So I'll keep the receipt just in case it doesn't fit her and I'll go with her to return it.

My kid is sleeping and I'm about to do the same. It's only 5:30 but the chemo makes me feel woozy. Plus i have to take more meds now. And I have to get up early to go get my twilight dvd.

I'll miss you guys and hope everyone enjoys the Twilight weekend. I swear to God if any one of you so much as touches Jackson R you'll be drawing back a bloody stump. Wait...that's just the meds talking....or is it?

ps...still no GQ with Ed on the front yet around here!

Love and guts,
Obie!
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Uh, I just skimmed about ten pages (jeez! have I really been idling that long??) of wonderful lexing but I'm too tired to consentrade... Also the reason why this post is probably gonna give a very bad first impression of me to the newbies... :roll: Bare with me, I just had the feeling I absolutely HAVE TO check up on you guys and of course I can never be able to NOT-post something in response. So here's my midnight post.. it is midnight here...

So, newbies.. I'm Maria but prefer to be called Cappu since I've never had a nickname and I like this one. :D I'm 27 and living in sin. :twisted: I was born in the heart of Lapland; in the tiniest town ever (atleast it felt like it!), that's located in the biggest county of Finland (true). I'm not a poet but I love to say "I come from the land of a thousand lakes and grew up gazing at the northern lights." 8-) OK, I'm rambling.. I have a common-law hubby and three kids. My little princess/drama queen (really is a drama queen now: she joined a drama club!) is 7, and my wild boys are 4 and 2. I might mention the boys as "pups" in my posts. A nickname that Ninna/Wingtear gave them for being so wild and wolfy. They love to wrestle, bite and lick things and people, they're stronger than one would think.. Oh yeah, and they love it when I scratch their bellies. I mean tickle. :lol: What else is there about me. I'm sure nothing interesting....

Obie
, I did skim the pages but a few of your posts were just so capturing I had to read them thru. :D You're so hilarious and so obviously born to be a lexling! =) Your hubs sounds like fun to be living with. Mine is very much into graphic novels too(plus xbox360..). I've read some Marvel comics thanks to him.. and one ex.. He has never read a REAL book, I'm pretty sure he even managed to duck that one in school too. He can not understand that I use time to read books. He conciders it a waist of time and makes fights out of it. So see, you're very lucky your hubs is so cool with books. Especially Twilight. My hub goes absolutely insane when he sees me with a Twilight book. He can't understand that I want to read them again. Last fall when I was reading the books for the first time, one night he woke up to go to the bathroom and stared at me like a hungry Edward and said "OVER A BOOK???!!!" It was 3am. :lol:

Oh, I don't think this is going well. :lol: Giving a bad impression of myself and even worse of my hubs. *whistles* OK, I should go to bed now.. But I'm hungry.. There was so many things I meant to write about but my head feels like cheese.. full of holes.. Good night all my dear lexlings. I'll see if I'll have better luck posting next time. :roll:
Last edited by CappuGirl on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Hello to everybody here! It's the 21st here now so I guess right now maybe some of you are doing some Twilight release parties right, so good luck with that! :)

anyweiz, regarding the release here. I think there's some problems with the DVD itself. An audio commentary is missing and some parts of the "The Adventure Begins" are missing. It supposedly 7 parts right but my friend only got one! That is NO WAY! My friend freaked out because of that. We might call the distributor and ask why there are glitches on the DVD. GOOD THING! I never bought one yet since I got a call from her earlier and told me the disaster. So I might wait, this has to be perfect, they have to stitch the glitches. I'm following some threads of a local twilight forum and they're all whining. Now I'm still stuck with the DVD rip that I downloaded (sshh..i know it's bad to do some torrent thing but it's Twilight!)

NOW I'm confused! have to wait for the distributor to release again or order thru Amazon?

That's it for me! I'm here all day all night so yeah I could keep up with everybody. Hi to my lexlings!Maria, Ninna, Janny, Misty, Ana, Rach, Megs, Lies, Tabs, Sonia, Paula Kim (CONGRATULATIONS for the new job!), Becca, Sami, Kiella (Where are you?), SarahG, Sarah, Kes, Buffygrl, Ally, Amber, Cody, Pharmer, Eddie, Holly (welcome back!), Malu (yay it's been a long time since I saw you here), OBIE! (hello there! Philippines is in Southeast Asia, neighbors are Singapore and Thailand, hope you could come here soon, and oh good luck with the treatment going on), Lily and Cat (where are they, busy I guess) I hope I don't forgot one..and oh the Gen Y's getting bigger! great!
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Hey guys!
Go here to see awesome NEW MOON EYES!!!!
Watch the video!
http://www.bordersmedia.com/twilight/

CYMB~ AWESOMENESS!!! Glad to hear about your new job!

Obie! Glad your Dr.s Visit went well!!! *BIG HUGS!*

Janny! YAY! You found your nose ring!!

I was just told my pre-ordered Twilight won't be here Sat...stupid amazon...still hoping it'll end up here tho since it shipped yesterday!

Gotta run!

NINNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa *reaches out to her wolf-girl dragon-friend she hasn't seen in ages!*
DHSHolly

Post by DHSHolly »

Misty: I ordered from amazon as well. Since they can't guarantee saturday delivery they are giving everyone who ordered the dvd a free digital rental. I think tha'ts kind of cool. I have a tivo so I can download and watch it on my tivo.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Lookie lookie! Ninna's posting again....

Just had to, watched the video in Misty's link, and since I don't have much of a line... :roll: the video kept freezing up on me, it cut Kristen off so it sounded like she said "now go hump..." and I laughed myself to tears... Tu tu tu... and she's supposed to be a teen movie star...

Now I'm off to search some wolf-pack pic's for the lexily photo-gallery, there is way too many leeches there...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Nocturnal Lure

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Good morning to you all!

Obiee and Jasmine I think I am perfectly able of deciding when and with who I want to breed, and after posting those (very few) negative sides of my persona, it might be some time before there is another "practise session" Jasmine. However Obiee thank you for the compliment, the male ego needs a copmliment every now and then.

Obiee it's good to hear of your progress, I am very happy to hear that. BTW, my god woman you have some talent for humor, please keep posting as much as possible and maybe I'll give you a link to my "special photo's" one day... ;)

Breeding On kids, I 've seen the topic come by a few times. I have a ten year old boy Merlijn and that will do. If I could have planned ahead better even he would not have been here. Though I feel I am not a bad father persé, I am not the type to have kids. I want to behave irresponsably when I wish, I'm weird that way.

cantbreathe I am a die hard gamer, though I do have a thing for horror games, I have never been a fan of the resident evil games till res evil 4, I was however immediately hooked on the res evil movies, I have this weird zombie fascination. When I first played the res evil 5 demo I was blown away, graphics are awesome, gameplay is great, but what struck me was the placing of the story line... a zombie attack in the burning African heat. Original and an all new kind of scary. SO after reading some previews stating how good it was I just had to have it.
The innosence in the book itself is not even really what bothered me, the way it is forced in the story, like a parent making up things to keep their kids believing in Santa Clause was what got to me, but maybe thats just because it simply is a book written for a younger audience. The ending is something I will never have peace with, SM will just have to write me more books *stomps foot*.

Lastly a word on marriage This is where my romantic side wins it gainst my "wild, independant and irresponsable" side. To be able to put effort in the fact, to be able to show the world "these two people are now one" to officially commit to that one person to me is such a wonderfully romantic thing. Though I may regret the specific person...posting about my snoring...tsk... I will never regret getting married ( I was joking about the person part hun...) Our relationship has become a stronger bond since then, don't ask me how, it hust has, ask Jasmine.

That's it for now, I am going to wake up Jasmine so we can do some shopping...I have a need to buy stuff...any stuff really.