EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #5

Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #5

Post by Pandancer »

Hii everyone! Man, after looking at all of the unfamiliar faces on the member's list and elsewhere, I realized that there are so many new members lately, and I haven't even been posting that much. Everyone probably forgot who I am by now. :roll: Haha, my bad. Oh, well.
For those who don't know, I'm Bri, or Pandancer. Whatever is less confusing for you, since I share a name with another EDC member on here. -Waves like an idiot- :P

You know guys, I'm a little worried. This may be our slowest thread yet.. :shock:

In other news: There's going to be a Twilight Mafia Party? Awesome. I've only checked out the Mafia threads a few times, but they seem pretty neat. I'm not entirely sure I can make it, but I sure hope so. ^^ It looks like most of the EDC and the Army are going, so it should be pretty fun.
I was a little bummed to see that you can't represent two teams. Making me pick between my crew and my army? How horrible. :shock: Especially when a lot of us are both in construction and a soldier. xD But it says to go with wherever your rank is higher, so I suppose that makes the decision for me. I'm sorry, girls! (And guys, maybe? I've lost track xD) But no worries, because I obviously won't go traitor on you. ^^; You know I'm still a Emmett follower.
(Also, I love how the invitation warns us all so many times. :lol: Especially the demolishing houses part.)

So back to the main subject here, being Emmett himself. . .

At what point did you fall in love with Emmett? Was it a specific point in one of the books or his personality in general that you liked or was there something else that triggered it?

This may sound odd, but I think I actually liked Emmett before even reading the books. xD For those who don't know, my sister was the one who managed to find them at the library first, so she read Twilight before I did, and basically begged me to read it right after. She told me I'd obviously love Edward, but that I'd probably like Emmett, as well, and explained what he was like in the books, which was... Awesome, for lack of a better word. I say 'Awesome' too much, sorry. xD
But yeah, his personality in general just made me love his character from the beginning, especially his humor. If it wasn't for him and - I can't believe I'm going to say this, but - Jake... -Shudders- It probably would have taken me a much longer time to finish Breaking Dawn. Just like, as much as I love Eclipse, if it wasn't for Alice and Jasper's story, it probably would have taken me a few more hours to finish it, at least. No matter how great the story is, I'm a slow reader, unless something specific interests me enough. Usually a character or a certain chapter. ^^;

What do you think goes in Emmett's mind? Is he thoughtful, imaginative, a planner, logical?

Ah, I love this question. <3 Props to you!
This is actually really hard for me to answer, though, since it's so hard getting into the head of somebody else's characters, especially one so care free. But I honestly think it just depends on the situation. When he's with the family, especially Jasper and Bella, and maybe even Edward, I assume he's much more playful and imaginative. Thinking up jokes, new bets, ways to beat them at whatever sport they're playing next, or how to get Edward out of his head while he prepares for another fight. Maybe even how to beat Bella at another arm-wrestling match. xD But I agree, Emmett is intelligent, so while I don't think he's often the 'logical' kind of vampire who plans ahead, I do think he knows HOW to be one, and when to be one in bad situations, such as when the Volturi came after Renesmee was born. Overall, I would leave the logic and the planning to both Carlisle and Edward, as they're normally the 'head of the household' in that area, I guess you could say. Am I making any sense at all, here? Sorry again! xD
I also agree about the PG13++ thoughts. :lol:

On a more off-topic conversation: Syd, I'm loving the outfits! Haha. xD I may not be dressing up for EDC THIS time around, but.. If you go with those outfits, is there any way you can set one on the side for me? I'm digging the hoodie, the hat, the guitar and the 'transportation', especially. I'd probably wear the hat and hoodie in real life, actually. :3
The camoflauge jumper somehow reminded me of Mario, but that makes it all the better. =P

Okay, I'll shut up now. I hope this makes up for any lost posts lately. ^^; Happy April Fools Day, guys!
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Yay! Promotion! okay. I think I'm done with that now.

Why do you think Emmett teases Bella so much?
It's his way of showing love. He does it to Edward too. He's constantly teasing and I think that he's not good with being emotional and all lovey dovey so he does the one thing he's good at. That just happens to be teasing and picking on people, and being funny.

Who do you think is Emmett's favorite partner to go hunting with?
Before Bella was transformed, I'd have to say Edward. They are best buds. It's a little brother/big brother thing. It gives them time to be just them. After Bella was transformed, I would imagine it to be Bella. It gives him something to laugh at because she's so messy. But it also helps them bond even more than before. :-)

Stupid crickets.
*puts on flame retardant clothes, picks up flame thrower, goes to work on demolishing the crickets*
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

*Sticks her head in*
Howdy all!
Wow..Over a week and a half gone and only 6 or so pages..Not terribly good..But i haven't been in so it clearly isn't as good..

But noone is seeming to be missing me or Shannon..Or Sierra..Or Kat..(Cam & Mez & Carrie & I think I saw Heather somewhere - you're all still here)..My most awesome Chickies who I haven't spoken to in AGES!
That reminds me I should email Kat and Cam back..The emails are still sitting in my inbox marked as unread to remind me but I've been so busy! Since my ski camp I haven't had one weekend at home..Now the easter holidays and on Saturday I'm doing a day trip to a fun park in Italy with girls form school, then Salzburg for the week with m host grandparents thent here for easter, then trying to get to Vienna on teh 13th/14th April to meet up witht Germany Exchange Students Europe Tour group..Vair vair busy!

But once again I don't have timeto answer questions, and Shannon wouldn't dare attack me with the Ruler because she is aware of my Ambassadorial Duties and how that equates to No Time, and I just wanted to poke my head in so noone forgot that I do exist, and to show you that i am still alive - That I haven't dropped off the face of teh earth or been eaten by some evil Austrian animal, and just letting you know - Shannon is still alive too..Not too sure about the other MIA-ers..

So till I have more time!

Ciao!
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Hi everyone!

I'm back again ... wow. I amazed myself! :lol:

Happy April Fool's! Nice joke with the Kaleb thread ... scared me for a bit. :D

Hi Elise! It seems like you've been gone for longer. :cry: We are going a bit slow ...

What do you think goes in Emmett's mind? Is he thoughtful, imaginative, a planner, logical?
I'll answer my question now.
I think it would depend on the situation, or his mood. If it was in a dangerous situation, like with the volturi coming, his brain would go to 'protect/attack' mode, and he'd be thinking fas, being rash and thinking of strageties. If it was in a normal relaxed situation, like with his family or Bella, I think his vampire brain would be able to handle thinking and understanding more than we can, so he could be following the conversation, while thinking, if that makes sense. I think he could be quite imaginative, and 'keep himself company' in his mind. He is a social person, but I think he could 'entertain' himself with his imagination. And also I agree about some PG13 thoughts about Rose.

~ Jenni
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, KAT!!!!

*runs into wreck hall, looking for crew members*
*Gosh Darn, this place is empty! Where is everyone?*
*Walks back to office with head hung low*
*Darn it, I missed Elise & Bri! Oh Well, HUGGIES anyway*

I see in my absence that we have gained a couple of new crew memebers. I'm Shannon, the New Trainee Supervisor and if you need anything feel free to ask but it seems like you all have fit in well with the crew. WELCOME & ENJOY our slice of Emmett heaven!

So on to business: What do you think goes on in Emmett's mind? Is he thoughtful, imaginative, a planner, logical?
I think that Emmett has all of the traits listed in the question. He is very thoughtful when it comes to the well being of his family. I don't think that he would want anything to happen to them.

We all know that he is very imaginative when it comes to the quick quips or whatever type of fun that he could dream of.

Even though people may not believe that Emmett is smart or intellectual, we all know that sometimes "street" smarts are more useful then "book" smarts, I believe that he possesses both and therefore he is a well rounded, grounded person.

I think my answer made more sense in my head then when I actually typed it but oh well.

Hopefully we can keep the crickets & tumbleweed from returning!

Happy April Fool's Day!

TOODLES!!!!

P.S. even though I may not be posting alot, I do lurk and the RULER is always handy.
:lol:
Last edited by skylarblue on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

*cringes at the thought of shannon lurking with her ruler ready in hand* :?

The crickets have totally took control :? I'll come help you with the burning of them after some work, Tilly!Don't you worry! You can count on me! Except for yesterday, but I have a good excuse for that! I was baking and decorating a fish shaped cake for extra credit (which i desperately need) in French until 8:30 last night. Then I got home, did homework and went to bed. No lex time :(

Jenni~ Definetly, EDC is a pro with jell-o! & I love the question, btw! It's so different fom what we normally have so it realy makes you think. We need more Q's like that! & if ya like the RJR outfits so much, why don't ya join us *heavy hinting* You'd be a lot of help in beating the CCR!

Liz~ Thanks :D I don't know what I'm brilliant for but I know I am, lol :roll: :lol: I've never had rocky road ice cream...im more of a mint chocolate chip kinda gal! & congrats on your writing spiral! Any Emmett-y poems in there *waggles eyebrows*???

Bri~ We could NEVAH forget you! That totally makes up for any lack of posts, now we know you're definetly alive!!

Elise~ Even though you're super busy it sounds like you're having a ton of fun! Good to know you're not dead either, & like Bri, we could NEVER forget you!!

& all you other MIAers (Kat, Cam, Sierra etc.)~ WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU EITHER!!!!& if you're lurking, come OUT!!We need you! but if you're not lurking, stop being so busy! Take a break from life and come back!!!

Kat~ Happy belated birthday!!Now that I've wished it to you on two diferent threads does that make up for me forgetting?

What do you think goes on in Emmett's mind? Is he thoughtful, imaginative, a planner, logical?
I, like many others, think that it depends on the situation he's in. The majority of the time he's probably imaginative, schemeing pranks and coming up with bet ideas and jokes and ways to get a good laugh (totally stole all that from everyone that's answered before me). When there's an immediate danger he'll be observant and thoughtful, coming up with a great plan in seconds that way. Emmett is definetly smart, but he doesn't need to show that of all the time like some people. He's smart when he needs to be, but the rest of the time he's just funny and smart enough to get by. & of course I think that a lot of Emmett's thoughts are about Rosaalie and very NOT PG13!! :lol:

And I can't leave without saying, HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY, LADIES!!!!!!!!!& Logan...
*pulls out the flamthrower from under her desk, heaves it towards the wreck hll doors, and starts BLASTING*

Oh wait! One more thing! I'm probably going to be pretty MIA myself after the mafia party. I've got 3 birthdays this weekend, 2 of which are sleepovers and the 3rd is an all day thing and I'll have ot do HW and stuff in between there so I won't have much free time :(

*starts blasting the crickets with the flamethrower again*
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Haha. Syd had to actually direct me to the way to get in here! I feel like I'm sneaking in somewhere I shouldn't be.

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!! :)

OK, GUYS. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET EVERYONE TO POST MORE? I don't exactly have anything Emmett-y worth much, so I can't have a contest. We can...start a youtube channel where we go on and talk about Emmett, we can do something involving Twitter, we can have parties every single day (even though the party doesn't seem to be doing much), I'll do ANYTHING to get this thread to pick back up. It seems like everyone is going away or doesn't have anything to talk about, which should SO not be true! With Emmett there is PLENTY to talk about!! Come on guys, lets get pumped!
Give me your ideas as to what we can do. For now, please take a stroll down memory lane when we posted 10 pages a day and when we were all on here ALL THE TIME!!

Alright. Now that I've got that off my chest, NICE TO SEE YOU BACK, ELISE!!! *runs vampire speed to Elise to tackle her in a bear hug.* I missed you, my dear!!! I know you're busy, but it does sound like you are having fun. Come back as soon as you can!

I can't wait for the Mafia party! Hope to have all of us EDCers on there as a team! Bring all the jello, frosting, gum, etc as you can carry. Oh, and someone said a while back that we should all be wearing something similar. I say that we all wear those EDC hats that someone made a while ago. Then we could all still wear our separate things, but still be united as a crew.
OR, for this one day and one day only, we could come together to defeat the other crews. We can use all of our talent to destroy. :lol: What do you all think? :)

Shannon, just the MENTION of the ruler makes me scared. :? :lol:

Emmett Question Time!! :D

What do you think goes on in Emmett's mind? Is he thoughtful, imaginative, a planner, logical?
As many have already said, I think that he has it all. He can be very thoughtful when nothings really going on and he is just trying to figure things out. Thats also when he can be a planner. He can be imaginative when he is daydreaming about...ahem...Rosalie :lol: and of course other things.

Ok, I'm just rambling. I am typing whatever comes to my head first. Its driving me insane. So, instead, I'm just going to say that he is a very diverse person. I consider him one of the smarter Cullen's just because he can have all of these different emotions and thoughts. He is never just stuck on one thing. He's smart in that he can look at situations from very different ways than everyone else because he allows his mind to not just be stuck on one thing. I like that about him. :)

See you guys!! :) Remember to post more!

~Carrie :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

*walks into office* Hello? Anyone here? *hears crickets* Crap! Well looks like I've got some work to do. But before I get to blasting stupid crickets, I've got some love to show.

Ted~ No worries about the help thing. I got it under control. At least I'll have it under control for the next couple of days. Saturday will be the only day I can't go cricket hunting. :-( but yay for birthday parties because that's where I'll be!

Okay. Now that that is out of the way. Emmett question answer.

I think that Em is so much more thoughtful than people give him credit for. I mean considering he's really protective of his family. I think that people just don't get to see it because he's always so happy go lucky. He's really a smart guy. But I agree with everyone else though. Emmett is the total package. He's awesome. So I'd have to say he is thoughtful. He's a planner especially for hunting trips. When he picks on Bella he's imaginative. He's gotta be creative for that. And he is logical. He's just not good at being not blunt. (I know there's a word for it, but I can't think of it)

Okay since I'm done with the question. Time to get to work Cricket Hunting.
*Puts on flame retardant clothes, picks up flame thrower and starts creeping around the office*
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

*comes screeching in on awesome ATV* Hello Ladies and Logan!! HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY AND HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO KAT! I DIDNT FORGET I JUST FORGOT TO POST! :roll: :D

HEY ELISE! I didnt forget about you because youre awesome! *thumbs up*

Shannon!!!!!!! I see you lurking everywhere! Like a ghost you are.. Im always afraid you're going to jump in a thread with a ruler and wack us all!

Jenni! Youre back already! Awesome :D. And yes, join RJR!!

Hmm.. I guess at times he can be all of those things. In his mind, he is always making jokes out of things, trying to keep it light. But, at the same time he notices the little things.. I imagine he is imaginative since he is the one who keeps things fun. He has to be able to think of crazy and fun things to do lol. He always has his protective side going.. so he is always thinking about the safety of his family. Logical? :lol:
I like what Carrie said about him being thoughtful when he is just sitting around and thinking! I love you Twin! :D.

Oooh! IM WEARING THAT AWESOME HAT TO THE PARTY! And my RJR outfit :D. Guys.. we should go to our EDC forum and plot against everyone :roll: Im for real.. Carrrrriiiiieeeee... while your up at ungodly hours of the morning, make a thread lol!
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Yay! 2 posts in a matter of hours. Thats...an improvement, I guess. :roll: :lol:

Aw, Syd! I love you, too! :D

Speaking of Syd, i just put up that thread on the EDC website. Go check it out and start ahem...plotting people! :) Oh, and I didn't even wait till tomorrow when I will be waking up at 4:37am to do it. :)

For a new question, how about this...
After Bella beat Emmett to an arm wrestling match, 1) how do you think he dealt with losing, 2) how long do you think it took him to get over it, and 3) How long and/or how many tries do you think it took him to beat Bella (because he challenged her to another one, and we all know that COULDN'T have been it. :lol: )

Its just a small one that won't take much to answer, but I just read that part in BD, and thats the first thing that popped into my head. :lol:
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin