Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by obieewok »

For you Sarah, I shall give Being Human another try. I just started the second episode yesterday. I guess I just didn't get a lot of it----so much I suppose is yet to be explained. Like, how the freak did Mitchell become a vamp and are all vamps so freaking HAWT? lol. But like I said, I'll be open minded and give it another go and let you know what I think.

Watched the newest True Blood episode yesterday and OH MY FREAKING LORD it was awesome. I really REALLY like this show. Another new favorite show: Hung. Thomas Jane. Yum.

I am working from home today since I've been up doing just that since four a m today. Hope everyone enjoys their Tuesday.

Ally----Books are on their way. No one should have to pay for the goodness that is Eric Northman baby.

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

SG, no problems about the advice, always happy to offer it when it's asked for (sometimes when it's not though, and that can be annoying, just no annoying to me).

If your "friend" acts like a dork, tell him he should be more like me, because I am great (not to mention modest).

I want to ask some advice about TV vampire shows, specifically one called The Vampire Diaries - anyone watched it?

We have a new channel called "Go!" and it will be having this coming up (and I believe Being Human and True Blood as well, plus Moonlight - all they need is to repeat buffy and they'll have the full complement of vampire sh1t).

Anyway, any good reviews?

Also, did anyone catch Harper's Island? I'm a bit pissed because the channel here showing it moved it from 9pm to 3am, so I've been taping it. Last night we watched the last episode, and there were three loss of signal outages - 1st just before the last surviving male was captured by the killer, 2nd just after all the cops had done the clean up and assumed the killer and the 2 last survivors burnt to death, just as the killer was explaining his farked up shenanigans to the last surviving female, and 3rd when the last male and last female escape and kill the killer.

In case you hadn't caught on, Harper's Island is about a serial killer running amok on a small island - 13 or so episodes with at least one death or a main character each time. Was very good, even if it sometimes felt a little Melrose Place-ey, and was produced by the same dudes who make Days Of Our Lives.

What else . . . . . . . .

I made a new website tonight, for a local logging company. Check this sh1t out, let me know what you think of the look etc - Click click click . .. . . . . . . .booom!
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Hi Lexlings! Happy HumpDay and all that jazz. Still needing a coffee IV drip. I have been so damn tired lately and it is killing me. I feel like I lost my energy or something. Not sure what is going on. If it persists might go see the doc or something, but not sure. I avoid the doctors like the plague, I just hate going. I had mono back a few years ago and hope to God I don’t ever get that again. Maybe it is just some vitamin deficiency or some crap…sorry got on a tangent there.

Hmm lets see not much going on with me, thankfully. My summer has been super busy lately and has been a whirlwind, but it is starting to calm down. Which is nice because I don’t like being over scheduled, but have been lately.

My aunt is doing much better (for those of you who’ve been here you know the back story) She went back to work in the beginning of July after being off work for over 6 months and seems to be getting back to “normal” But she is painfully thin, so much so that her ribs in her chest and her shoulders stick out so badly. It worries me, but she doesn’t seem too concerned. I just hope she never goes back to her old habits, but heres praying. My sis and I are going to here place on Sat to go bring her some breakfast/coffee and just catch up a bit.

Pharmer=are they still playing harper’s island? I thought that got cancelled, but I might be confusing it with another show.

Sarah- Did you finish WA yet? If so what dod you think of it. Have to say it felt a bit rushed to me or something. Hmm maybe that isn’t the adjective, but seemed “off” but still waiting for the epilogue.

OK hi-hi hi-ho its back to work I go. Love to you all and word to your mothers!
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Ok. No one is talking here. So I must break the ice. It's what I do.

So word on the street (and sort of obvious if you ask me) is that Rpatz and KStew are together together. And I only have one question:

Why her?

Everyone on here already knows my views on Kstew. Homegirl is pretty WHEN SHE WANTS TO BE, which in my opinion ain't often. The hairdo (it's called a wig honey, you could have done that with a wig) the clothing choices (anyone catch that trainwreck at Teen Choice?) and the all around vibe of "I don't care" just don't jive with me. But then again, Rpatz has some of that going on. Sometimes I get the feeling that people have to remind him to do stuff lol. I'm not sure. The boy is good looking, but in a very rough sort of way. And I think he looks ten times better cleaned up and on screen than in real life pics. But still, Kstew gives me a weird homeless person vibe. I just don't get it, but I suppose if you spend that much time with a person maybe that's just what happens---you fall in lust or love or whatever. I still think it's strange that she was in love with some dude for three years and then Rpatz happens and she ain't no more. If it's one thing Obie hates, it's fickle love.

I'm taking Halls advice and getting the other books written by Charlaine Harris, the chick who writes the Sookie stuff. I think she said they were the Harper Connelly series or something and she says she loves them so far, and I think there are only three books so far. So I'll give them a whirl.

Hubs is sucking up to my fat self by taking me to see the Time Traveler's Wife tomorrow evening and eating at PF Chang's.

Is it bad that I'm a little tired of Twilight? I mean, I'm slammed with it everywhere I go it seems and is it just me, or is it getting a little overexposed? It was fun at the beginning, but now, not so much.

I'm a dork and am really excited for the cheeseness that is Final Destination like 20 to come out at end of month in 3D at a theatre near you. I freaking LOVE those horror gems.

Fanficness

For Jasperella fans:

Dude, check out Be Your Biggest Fan, which is complete and there is a story there, but it's more Jasper lemony goodness than you can shake his stick at:)

Most interesting story so far:
Ars Moriendi---Ed is an incubus, sorta like a ghost, and he draws power from doing it with sleeping victims and stealing the sexy energy or something. So freaking hot and well written it's insane. One of the best stories going in fanfic if you ask me.

Badbutt Bells---
Tough as Nails----vamps are still vamps, but Bells is strong and ain't afraid to tell Ed a thing or two about a thing or two.

You should really ask yourself why you aren't reading:
The Office----one word....HOT
The Dominant---now complete
Bonne Foi----a great one for people who like Ed as a vamp
Bare---sweet and about to go all lemony
Art After 5---VERY angsty dudes
Carpe Noctem & Fiat Lux----this won like best fanfic award or something, and there is a reason why everyone in fanfic is reading it, so go now.

Ok...I'm off to make a difference in the Ruthicon's world by telling her I want to be "saved". I do this at least once a month and you'd think after a certain point she'd give up. But today there was yet again another flyer on my desk warning about my "damned soul" so I must go now and F*** with her.

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've been MIA for like a couple of days/weeks. I seriously don't know how long it's been since I've been here.

Pharmer~ When I heard about the lawsuit, I rolled my eyes. I told loverboy about it and he was like can I call shenanigans? I laughed. I think it's hysterical that people are desperate for attention. I mean come on. There are parallels between stories everywhere. Even between Sookie Stackhouse and Twilight. I dunno. I'm all whatever on it. And as far as being a foul mouth. I'm the worst person when I'm with just me, Shane, and our friends. My parents have known that I swear like a sailor since I was in high school. I've been cursing since I was like 9 maybe...Trust me, in my family, it's not a hard habit to pick up. I can sensor when I want. But I tend to censor around my parents, and Shane's family. Everyone else I just don't care. I drop the beloved F--- work like it's going out of style. I swear out of no where Shane and I will just start calling each other a$$holes. There are some nights when every other word out of our mouth is F*ck. We don't care, it's who we are. We just try to be polite in front of his parents and mine.

Obie~ You know what, I haven't thought about it much, but you're right. The whole Twilight thing is getting a little overdone. And the worst part is it is every where you turn. And I'm getting sick of it. Thankfully, Shane and I hardly ever watch anything on FOX so I was able to avoid the whole TCA's thing. I saw pictures of RPattz. And I agree wholeheartedly that he's way too serious all the time. Taylor has the right idea. Be happy. Smile. Enjoy life. And as far as the whole KStew thing... I hate her hair. *rolls eyes* She looks like she went back to the 90's and chose to get the worst cut ever. As far as the Eric Northman thing, I agree. No one should have to pay, or wait for the library to have the greatness that is Eric.

Megs~ I really hope you aren't a Cubs fan. They are really sucking this series against the Phils. And it's good that you are watching out for your aunt. I have to do that with my mom. No one else pays enough attention to it, and I'm 200 miles away from her. So if I get the inkling that she's reverting to her old ways, I'm on the phone talking to her. And as far as Harper's Island... I know it got cancelled here. But maybe not over there??? Who knows.

Sarah~ I've missed you. How did everything go the other day? (or last week or couple of weeks ago. Which ever it was) I hope you made his stupid a$$ completely jealous and reconsider everything. But remember. You are strong. You can get through anything and everything. I promise. :-) By the way. How is your little list coming along? Do I still have Quil all to myself? That would make me such a very happy person. ;) Let me know if you need any help. I'm around.

As far as what I've been up to... Loverboy's parents are on vacay for the next couple of days. They've been gone for almost two weeks. So we've been taking care of the pups. Which is awesome. I love them like they were my own. Especially Bails. He's a sweetheart.

I haven't seen my parents in like two or three months. Which I'm not entirely upset over. I talk to my mom every day. My niece started like third grade or something yesterday. Which is the weirdest thing in the world for me. Is it weird to think that at her age, I was already in therapy and going through everything with the trial. Tell me how much that sucked. Add on to it that my grandfather died on top of it all. Yeah, my life sucked at her age. I'm just glad that she can be a normal child. My nephew is not eating normal food. He eats Chicken and Pizza and Pop Tarts and Wheat bread. And that's about it. Oh and fruit snacks. My mother has completely stopped feeding him during the day because the boy doesn't eat. And his mother doesn't make him eat anything either. My oldest sister has caused a TON of drama in my family. She told my oldest niece that her dad was dead. Okay, if that's what you want to tell her, fine. But don't give her the name and say he's dead when the man lives right up the street from my parents. And my parents and I have an amazing relationship with the guy. All things considered. Oh, I guess I should explain that. His brother is the source of my torment and problems with men. I'm actually surprised at myself that I can have a normal relationship with Junior and Elizabeth. Then again.... okay. Enough of my contemplating. So anyway back to my oldest niece. So she started talking to my mother about it all. My niece and my mom have this great relationship because my mom doesn't lie to her. So my mom was like your father isn't dead. He lives right up the street. Ashley was like really? I'd like to get to know him. And my mom was like nothing is stopping you. You're 19, do whatever the hell you want. So Ash was starting to reach out to him. She was just about to friend request him on Facebook when her mother saw. BIIIIG drama. My mother got called and said how dare you tell Ashley that Junior was alive. We didn't want her talking to him. You had no right... yadda yadda yadda. Long story short... my dad has disowned his two oldest daughters and their children. He says that there's way too much drama that comes about when Ashley talks to my dad and mom. I laughed.

My parents are selling their house and moving into an apartment. Which means my two oldest sisters are going to throw a fit. Me and my other two sisters, and my brother all agree that this is the best solution for my parents. My dad's knees are starting to go bad, and my mom's permanently on oxygen and has problems breathing when she goes up and down too many stairs. The living room is turning into her bedroom slowly. Plus it's them and my sister. They don't need a ton of room.

I think you guys would get a kick out of my mother. She's awesome. She's a no BS kinda woman and speaks her mind. And she'll tell you when you're being ridiculous. Sarah, you should definitely talk to her. She already loves you. Even though she's never even talked to you. You know what I mean? She's where I inherited my foul mouth from. She's also where I got my love of hard liquor and strong dislike of beer from. She's seriously one of my best friends.

Okay, this is one INCREDIBLY long post. I'll go and read some of what Obs suggested. Catch you guys later!
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I'm doing this list style today, mainly replying to Obs post...

1) I feel the same way about KStew - total homeless vibe. Also, this hair - 2 Twilight movies w/ real hair and extra pieces to wigs and/or extensions. You couldn't get a wig for the indie movie, but cut and died all your hair to screw up the hair and make up people of the franchise that is making you rich - smooth move. I watched a movie from 4 years ago called "Speak" -- based on a book- girl gets raped before starting high school, calls the police from HS party, gets everyone in trouble, they hate her, she stops talking -- which means the film is mostly monologued from KStew's character's mind. Sounds likes KStew as Bella a couple years younger. Confirmed my thoughts that she has no acting range and that the cigarettes and pot have made her voice so raspy - I don't know any girls whos voice has changed that much naturally.

2) Recently I've also been feeling a little tired of Twilight, still love the series of course, but its more like it has lost some of its magic. I think you're right - too much overexposer, drama, and tabloid rumors. I think the movie publicity and stuff is hurting my love for the series more than helping. I find the original fun and magic come back when I'm only focusing on the books and looking at cool merchandise.

3) Other Charlaine Harris stuff - I'm interested in the Lily Bard "Shakespeare" series, since she did the crossover in Dead as a Doornail. I want to try the Harper Connely series, as Halls suggested, too.

4) Final Destination is the pinacle of all that is horror cheese. If you thought you knew all the ways a person could die, FD will always prove you wrong. Death by carwash is in the preview, I want to know what new ways to die they aren't showing us.

Me Stuff:
5) Bought the Mastering French Cooking by Julia Child cookbook today - Julia's roasted chicken and peas for dinner tonight :D
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Ally---

You are so friggin dead on dude. Her voice! ugh. I'm not a usual KStew basher or anything, but GAWD----I get you wanted to channel Joan Jett and all, but the only person that can pull off that hair is Joan. Pale + jet black hair = not Alice and not a good look for you. I just get a weird creepy "I don't care about anything" vibe. If she is doing it with Rpatz, well, good for her. But can someone's stylist please channel their inner Alice and fix her up a bit and DO NOT let her near the racks.

Yep---I agree with the acting range. Has anyone seen anyone else besides Rpatz (which I've seen in other stuff and can hand it to him he can act) in anything else? I've got a history with Peter F, ever since Dancer Texas came out and that boy is HAWT in everything and has some acting chops. I saw Jackson in that Criminal Minds thing---creeped me out dressing like a woman, and he was sort of a stoner (which he pulls off REALLY REALLY REALISTICALLY well people...hmmmm). I saw Charlie in Mafia, one of my favorite funny spoof movies EVER. And I remember sort of Nikki Reed (Rosalie) from Thirteen, the movie she like wrote and all and starred in with that chick who went out with Marilyn Manson. Talk about a movie that makes you want to shut down your vajajay and never have kids. EVER. I have yet to see Kellan or Ashley or Esme in anything, at least I don't think so. Taylor I know has been in that Sharkboy movie, but I never saw it. I remember Kstew in Panic Room and she was the same as usual---monotone lol. Anyone have any others they remember? I haven't seen any of the bad guys (Laurent, Victoria and James) in anything.

I plan on going this weekend and looking for those Harper Books. I'll check out those Lily Bard books. If I get any, ALLY---I'll send them once I'm done.

Final Destination is freaking awesome just for the special effects alone. I remember the last one I think in which a dude got smooshed to death by fall glass and some dude got CUT IN COMPLETE HALF by flying debris. So gross and sick---so the moment I saw the advertisement for the theatrical 3D release I grinned at Ray and he groaned----I cannot wait!

Next week RaffTrax is playing. Ok...RaffTrax (for those of you who don't know) is what Mystery Science Theatre is now. MST3K! I'm a Uber nerd about Mystery Science Theatre since discovering how freaking AWESOME and funny it was in college. So the dudes are all getting together for a live one night only show and it's being shown at national theatres. Best part EVER: The movie they are "watching" is none other than the worse movie ever made in EVERYONE's opinion: Plan 9 from Outer Space!!!!!!!!! I did an Obie squeal at this because I freaking LOVE cheesy horrid movies and adding dialogue to it.

Ok...enough about Obie.

I'm so outta here. Much love to all ya'll

Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Obbie -
obieewok wrote: I plan on going this weekend and looking for those Harper Books. I'll check out those Lily Bard books. If I get any, ALLY---I'll send them once I'm done.
I love that you are already got a plan to get those books to me. We are now "long distance book buddies" - that name sucks but its the main idea, we can up with something better. If you ever are interested in anything I talk about let me know and I'll send stuff your way.

As for Twilight actors in other movies:

J.Rath: S. Darko is the most recent, Senior Skip day (if I remember correctly, actually plays stoner), Youtube Jackson Rathbone in Disney 411 for some young stuff.
Kellan: Prom Night, Generation Kill (HBO series), and (my favorite) Stick It - gymanstics movie where Kellan plays the friend of the rebel girl who gets sent to a gymnastics academy after getting in trouble blah blah blah. Like Bring It On w/ gymnastics, but with a more entertaining main character.
Elizabeth Reaser (Esme)- the only thing I've seen is The Family Stone (has Sarah Jessica Parker, Claire Danes, Diane Keaton, Rachel McAdams, Luke Wilson, Durmot Mulroney).
Anna Kendrick- I have to plug my girl Anna (Jessica), since I love her in CAMP which has been a fav. of mine for years (a musical theater geek) so: CAMP (she sings), Rocket Science, and Elsewhere.

Thats all I've got for now :D
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Elizabeth Reaser was also on Greys. She played Ava. A woman who lost her memory and fell in love with Alex. But then she left and then came back, and went all psycho and tried to kill herself.

Kellan was in another movie... Accepted. I haven't seen it. But it's whatever.

As far as S. Darko is concerned... DON'T even bother. Obie, it's not worth it. As much as I love Jackson, even he couldn't make S. Darko work. And Yes Ally, in Senior Skip Day, J.Action plays a stoner... quite possibly one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. Most of Jackson's stuff is coming out after Twilight. *shrug*

I saw this really random movie that Nikki was in... It was called Cherry something or other... hang on... Cherry Crush... It was really really bad. She was also in Lords of Dogtown with Emile Hirsch. She played Tony's little sister. And ended up with Jay.

I remember seeing Billy Burke on the Gilmore Girls way back when. He dated Lorelei for a while.

Cam I remember from the OC... My sister was obsessed with that show.

Mike Welch did an episode of NCIS, and now the loverboy and I joke that Mike Newton is going to blow up the school every time that episode is on.

Christian Serratos was on Nickelodeon's Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide. I watched that show simply because it was hysterical.

Edi was on House for a while... he was a doctor... but nothing too good.

And Ashley is a virtual unknown before Twilight came along.

And P. Fac... well I fell in love with him with Can't Hardly Wait... he's played such a jerk, but I still loved him.

That's about all I know... Hope that helps some Obs.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

DUDES! I totally forgot about Kellan being in Stick It and Accepted. I've seen both of them and now I'm going to have to go back and watch them.

I heard that S. Darko sucked donkeyballs, so I still haven't rented it or anything. It takes a special person to appreciate Donnie Darko, so a sequel never seemed right to me. I'll go see him in Airbender though.

Ewww. I totes forgot about Cherry Crush, Cherry Falls, whatever it was called. Ewwwww. Nikki....why????

Peter was freaking AWESOME as Mike Dexter. "Who's gonna want you now???" lol....and let's not forget Fastlane!

I really need to watch Camp. Everyone talks about it---so I should see it.

We were going to go see Time Traveler's Wife but honestly, the sucker is getting TRASHED in reviews and I am sooo bummed. The book was EPIC and probably one of the best I've ever read. Instead hubs begged to see District 9, which is getting such buzz and such awesome reviews I can't say no. I plan on seeing TTW next week on my own rather than listen to the man whine and complain for a week.

Thank GAWD it's Friday and thank GAWD I'm a lex girl:)

Have a great weekend yall and Ally---let me know when you get the books!

Obs