Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by MRK »

Obie~ TOTALLY living paycheck to paycheck...actually with the mount of gas my husband uses we put almost $400/month on our credit card every month...so actually we go in debt $400 every month! *eye roll*
He seriously needs a raise lol

Janny~ Sorry ppl give you a hard time about having kids. I don't think everyone should have kids and I don't think there must be something wrong with ppl if the don't want them. To me it is completely understandable. I swore I would not have kids...(not great childhood, scary world etc...) So I know how ppl can look at you when you say that! (Besides you already have a step-son!)
The VMA trailer had some extra stuff in it :D

OMG I'm watching Ellen and she has Sharon Osbourne on...she showed her a pick of Rpatz and Sharon said, "I could be arrested if I said what I would do to him right now!" while putting his pic in her coat! LMAO

If you could break up one canon couple, which would it be and why?
None..sry I couldn't! I love Bellards relationship...I dunno, I don't find it unhealthy...just young. Keep in mind ppl this is a very unusual relationship....indestructable vamp looking at this tiny human girl that he or any of his kind (down Jasper!) can kill with a jerk of the hand...of course he is obsessive about keeping her safe. Humans die daily from stupid stuff, like putting a fork in the toaster to get that last crumb out! And Bella having had to take care of her parents her entire life cant grasp someone putitng her first, plus she cant imagine someone actually loves her so she gets kinda clingy....I find it very normal. They settle down in the end...

You get to appear ONCE in the TW-saga, where would it be? (book and part please) Why?
I would like to be at the wedding! Then I can meet and dance with everyone one of the cullens!!!

Mythical creature~ Unicorn ;) but not in the way it fits into the Twilight saga LMAO!

who are you most like regardless of gender?
Esme...Im the mom

EDIT~ I luv that Stephenie met up with Nikki and Chick that played Esme...forgetting her name for a sec...and went to see Jackson's band together...totally cool!
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Okay, so I've been MIA for a while.

And Obs, some of the stories you're reading are WICKED awesome. Seriously CW&IA. I love that story. I don't think I can get more addicted to it. And a couple of others I'm all over are:

Illegal Contact by Greeneyedgirl17~ Edward's an exfootball player who gets hurt and ends up coaching high school football in Forks. Bella comes back to teach as an English teacher, and they fall in love. While there have been no ACTUAL lemons, it's awesome.
Edward Wallbanger by Feathersmmmm~ Bella and Edward are next door neighbors with thin walls. She hears everything. Especially when his headboard makes contact with their shared walls. So worth the read. It's hysterical. She refers to him as Wallbanger and he refers to her as pink nightie girl.
The Fan by Pears13~ Edward is a baseball player for the Cubs. Bella is a fan of the Cubs and knows all the stats of every player. But she HATES all ball players. Good stuff. And when the lemons finally come around, it's good.
Sovereign Six by Holly1980~ I think it is my mission to pimp this story out. Bella and Edward are together throughout high school and then split up for college. 10 years later, Charlie dies and it brings the ENTIRE gang back to Forks. So pretty much it's how the relationships have changed and how some haven't.

So on to the questions that were asked.
Bella faints at the sight of blood. What is ONE thing that invokes that reaction from you or makes you squeamish?
I don't really get squirmish. I mean I have a nasty fear of Clowns. That's about it. So I cry when I see a clown walking around.

You are the bad guy. You have to fight one Cullen family member in order to maintain your life status. Who do you choose and why? Keep in mind that you've pissed them off somehow, so none of them, Eddie included, feel nice towards you.
I have to agree with Obs. Emmett, is quite possibly the easiest to distract, but I'd definitely have to go up against either Carlisle or Esme. I don't think either would have the heart to actually kill me.

You have to make out with one Cullen chick for seven minutes in Heaven (dudes---tell me you've played that game!) If you are a chick, which chick and if you are a dude, which dude?
Girl, probably Rose. Not movie Rose though. Book Rose. Dude, I seriously have the hots for book Rose.

One of the wolf pack has phased and you are holding their clothes. When they phase back, one article will be missing (thanks to you). What member of the pack and what article will it be?
Dude either Quil, Embry, or Jared. And they would definitely be missing their pants/shorts

See I wouldn't break up one, I'd break up two. I'd break up Bella and Edward and Jasper and Alice. Then I'd put Alice and Edward and Jasper and Bella together. I always thought that was a better match up for the four of them. Maybe that's why I'm so all over Jasperella fics.

You get to appear ONCE in the TW-saga, where would it be? (book and part please) Why?
Hmmm. I'd probably be in Eclipse. I'd be the one trying to talk Bella into breaking up with Edward for Jake. So I'd probably be like a major part of the story when Jake kidnaps Bella from school. That's just swoon worthy in the book.

Okay, happy Monday to you all. I'm out.
Later Gators
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

http://s482.photobucket.com/albums/rr18 ... t%20scrap/
I made some sigs from the new trailer caps. Be warned: I wasn't feeling very creative... I'm very embarressed by few of them, but they can hang in there until I race a few more brain cells from the cold-induced coma they've fallen into...

So yes, I saw the trailer. Absolutely loved the vamp-eyes. Jane looks awesome. Rest of the Volturi too. Edward looks better in the Volturi scene than in the beginning. I mean, he's supposed to look like his naturally rigid and tries to act human. Instead Rob looks like Rob and like his spine is made of marshmellows. Bella looks skinnier to me. And not better at all. Maybe if she looked more like she did on Twilight in the beginnning, her change would be more prominent. little makeup to make dark eyes and stuff... Jacob looks awesome. period. :) Charlie looked great. I really like him now. I'm having a tiny crush on Billy Burke. He tweets so cool things and man was he hot in Feast of Love... I'm very much expecting the jokes and chemistry between Charlie and Billy Black. They were the best part of Twilight the movie.

Okay. another brain freeze.. can't think of more to write so... so long! If monday bites your a§§, bite it back!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Loved the trailer and getting really excited to see new moon. but also a lill bummed, because i DO want new moon to be like this, but in comparison twilight just s*cked big time. And thats just such a pity, its such a great story :(
Oh well, ill just read twilight and watch the rest of the movies.(i want a remake of twilight dammit!)

@oobs, well we dont have the couponsystem that you guys have over there. But lets just say this. When sid and i were first together we had to live off 100 euros for the whole month, to eat, smoke, go out, clothes, etc. So i know how it feels. Now we have more money, but in comparison to ''normal'' ppl we still have below average. Still, we can buy way more stuff than we used to, have a big house(well, rent it), and are happy enough. But its never fun to have to know every time of the day how much money is left in your account. We cant save either, only if we really want something that bad. So we ve never been on a real vacation either.(weven been together for almost 6 yrs now, married for a yr and we havent even had our honeymoon). Still, there are ppl who have it a lot worse than we do and i appreciate every thing we have and can buy or do. But trust me, lots of ppl live this way all around the world. Especially in these times with the economy, lots of ppl are living from paycheck to paycheck.
Ive learned to keep a list. Every month i make a list with all the normal bills(that come back every month), and take those from the paycheckamount. Then i make a list beside it for things we want or bills that were send(like medicine) and how much we would need for food. And everything thats left, thats our spending money. Its really helpfull and it gives a great overview of your finances. And ofcourse you should always think about how much you really want something. For example, we dont have a car, which saves a lot of money. It can be really annoying at times, but its just to exoensive with the gas, insurance, taxes, ect. On the other hand, we do have cableinternet, because we use that daily, and i use it for DragonOrb aswell. Its all about what you need and are willing to spend. So no, i dont have designersclothes, but i can make something unique myself ;)
BTw we call them bellybands and ive bought one for my sisterinlaw. its black with lill silver hands and feet in the front, too cute. They have all kinds like '' >insert name here< did this'' ''made by >insert name here<'' ''expirationdate ......'' ''lill preincess inside'' etc.

i just bought myself a stack of new black towels. Needed to get rid of some old holey ones, lol. And they were on sale, buy 3 pay 2 :) wanted to longsleeves for 12 euro aswell but they werent all unpacked yet, at least not the colour i wanted. So sid is going to get those for me tomorrow since im still nog feeling well and he just too sweet :)

btw sid and i watched confessions of a shopaholic today and we both loved it. sid want to have the dvd, lol. Yeah we both like romanticcomedies, gimme more!

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

It's been such a long time I posted here. But I do keep in touch with your lifes through facebook and twitter and sometimes I lurk on here. But life has been busy, and a pain in the Why are we talking about a donkey? lately. Lots of things happened.
But I'm planning to better my life and post here more often again :)
Starting today ;)
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Hi Lies!! *waves*
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Hi Lies! Hi Becca!!!

@Cappu - That was exactly how it happened! The wolf came and tried to pee on me, I kicked him in the nuts and we have been together ever since! :lol:

@Janny - I hope you're not mad at me. :P Its just that kids do weird stuff with our bodies. And there is no amount of protection to fully prevent pregnancy. I was like Obie on this matter. I really did not like kids, but now I'm seeing them from another perspective. Did you get my e-mail? I hope you liked it! :D

Thought on today's economy...
Things here are not bad, actually, we were one of the few countrys not shaken by the US crisis. But in the past 3 years, my mom and I have been living in the tightest of budgets. I can't get a decent paying job, and our time is running out. When my dad died, he didn't have insurance and he left us with a few debts. We had to sell his car and our apartment and from then on, we have been living from the money left from the sell. It is the most anguishing thing in the world. Sometimes I do consider taking a "slave" job where I would work 44h a week and get paid around 250USD, so at least I would be on a stable job, and not freelancing like I have been lately, where you simply don't know if you're going to get another paying job.
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@paulinha, its okay i just never wanted kids. Still dont, for lots and lots of reasons. If i ever do want one, id probably adopt a toddler or maybe older than that. but i dont see that happening.

No i didnt get your email :( now im getting curious.

uhg. today it seems i have the stomachflu, stomachache all day, and just eating a few crackers, which started the whole process all over again. ill be so glad when im healthy again...

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

WOOOHOOO I just bought my Ticket for New Moon midnight showing and all I could think was that

SHIM SHOULD BE HERE BY THEN!!!!!!
*HUGS NINNA*
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I'm back YAY! Questions first, Update below.

Bella faints at the sight of blood. What is ONE thing that invokes that reaction from you or makes you squeamish?
Blood. Can't stand it, pass out or get queasy every time. Needles would be #2.

You are the bad guy. You have to fight one Cullen family member in order to maintain your life status. Who do you choose and why? Keep in mind that you've pissed them off somehow, so none of them, Eddie included, feel nice towards you.
If I'm the evil bad guy with no feelings, then I'd go after Esme or Carlise because they are the least aggressive of the family.

You have to make out with one Cullen chick for seven minutes in Heaven (dudes---tell me you've played that game!) If you are a chick, which chick and if you are a dude, which dude?
This one is hard. Not Esme b/c she is the mom, Rose is crazy, I'm not a Bella fan (What!?! twilight fan that doesn't wish she was Bella - I know I'm a heathen), so I guess Alice b/c we would be friends in my make belive world anyway so the weirdness level would be the minimal possible.

One of the wolf pack has phased and you are holding their clothes. When they phase back, one article will be missing (thanks to you). What member of the pack and what article will it be?
Embry. Shorts, duh.

I would break up Jacob and Renesme b/c it weirds me out. Jacob and Bella's daughter just doesn't work for me.

Since I don't think I could get in anywhere interesting on the Cullen & Wolfpack side, I think I'd be part of the Volturi during New Moon. Get to see Aro and Jane react to Bella's mind sheild and I'd get to see Demetri and Felix ;) Plus, it'd be cool to be a kick "why are we talking about a donkey" vampire every once in a while.

Obie- I'm a liar. Your package still isn't ready for departure. My schedule keeps getting messed up b/c I don't have control over other people. On a side note -> I watched the season finale of True Blood (b/c I love Sam Merlotte, he is gorgeous and, regardless of my interest in the tv version's story line, I could look at him for hours). I won't say much in case people haven't watched it or read the books, but I hope it means 1)Alabama 2) Alcide - he may be a jerk at times, but if they get someone even partially close to how he looks in my head then it'll be another fine looking addition to the cast.

NM Trailer- It was amazing. I think the cinematography looks goregeous, so much better than the first. Still not into KStew's version of Bella, but I completely sure the rest of the casts acting will more than make up for it. Can't wait for the Volturi scenes. Charlie as Demetri, so excited :D

Me-ness:
This weekend (starting Friday) was best day evah (have to write it like that, because it was too good for the real spelling) and craziest day ever.
Friday- As I've mentioned I'm on the entertainment board, called DSU, at my school. On Friday we brought in this band called BRENN, they sound like a mash of Muse, U2, and Coldplay. The are unsigned indie band but are legit when it comes to talent and sound. Well, we all (clarify: we girls) saw pics of the band - 4 guys - before they came, but we assumed they wouldn't be as good looking as there pics. We were wrong, they were quite good looking not to mention very nice and funny. We got to hang out with them before and after the show.
After the show they signed CDs and one the guys signed mine and said "I'm going to sign it 'We love u!" because I can speak for all of us" and then I gave him one to sign for my friend Kelly who had to leave early. He asked where she was and I told him she left because she'd been working all day as a lifeguard. He said, "No excuse. I'm going to write her a note." He wrote on her cd "Kelly, Why aren't you here!?" They are all crazy, in the good way, like that.
Then we went out to dinner with them. I took my seat and the lead singer, very cute, came and sat next to me :D I just wanted to sit near the one of the members, so I could easily be part of the conversation, but I got even better. Then the appetizers came and I tried to be nice and move stuff around - b/c the restaurant puts a bunch of junk in the middle - so those of us at our little table (me, Joel (the singer), and Alison) could all reach. But the basket caught my glass of water and, like it was in slow motion, down came the glass and the water spilled down my pant leg and onto the floor between me and Joel. He was cool about it (I don't think it even really got him) and we all laughed - I made the 'fail' face b/c my clutz cover had been blown and now I had to reset my 'days without an accident' countdown.
Later we took a big group picture together. I head towards the middle to hide my wet pant leg, but got pushed to the back where Joel shows up again and stands next to me. We all put our arms around each other so we can scrunch up into the picture and Joel's hand ends up on mine and he says "Am I holding someone's hand?" I answered that he hand was on mine (I swear I was in all these places first - table, picture, hand). And we took the pic and headed our seperate ways. It was such a fun night and I, along with all the other girls on the board, got to be giddy fan girls.

I'm going to save my Saturday story b/c the Friday one was long. But nothing else interesting for now, except my Econ exam kicked my butt.

Be back tomorrow to finish my weekend of adventures story :D
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily