Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread 2

twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

older_twilight_fan wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:Okay. A BIG FAT THANK YOU to all of you who recommended The Submissive. I finally got to start reading it yesterday and read it all in one sitting. DAMN!!!! Yes, please. And thank you very much. :lol: :twisted:

Glad you enjoyed it! Several of us are big fans (myself, Sandy, Erika, Jen, and I think a couple of others).

Just wait until you read The Dominant from Edward's point of view. Raawwwwrrrrrr 8-)!

Yes, let me second Tracy's statement about The Dominant! Holy Crow!!

I finally read the SG&tNG update. So, did I read it correctly that they are now moving on to the new story and SG&tNG is finished?
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ

Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

ForJazz926 wrote:So, I don't like it when writers attempt to pick up the exact same character that someone else wrote, because they ALWAYS fall flat. I liked Wide Awake because it could stand on its own feet. It had its own character development, and someone could have read that withOUT reading Twilight, and been perfectly fine and entertained. I like it when fanfic writers don't try to copy someone else - they make their own characters and their own story. Any recommendations, based on that?
I'm with you there Jazz926. I feel the same way. I tried reading ff while waiting for BD to come out and it was horrible. I just couldn't get into it. Then I stumbled across this thread and lurked. Found Sub and Dom, then WA (I'm still waiting for Chapter 50 too.) and now Virgo. Speaking of which, does it just end at Chapter 22?

I can't remember who asked me how I could read all this at work but pretty much I just sit for about 4 1/2 hours a day. Yesterday I had 2 customers the whole time. I really need to find a new job but nothing has panned out yet and I'm going back to school, so I might as well wait. I think I'm going to have a harder time balance my reading time with everything else. Sleep anyone? :lol:

♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Bewitched~No, Tropic of Virgo is still updating. It has regular updates I think either once a week or every other week, but I haven't really kept track. I have it on my alerts list since I have an account of FFN. Whenever it is finished it will say 'Complete' up at the top with all the other info about it. :D

Trying to finish up reading updates that are sitting in my e-mail, then on to finish reading The Submissive, then move on to The Dominant, and finally Atlas Shrugged. Then....I have even more to read that no one has mentioned yet.

And....has anyone read Dirty Dancing with the Devil Herself? Its on twilighted so you have to-unfortunately-have an account to read anything, but its a great read. Post-Twilight, its a what if of after Edward left Bella. No smut yet but its rated NC-17 (or M) so its bound to at some point. Its still updating and has 14 chapters so far. Here is the author's summery...
JayJayHale wrote:Edward left Bella, forcing his family to stay away from her. Six years onwards, the Cullens are a mess without Bella and Emmett decides to get away from his angry, angst ridden family and let loose. What he finds in the meanest biker bar in Seatle will send shockwaves through his entire family.
I find its humor quite funny and Edward finding out about Bella is priceless. :lol: :D
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed

vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Bewitched I have the same kind of job lol. So I read FF and play on the Lex ALL day. I'll come home and my fiance will be like "so how was the internet" instead of asking how work was lol.

I am very picky about my FF lol. Though I do like AH, they tend to be funnier.

Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Ok, so to keep my self busy since I can't access my email at work, I remembered this after I signed up on Twiligted and went to retreve the password, I started Red Line. I'm reading this very badly. I keep picturing Patrick Swayze when he did that skit on SNL. *hangs head in shame* I need to find a better mental picture cause I can't picture Rob either. I just finshed the chapter where she thought to herself she should become a bank teller. I had to chuckle cause that's what I am. :lol:

Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

I've just finished The Red Line. Loved it! :D :twisted: Stayed up most of last night and all my free time today to get it finished. I'm emotionally and physically drained now - I need to read something easier next time for a break. :)
Member of Rob's Halfway House

twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Fizzles wrote:I've just finished The Red Line. Loved it! :D :twisted: Stayed up most of last night and all my free time today to get it finished. I'm emotionally and physically drained now - I need to read something easier next time for a break. :)
Laura, try The Nymph and the Waterfall. Tons of smut (hee!hee! :twisted: ) and funny too! It'll be a change from The Red Line (which was just AWESOME!!) If anyone is looking for a really good fan-fic, that one is highly recommended!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ

Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I have lost all faith in AG.

Na, but seriously.
This waiting is beeping me off
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart

akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Edward_Addict wrote:Sorry to just jump right in here, but I saw mention of Superbowl chapter and it threw me all into a tizzy. :oops:

Yes, can she PLEASE post that chapter in The Dom, like, soon? I'm dying here! And she really needs to make it up to us since she was on vacation last week. Talk about torture.
Um, for real. She SAID (in one of those interviews I'm lukewarm about) that she brought a notebook & pen. Um... why wouldn't she have written it then? How much more vacationy could a chapter get?? :lol:

Yeah. I can't get addicted to ANY more un-completed fancracks. Seriously.

Jade, dear, the waiting is really sporking hard. But... the payoff! Think of the payoff!!

Image Image Image

older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

akire wrote:
Edward_Addict wrote:Sorry to just jump right in here, but I saw mention of Superbowl chapter and it threw me all into a tizzy. :oops:

Yes, can she PLEASE post that chapter in The Dom, like, soon? I'm dying here! And she really needs to make it up to us since she was on vacation last week. Talk about torture.
Um, for real. She SAID (in one of those interviews I'm lukewarm about) that she brought a notebook & pen. Um... why wouldn't she have written it then? How much more vacationy could a chapter get?? :lol:

Yeah. I can't get addicted to ANY more un-completed fancracks. Seriously.
I'm totally with you, Erika and Edward_Addict (sorry I don't remember your name ;)). Where, oh where is the Super Bowl chapter? Although I like professional football well enough, never will I look at a Super Bowl halftime show the same way again! 8-) i love that tara sue me made the Super Bowl chapter current, by having Bruce Springsteen as the halftime entertainment in her version. And of course Bruce was the actual halftime entertainment at this year's game! :D

I also agree that I cannot get addicted to anymore uncompleted fanfics. I have a written list of fanfics in progress that I keep close to the computer. But there's so many that it's easy to get all these stories confused! :lol:

We're going on vacation next week and I've got to start packing and getting the kids' stuff together. I've promised myself that I will not, in any way, shape, or form, start a brand new fanfic.

Yeah, right....who am I kidding? 8-)
Banner by TammyAZ