Twilight Guys

Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by Twilight<3 »

Okay, I'm going to take a few steps back to go back to the Jacob vs. Edward argument and how someone said Jacob was crossing the line of a taken woman. You must understand, though, Jacob started to like Bella in Twilight but, of course, he didn't make a move. He was much younger than Bella and she did have Edward at that time. But.. when Edward left, can you honestly tell me you blame him for befriending Bella and falling in love with her? Edward was gone and he brought that completely on himself, he accepted it when he got back, too. Jake is young and doesn't fully understand how love works. But hey, who does? Jake has flaws, but so does Edward. Jake's are just more noticable. Most people are just biased against Jacob because they are in love with Edward, they don't give Jake the time of day.

Now, I don't want Jacob and Bella to be together but Jake is probably my favorite character. He made mistakes, but everyone does. He had flaws, but everyone does. But really, I heard that flaws are what make something beautiful. And Jacob knew that Bella loved him, she just couldn't see it. If you knew that, can you seriously tell me you would let that person go? No, of course not. Not without trying anyway, and that's what Jacob did. He tried and he failed... and succeeded. Jake brought Bella to the light but she chose Edward over him. After her decision, Jake backed off and banished himself, trying to run from his pain.

So please, don't not like Jake because "he took someone else's woman" or he's too "whiney." He's not a 107 year old vampire. He's a teenage werewolf who still has a lot to learn. He thought with his heart, rather than with his brain.
#1twi-guy wrote:Twilight and Harry Potter are the best series of books...ever!
Umm :? I'd beg to differ. Haha, you should look into the Mortal Instruments. Harry Potter is awesome but I really don't think Twilight could be considered as one of the best series. Haha, I'm sorry. They are a good story and everything but... well, that's about it.
CantBreathe wrote:I mean Rosalie's a ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch
Aw, come now. Rose is just misunderstood. Everything she ever wanted in life was ripped away from her and she would have to roam through time without that want and need satisfied. It made her a broken woman.

By the way, I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone. I just like debates. ^.^
Houdini
Settled in Forks

Post by Houdini »

#1twi-guy wrote:
Houdini wrote:Im a twilight guy! Also I like Alice a lot. I also call the fictional universe the Bellaverse.
Awesome! Im a twi-guy and I'm like in love with Alice. Haha :D
I love alice too. Me and my cousin are Team Alice! We don't know exactly what that means as a connection to Bella. But that's just what we are.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Twilight<3 wrote:
CantBreathe wrote:I mean Rosalie's a ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch
Aw, come now. Rose is just misunderstood. Everything she ever wanted in life was ripped away from her and she would have to roam through time without that want and need satisfied. It made her a broken woman.

By the way, I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone. I just like debates. ^.^
Oh no I completely agree. I think Rosalie is somewhat justified in her ways. I love her as a character... I'm just not sure I'd want to be in a relationship with her :lol:
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

Twilight<3 wrote:

I like debates too lol, But I'd like to say that just because we understand someone's reasons for being a certain way it doesn't stop the being that way. If you get that. So it's like we know that Jake is really young and immature and acts like a prat because of that - He still acts like a prat, but we understand it.

Though I would agree that Rosalie is misunderstood alot, I still don't like her though because she IS selfish and a whole load of other stuff.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
wheresmyedward?5
Settled in Forks

Post by wheresmyedward?5 »

AgentCross wrote:Hey, I am of course proud to be among the Twilight Guy Ranks. My favorite character is by far Edward. I read through the series vicariously through him. Here's to us all finding our Bella's.
Hey, I am also not a guy, but I love that guys are into the series as well. This is for the "Here's to all us finding our Bellas" guy. I just wanted to thank you for saying that. It is so refreshing to realize that men are out there searching as well.
italiangirl1577
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by italiangirl1577 »

*cautiously peeks in*

I'm not a guy either, but I think its so cool that guys are reading Twilight. I conviced a few of my guy friends to read it and they loved it. They even preordered tickets weeks in advanced for the first showing of the Twilight movie. The guys I got to read them are around 14 or 15 and they actually surprised me with how maturely they handled the part of Breaking Dawn when...well...you know what I'm talking about. ;)
Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Rob »

italiangirl1577 wrote:*cautiously peeks in*

I'm not a guy either, but I think its so cool that guys are reading Twilight. I conviced a few of my guy friends to read it and they loved it. They even preordered tickets weeks in advanced for the first showing of the Twilight movie. The guys I got to read them are around 14 or 15 and they actually surprised me with how maturely they handled the part of Breaking Dawn when...well...you know what I'm talking about. ;)
EVERY guy has a side that loves romance and that good stuff, not every guy is ma enough to admit it.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

So first, you twiguys rock my socks!! :D
Second, today in school a girl blurted out that her boyfriend was reading twilight, which he hadn't told anyone because he was afraid, and all the guys got on his case. I was seriously annoyed, I wanted to punch them and say, "You know why he has a girlfriend? Because Edward and Jacob have rubbed off on him, maybe if you read them you could actually get a girlfriend!!!" I was mad. But I'm quiet and shy so it all just stayed in.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Humbled
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Somewhere in the Appalachia's...............with the bears!

Post by Humbled »

Im a relatively new "Twi-guy". Its nice to see im not alone, I was getting a little concerned. I am the only guy I know thats read the books. It was great to find this thread. Love the story. Understatement.
I have seen where SM caught a lot of flac for Breaking Dawn, but I loved it. My personality made me gravitate toward Edward, immediately. However, I really understood Jacob's character and was thrilled to see how things worked out for everybody. Im waiting for more, I didnt want the story to end.
Every Good Vampire Could Use A Nice Set Of Bunker Gear
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

I'm not a guy either, but I love how guys enjoy Twilight aswell
and are actually matture about it. Some guys would go "Omg, Edward is so gay, why am I going to read that?".
It annoys me.

Loved all your comments, it shows a more sensitive side of guys that nowdays is kind of hard to see, or even find in a guy.

Good luck all of you in finding your Bella while the rest of us girls try to find Edward..