Twilight Guys

Jazz1124
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by Jazz1124 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm

nihilance wrote:First post :D

I'll admit that I read the twilight series purely so that I could critique them. I think it to be the pinnacle of sophistry to have an opinion on something you haven't experienced.

To be frank, my original motivations have not changed much, even after completing the saga. My girlfriend is rather enamored with them, so I tend to keep my opinions to myself.

:D
Yeah, you were obviously totally objective once you finished the series, given that you took the time to join a Twilight fan-site... :roll:

If you really were just going for a critique...reading just Twilight probably would have sufficed...but your secret is safe with me ;)

Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Rob » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:43 pm

Malekk wrote:
Hello I'm one of the new guys. I saw the movie first, which I was told was the wrong thing to do. But I enjoyed the movie so much that I went ahead and read all the books and now I'm hooked.
Well thats surprising. I liked both the movie and the book, but for different reasons :P
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31

nihilance
Settled in Forks

Post by nihilance » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:41 am

Jazz1124 wrote:

I'll admit that I read the twilight series purely so that I could critique them. I think it to be the pinnacle of sophistry to have an opinion on something you haven't experienced.

To be frank, my original motivations have not changed much, even after completing the saga. My girlfriend is rather enamored with them, so I tend to keep my opinions to myself.

Yeah, you were obviously totally objective once you finished the series, given that you took the time to join a Twilight fan-site... :roll:

If you really were just going for a critique...reading just Twilight probably would have sufficed...but your secret is safe with me ;)
Were it not for the rather draconian policies in effect here, I would be a bit more outspoken about my views. Seeing as doing so hinders my goal of observing the most hardcore of the fansites, there is no reason for me to be as caustic as I could be.
I am not going to be liked here. I personally estimate my longevity here will be measured in hours.

I simply find it amusing that there are white-supremacist forums with more freedoms than this place.

Nice layout and design though :D

Ard Rhys69
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Ard Rhys69 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:15 am

nihilance wrote:Were it not for the rather draconian policies in effect here, I would be a bit more outspoken about my views. Seeing as doing so hinders my goal of observing the most hardcore of the fansites, there is no reason for me to be as caustic as I could be.
I don't quite understand where you get Draconian Policies from, but I for one would love to know what your opinions are, because I myself am a Twi-Guy. And I would love to have an educated discussion with someone who is in the dissenting percentage of the members here at the Lexicon. But I can understand why you would want to keep your opinions to yourself, if your goal is merely to observe. Feel free to PM me your opinions, if you would like.
Is officially wearing foolinthemoon's "Hero Button"
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4736612/1/Victorias_Hunt

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:16 pm

Ard Rhys69 wrote:
nihilance wrote:Were it not for the rather draconian policies in effect here, I would be a bit more outspoken about my views. Seeing as doing so hinders my goal of observing the most hardcore of the fansites, there is no reason for me to be as caustic as I could be.
I don't quite understand where you get Draconian Policies from, but I for one would love to know what your opinions are, because I myself am a Twi-Guy. And I would love to have an educated discussion with someone who is in the dissenting percentage of the members here at the Lexicon. But I can understand why you would want to keep your opinions to yourself, if your goal is merely to observe. Feel free to PM me your opinions, if you would like.
Yeah, I don't get what you mean about the "draconian policies" either. So we keep it PG-13 because there's younger people on this site. I'm so glad they do there is enough garbage on the internet, I'm glad I don't have to worry about this site being one of them.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com

Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Brella » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:16 pm

nihilance wrote:
Jazz1124 wrote:

Were it not for the rather draconian policies in effect here, I would be a bit more outspoken about my views. Seeing as doing so hinders my goal of observing the most hardcore of the fansites, there is no reason for me to be as caustic as I could be.
Which policies do you feel fall under the heading of "drconian policies"? Just curious, as i do agree with Debussygirl in that there are ceartain aspscts of society (ie. profanity) that do not belong on here but I don't believe that is what you are referring too. So I am wondering what is it that you want to discuss in which the mods will not allow you to discuss?
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth

The Architect
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by The Architect » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:28 pm

Attention**** much?
mate, you got your attention, now run along and let us enjoy our books in peace. I for ONE do not come to a fansite to find people who wish to insult them. Now I do recognize your to the letter style, You will play by the rules but barely. But I do request you go to a book review site or someother such location to be more vocal about your hate for the series and leave us to enjoy them.

Thank You
TA
What If I'm The Bad Guy?

WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:49 pm

Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata

essence of black
Settled in Forks

Post by essence of black » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:47 am

hey there, yet another twilight guy reporting.

i absolutely love the books, witch is odd as i usually hate romance novels. (i suppose its just the whole vamp wolf thing that i like )

my fav character has to be Jake or Seth, most likely Jake as i empathize well with his situation pre renesme.

so yeh, hi

#1twi-guy
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by #1twi-guy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:31 pm

Right...and you made an account on the lexicon, why?
LAME! Come on you don't have to hide your true feelings!
We all know you worship the books :lol:

The original twi-guy.
While people obsess over Edward, I have a thing for Alice. Hehe