Twilight Guys

Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by Persephonie »

I don't believe in Edward manipulating Bella at all, because if she had really chosen Jacob in the end, he would have walked away. He told Jacob that, and he told Bella that and he was honest about it.

He loves her so purely, that her happiness means everything to him, and if that is with someone else, then so be it. There was no doubt at this point that Jacob could keep her safe, which was Edward's primary concern... and that she would not become a vampire, which was his second concern.
Tamalyn

Post by Tamalyn »

Adam wrote:Do you think that Jake is on target when he suggests (after he has tricked Bella into asking him to kiss her) that Edward is manipulating her by not reacting more severely, in which case she'd be stuck between two manipulators of varying degrees of deftness?
That's a great question! I'm not sure. I think that it may have occured to Ed that not pressuring Bella would make Jake seem like the bad guy. However, I don't think that that is the reason he did what he did; he did it because he wanted to do what he felt was in the best interest of Bella's state of mind.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Adam wrote:Do you think that Jake is on target when he suggests (after he has tricked Bella into asking him to kiss her) that Edward is manipulating her by not reacting more severely, in which case she'd be stuck between two manipulators of varying degrees of deftness?
Ooooh, tough question. I honestly don't think Edward was trying to manipulate Bella by not reacting more severely. I think he was trying to protect her (that's not quite the right word) and not punish her for something that isn't her fault. Edward loves Bella, and that's why he wouldn't react more severely, and he knows she loved Jake, too.
I was really angry at Jacob when he did that, by the way. :x
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Tamalyn

Post by Tamalyn »

Twilight guys, where have you gone? I miss your witticisms and perspective! Also, I have a question - How many of you are planning on seeing the movie in the theaters, and who are you going with? The only people I've talked to who are uber excited about the premiere are my female friends, but then again, I haven't asked you, my panel of awesome testosterone-filled twilighters yet. :D
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

they have branched out in different places that felt homey
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Tamalyn

Post by Tamalyn »

spookybell wrote:they have branched out in different places that felt homey
Sad. :|
Adam

Post by Adam »

^Don't despair.

I'm planning on seeing the film in the theatre when it opens. I'll probably go w/ Ren and possibly some others that she knows who live in Arizona. We'll see.

I was thinking that there should be plenty of guys showing up to see this, but then at the last film I saw which was Eagle Eye, I watched the trailer and thought that had I not read the books, the trailer alone might not be enough to lure me to the cinema. Regardless, I'm still exited to see it.
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

I wanted to tell all of you something:
I've been walking around school and I've seen a few guys holding twilight. I think I told you guys that if I seen guy reading that, I would probably fall in love with them? not to be too harsh, but I might have to take it back. all of them I seen reading it looked... well... not like an Edward at all. Don't think I'm a shallow person though because I try not to be. so, let me rephrase what I said earlier: "if I seen any cute guy reading twilight, I would fall completely, and endlessly in love with them"
there we go. lmao :lol:
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
Adam

Post by Adam »

^AAAAAHAHA!
So you would'nt fall head over heels for a total loser just because he read twilight? You shallow girl, you. :lol:
Seriously though, you must qualify those blanket statements to some degree.
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

Adam wrote:^AAAAAHAHA!
So you would'nt fall head over heels for a total loser just because he read twilight? You shallow girl, you. :lol:
Seriously though, you must qualify those blanket statements to some degree.
:shock: lol
I don't mean to be shallow! I can't explain myself right... I sound terrible :oops: haha
I would have to think about it a little more I guess but so far, I wouldn't date the kids I've seen
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3