Twilight Guys

Locked
Dylan
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by Dylan »

Spartan wrote:*Girl Question here*
I know this might be wierd but I have to ask - Did any of you (Straight) guys find yourself a tad sexually confused when reading Twilight? lol
It's just being a young woman I don't see how anyone can read Twilight and not have the tiniest bit of sexual interest in Edward because SM writes it so well.
Please reply to this because I really want to know. :D
I am not attracted sexualy or ever to edward while i was reading the novels... I dont know how any of the other guys felt but it seemed to me that I was more attracted to bella probably due to that fact that she loved edward so much rather than attracted to edward through her thoughts... I hope that makes sense because when I read it I understand what I am trying to say but I dont know if anyone else will :?
Got A Draft, I would love to read it!
Searching for the a girl that will laugh at every stupid joke I tell. Who I want to hold until the end of time. The girl who I can call mine and who will call me her's... she is out there... I know...
-Dylan
Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by Adam »

Hmmm...ok. Very fascinating question. I have to say the thought never occured to me to be sexually confused by SM's description of Edward. This kind of makes me laugh actually. For the sake of discussion, if it were possible for a writer to make me want to go gay for one of their characters, I can't begin to imagine what they would have to write in order to accomplish such a miracle. If one is genuinely straight it just doesn't work that way IMHO.
Image
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:51 am
Location: TX

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by lag28wa »

Hello Twilight Guys! *waves* Just wanted to say Kudos to you for your taste in literature! Always enjoy another perspective as well! Don't be shy!

Ps- Dylan I understood what you were trying to say.

How do Twilight guys feel about Bella? Do you think she's attractive? Both physically and personality wise? Is she someone you could see yourself dating, or wanting to date? Bella was a very normal/down to earth person, but not ugly, that's supposed to be attractive in this day and age, like we're moving away from Hollywood stereo types no?

Just curious.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Image
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
icefire6182
Settled in Forks
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by icefire6182 »

First off I want to say hello.
I'm a Twilight Guy too. And honestly, I'm upsessed. Jacob is my favorite character by far, but Jasper is a close second.
Now you asked would I date Bella. I probably wouldn't. Not that I hate her but she seems so easy to control and she seems to have a hard time picking guys (Eclipse) But then again...
I'm not sure. I'd have to think about that one :geek:
EdwardNJessi
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:51 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by EdwardNJessi »

icefire6182 wrote:First off I want to say hello.
I'm a Twilight Guy too. And honestly, I'm upsessed. Jacob is my favorite character by far, but Jasper is a close second.
Now you asked would I date Bella. I probably wouldn't. Not that I hate her but she seems so easy to control and she seems to have a hard time picking guys (Eclipse) But then again...
I'm not sure. I'd have to think about that one :geek:
That's an interesting take on why you wouldn't date Bella! From a girl's perspective, she also seemed a little easy to control. I felt like it was only when Bella started to stand up for herself and take control that she really BECAME who she truly meant to be.

My question for you icefire...would you rather date Bella toward the end of the series or at the beginning??? I feel that she had changed so much!

-Jess
xoxo
Image
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:17 pm

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by Twilight<3 »

Spartan wrote:*Girl Question here*
I know this might be wierd but I have to ask - Did any of you (Straight) guys find yourself a tad sexually confused when reading Twilight? lol
It's just being a young woman I don't see how anyone can read Twilight and not have the tiniest bit of sexual interest in Edward because SM writes it so well.
Please reply to this because I really want to know. :D
Haha, okay, that's like asking us girls if we are sexually attracted to Rosalie while reading the book. What do you think the answer will be?

Oh, that's a good question Jess. On whether they would date Bella in the beginning of the series or the end.

Were you attracted to any other girls in the series? If so, which ones?
Image
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:46 pm
Location: Looking for my Mercedes Guardian

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by Spartan »

Twilight<3 wrote:
Spartan wrote:*Girl Question here*
I know this might be wierd but I have to ask - Did any of you (Straight) guys find yourself a tad sexually confused when reading Twilight? lol
It's just being a young woman I don't see how anyone can read Twilight and not have the tiniest bit of sexual interest in Edward because SM writes it so well.
Please reply to this because I really want to know. :D
Haha, okay, that's like asking us girls if we are sexually attracted to Rosalie while reading the book. What do you think the answer will be?

Oh, that's a good question Jess. On whether they would date Bella in the beginning of the series or the end.

Were you attracted to any other girls in the series? If so, which ones?
Sorry to be taking up the Guy thread lol.

Well I thought it was a fair question lol - SM goes into way more detail about Edward I mean the bit in the clearing!! Every girl who read that bit must have thought OMG OMG I Love Him! at that point. : P
But I see your point.

I think that most girls ( if they were boys ) would chose Bella at the Start because at the end she's so surreal ( <not the right word) and i dunno - powerful that she just seems unreachable. But thats just my girly opinion so not really much use in this thread lol.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
EdwardNJessi
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:51 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by EdwardNJessi »

Spartan wrote:
Twilight<3 wrote:
Spartan wrote:*Girl Question here*
I know this might be wierd but I have to ask - Did any of you (Straight) guys find yourself a tad sexually confused when reading Twilight? lol
It's just being a young woman I don't see how anyone can read Twilight and not have the tiniest bit of sexual interest in Edward because SM writes it so well.
Please reply to this because I really want to know. :D
Haha, okay, that's like asking us girls if we are sexually attracted to Rosalie while reading the book. What do you think the answer will be?

Oh, that's a good question Jess. On whether they would date Bella in the beginning of the series or the end.

Were you attracted to any other girls in the series? If so, which ones?
Sorry to be taking up the Guy thread lol.

Well I thought it was a fair question lol - SM goes into way more detail about Edward I mean the bit in the clearing!! Every girl who read that bit must have thought OMG OMG I Love Him! at that point. : P
But I see your point.

I think that most girls ( if they were boys ) would chose Bella at the Start because at the end she's so surreal ( <not the right word) and i dunno - powerful that she just seems unreachable. But thats just my girly opinion so not really much use in this thread lol.

Yeah...I agree Spartan, I think that the Bella at the end of the novel would be way too intimidating for most 16-18 year old guys!
Image
draco117
Settled in Forks
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:40 am

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by draco117 »

Both Bellas appeal to me (a new twilight guy :) ) because I wanted to cuddle and hug the starting Bella, but I also am a firm believer that women are the stronger sex, so I was also attracted to her when she became the stronger her. And yes, I am a straight guy, but there is something sexually attractive about vampires...no matter what sex they are. SM did such a great job, that I teared up when Edward left . and my heart fluttered when he returned.
icefire6182
Settled in Forks
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by icefire6182 »

EdwardNJessi wrote:
icefire6182 wrote:First off I want to say hello.
I'm a Twilight Guy too. And honestly, I'm upsessed. Jacob is my favorite character by far, but Jasper is a close second.
Now you asked would I date Bella. I probably wouldn't. Not that I hate her but she seems so easy to control and she seems to have a hard time picking guys (Eclipse) But then again...
I'm not sure. I'd have to think about that one :geek:
That's an interesting take on why you wouldn't date Bella! From a girl's perspective, she also seemed a little easy to control. I felt like it was only when Bella started to stand up for herself and take control that she really BECAME who she truly meant to be.

My question for you icefire...would you rather date Bella toward the end of the series or at the beginning??? I feel that she had changed so much!

-Jess
xoxo
That was a really good question. Definatly at the end, she is more self-opinionated at the end about a lot of things. Like I have a feeling if she hadn't been known to the Vampire world for long and somehow got pregnant she would listen to Edward and get rid of it but then she is a lot more...I don't know...better in the end :)
Locked