Twilight Guys

everlong
Learning to Love Green

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by everlong »

I tried to get my ex bf to read them but he acted if he was too cool to do that. Needless to say he is my Ex now haha

I do hope I meet a boy who reads twilight one day, i would seriously have a heart-attack. :lol:
Guys who read twilight = HOT
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I know a good handful of guys that read Twilight. I find out that they don't like to admit it though. I love it. Guys who can read Twilight & admit it = hot guy! And even if they are not "hot" guys, they are incredibly cool and that's all that matters.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

Adam wrote:
Well, he wants to see the film, that's at least something. Perhaps seeing the movie will influence him to want to read the books. It might help if you mention (after the movie) that the book was much better, regardless of how good the film really was.

As for your brother... that is tough. One thing not to do would be constantly nag him. It will only discourage him from reading. I know it sound obvious, but after my mother ignored my polite recommendation of the book, even I am tempted to say more. What gives? A woman not being interested in Twilight!? The mere concept threatens my grip on reality.
Good luck, anyway.
Those are very good ideas. I've only mentioned the series to my little brother once saying how I'd offically become obsessed and thought he'd really enjoy the series. We're both big "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fans, so I know his likes and dislikes pretty well. He should know I wouldn't recommend something to him unless I knew he'd like it. I definitely know my little brother's personality. He would not respond to nagging. I'm glad you make polite suggestions. I know I'm guilty of occasionally not doing that, but I try to just say a couple of sentences and recommend it. Thanks for the help. I'm sure your ideas will help persuade him! :D
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Adam »

^Wow, I'd say after reading your post that your brother definitely has potential. I was not even particularly fond of Buffy, so that is a check in his favor. Also, it is a huge plus that he trusts your recommendations. That is how my niece got me to read the books.
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

Adam wrote:^Wow, I'd say after reading your post that your brother definitely has potential. I was not even particularly fond of Buffy, so that is a check in his favor. Also, it is a huge plus that he trusts your recommendations. That is how my niece got me to read the books.
I'm hoping to convince him. He used to hate reading, but since he's been out-to-sea for so long, he has started to get into reading. The poor boy is left without entertaiment so much during his free time. I'm sure he could use something to occupy his time occasionally. I didn't initally like Twilight. I got through 150 pages and almost stopped reading it. I kept thinking, "Why did amazon.com call this the best book of the decade? Enough with the romance! I get it! They're in love!" But my friend had recommended the series to me so fervently (plus, I had already purchased the books) that I decided to keep reading. By page 200 I couldn't put the book down. I read the entire series in 5 days (much to the amusement of everyone around me). I will have to make that little disclaimer to my little brother when I talk to him next. I'll just tell hims to "stick-it-out" through the romance part and that it gets really good. Did you feel that way about the romantic angles to the story? I know a lot of guys hate Edward in the story. Do you feel that way?
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
Adam

Post by Adam »

^That's funny. You've almost perfectly described my initial reaction to Twilight when I began reading. The romantic component of the story did'nt bother me, neither did Edward, only Bella's repeated descriptions of his gorgeousness became a bit tedious. Although, once the nomads appeared I became very engrossed in the story, and finished the remaining books within about a week.
I realize that guys who like Edward in the story are in the minority, but I am proud to be among them. I actually found it quite natural to understand his actions. Had I been in his place, I'd have done alot of things the same, but other things differently. Jake, on the other hand, was the guy I caught myself getting pissed at.
Is your brother on deployment in the Navy or something?
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

Adam wrote:^That's funny. You've almost perfectly described my initial reaction to Twilight when I began reading. The romantic component of the story did'nt bother me, neither did Edward, only Bella's repeated descriptions of his gorgeousness became a bit tedious. Although, once the nomads appeared I became very engrossed in the story, and finished the remaining books within about a week.
I realize that guys who like Edward in the story are in the minority, but I am proud to be among them. I actually found it quite natural to understand his actions. Had I been in his place, I'd have done alot of things the same, but other things differently. Jake, on the other hand, was the guy I caught myself getting pissed at.
Is your brother on deployment in the Navy or something?
Yes, Bella's initial infatuation with Edward's beauty did get a bit tiresome. I thought the "dazzling" was funny, but I'd had enough. The nomads arrival is what sucked me into the story as well. If the book had continued-on with just Forks and the Cullens, I'm sure I would have stopped the series.

I'm glad you like Edward. Most of the guys believe that Edward sets an unobtainable set of standards that women judge guys again. I understand that, but don't find it as an absolute truth. I have met some guys that agree with you that they identify with Edward's passion for protecting Bella. I did get pissed a Jake frequently as well. I'm glad to hear at least one guy say that. Most guys I know root for Jacob because they like to think that a girl could choose the "underdog." *laughs at unintended pun* Get it? Underdog... Jacob's a werewolf. :lol:

My little brother is on his second tour of duty in the Navy. The poor kid will be gone for the holidays again this year. I feel so bad for him. That's part of the reason I think he should have something to occupy his free time. Knowing him, he'd sit there and mope... well, not mope, but regret not being home for the holidays.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
Tamalyn

Post by Tamalyn »

Your brother being enlisted in the Navy, and your quest to have him read the books, made me think of one of our very own Twilightguys, Dan! Here's the link to his greeting thread:

http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... d&start=20

I love his descriptions of what it looked like when he got everyone else to read them, too. Enjoy! Also, maybe you could ask him for tips as well.
Adam

Post by Adam »

^ woah. That is cool. I can't believe that Dan got his army bros to read Twilight. Here I was trying to guess how much flack SC's little brother would get from being seen holding the book on his ship.
I've been overseas for the holidays too, (not military related) it does suck. I think sending him the book for comfort alone is a great idea.
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Adam wrote:What gives? A woman not being interested in Twilight!? The mere concept threatens my grip on reality.
Good luck, anyway.
I'm offended... and tempted to say:

"What gives? A self-respecting male being interested in Twilight!? The mere concept threatens my grip on reality."
But I shan't, because that would be rude. My friend Adam likes Twilight, but he only read it because I was obsessed with it for two years. By the time he got around to it, though, I'd gotten over my sugar-rush and realized it was a total crash-and-burn-fail.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj