Twilight Guys

Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by Adam »

Shakespeare wrote: From a guy's perspective, what do you think of Bella? What do you think Edward sees in her?
Well, Its no secret around here that Bella annoys me at certain points throughout the series, but I think the reason that I like her is because of the way she feels about Edward. OK, I'm not saying Edward is perfect, but I relate to him. Among many other reasons, because I understand his tendancy to think the worst of himself. I think that part of why he is drawn to Bella is because she always thinks the best of him. They make each other better.
This is just one thought. I could go on, but I don't even know why I'm awake right now, much less sitting at my computer. Goodnight(morning).
#1twi-guy

Post by #1twi-guy »

Ugh. So obviously some people havent grasped the concept that guys could read the saga!
Today I was in Borders and although I read all of them, I always go to the Twilight section (pretty much the whole store) and skim through and read my favorite parts.
Well while I was reading a part of Breaking Dawn (the feather scene of course...lol) these two guys were like:
*cough*nerd*cough*
I was like, oh how very mature. It pleasures me that the world is full of mature people. :roll:
Well anyways they kept hasseling me!
Like one of them walked by and literally farted. Then they ran away laughing. Wow. I was disgusted.
But then, I had a revalation!
"I'm proud to be a twi-guy"
And then I started singing that "Proud to be an american" tune, but with the twi-guy put in.
Hahahaha.

So anyways, yes.
I am proud to be the #1 twi-guy!
:D

The original twi-guy.
While people obsess over Edward, I have a thing for Alice. Hehe
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

#1twi-guy wrote:Ugh. So obviously some people havent grasped the concept that guys could read the saga!
Today I was in Borders and although I read all of them, I always go to the Twilight section (pretty much the whole store) and skim through and read my favorite parts.
Well while I was reading a part of Breaking Dawn (the feather scene of course...lol) these two guys were like:
*cough*nerd*cough*
I was like, oh how very mature. It pleasures me that the world is full of mature people. :roll:
Like one of them walked by and literally farted. Then they ran away laughing. Wow. I was disgusted.
And then I started singing that "Proud to be an american" tune, but with the twi-guy put in.
Hahahaha.

So anyways, yes.

Kudos to you!!! I hate it when people are stupid and rude!!
They'd probably like Twilight if they gave it a chance instead of automatically labeling it chick-lit.
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

#1twi-guy wrote:Ugh. So obviously some people havent grasped the concept that guys could read the saga!
*cough*nerd*cough*
Hahahaha.

So anyways, yes.
BRAVO! :D :D :D

I am so happy you're a proud Twi-Guy! It has bothered me when I ask guys, "Have you read the series?" and they say that they don't read "chick novels." I've convinced a couple of guys I know to read the series and they love it! I keep telling the guys I know that the beginning of the first book is kind of annoying will all the romance and talk of Edward's beauty, but that the novels themselves are amazing. I'm glad you're one guy who doesn't hide in his closet and read the books! People can be so immature that it is borderline criminal. :roll: I love the fact that you sang that little song! I'm going to have to tell people about it. Maybe we can get a chorus of it going when we are sitting in line for the midnight showing of the film's release! By the way... I love the feather scene too. ;)
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
rapidheartbeat<3twi

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

I commend all Twi-guys for being mature! I was talking to two former classmates (who are total morons) and they hold the belief that the books are only for 'chicks.' This one idiot was talking about this discussion he had in his English class about who would win a fight, Chuck Norris or a vampire. I was like, "Come on you guys! First of all, chuck norris isn't the coolest thing, second, vampires aren't even real, third . . . Vampires would so win!" I love you Twi-Guys!!!!
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

I don't understand why some guys are so immature about Twilight because in my opinion, literature is universal no matter what the book is about or who the protagonist is. Even though I wouldn't say that the Twilight Saga is finest of literature, it still has its value to everyone who reads it. Just because guys today cannot be civilized and mature about books. I mean I don't think girls turn away books because they are labeled as a "guy" book. So kudos to all the mature & twilight-loving guys on this forum =D
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

aimee_xbella wrote:I don't understand why some guys are so immature about Twilight because in my opinion, literature is universal no matter what the book is about or who the protagonist is.
Yeh - But you see the main point is that guys take so much longer ( in general ) to mature than girls and an awful lot of the people who've read these books are teenagers and few teenage boys would have the balls to read a "girly" book
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

Spartan wrote:
aimee_xbella wrote:I don't understand why some guys are so immature about Twilight because in my opinion, literature is universal no matter what the book is about or who the protagonist is.
Yeh - But you see the main point is that guys take so much longer ( in general ) to mature than girls and an awful lot of the people who've read these books are teenagers and few teenage boys would have the balls to read a "girly" book
Haha good point. But still, the world would be a much better place if all guys are like Edward. It's unfortunate that they aren't, oh well =).
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

If they were then we'd have loads of freaky hybrids running around
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

I wouldn't mind that, I love Renesmee :)