Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House

Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House

Post by Jadey »

NO! NO! Too short. Waaay too short. TOO SHORT. At LEAST 2 and a half. Common. It's shorter than Twilight... and they could've added so much more.

Not happy.
Not happy AT ALL.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

Hi Ladies! Sorry for the extended absence. How is everyone doing? Any fun news that I've missed?

I see that New Moon is 2h02m. I don't know that I think that's too short yet. The only reason the Twilight movie felt too short was because they cut out all the worthwhile bits! It's quality not quantity. And the first one definitely didn't have enough of the former. blah. Hopefully this one will make up for it?

So, I don't have a super good excuse for missing all your fun craziness. But for the past few days at least I've been preoccupied with wedding dress shopping. And I just bought one today! Ack! Totally the most fun part of a wedding (well, aside from the wedding itself I guess) and it only took me 2.5 days to find the dress. *sigh*
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Yeh, true.. quality is more important. But I still feel that it's too short..
I guess a lot of New Moon is just Bella being depressed.. and thats not necessary for the movie.. so if you cut that out, and only the important crap.. 2 hours is reasonable.. but I don't want a quick pace.
I just.. don't like it.
It better be a damn good movie.

Omg gratz on the dress moon sidhe. Its good that you found one... it's better than not finding one at all :twisted:
Last edited by Jadey on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

Yeah, I mean technically Rob is gone for most of the book, right? So if it's 2h02m filled with mostly Jake and not Edward.... I dunno. It starts feeling long to me. lol.

Edit - I just realized I used Rob's name interchangeably with Edward's. Woopsies! haha.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Hi!
My list...I don't have time to think of 5 people...But Rob of course, Johnny Depp.I can add Jackson in there too. He's got a nice tattoo ;)

Jade ~ I think 2h 2m is a bit in the short side too. It was pretty much what I expected though.

Sarah ~ Welcome back! I do agree that quality is most important. Twilight could have been shorter if it just skipped the un-necessary parts (like trees :evil: ) and focused on the important events in the book.

********Spoiler Unmentionable Document***********
Kristiner & Caryn~ So I guess this is refering to the part in the unmentionable document where Jacob gives Bella a birthday present? You're right Kristiner, it is a dreamcatcher. And I thought it was silly and un-necessary and that Jacob should stay away in that part of the story. They weren't even close friends at that point. It's not a big deal, but I still think it would be better left out.
**********End spoilers************

Rain...yesterday it rained so much that we even lost our electricity. And it went pitch black since Norway is very dark this time of year. But it came back after about 15 minutes. Just when I had managed to stumble through the house in the dark and light lots of candles :lol: I almost wanted to turn the light off again since it was so nice with the candles.

I just got an e-mail now saying that my copy of the NM companion is posted today and that I'll have it in my mailbox in about 2 days :D I am so so excited about that.
JulieM~ I know I'll look in mine. I admire people who have the strength to resist, but I don't.
Sorry for everything I haven't commented on. *waves to everyone else*
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

OMG to wake up on hump day to be just humped out on my sig.
Kristina- I just don't know if I can have a manic on my Sig. Wow thats a bummer. :( But the one with Rob drunk he still is beautiful drunk and sober. :D
Please take a look at this one again because I can't till if its a manip or not. I am going to need help in know what is real and what is not. I don't want any manips on my NM video. STRESSSSS
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/photo ... ext=latest
Anyway have to go and watch these sweeties and I know its not a manip. http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/photo ... bum%3A1098

My day is crushed that I can't tell the differenct and I was just kidding Jade about Rob. I love that pic and he does look so HOT!!!!
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/photo ... bum%3A1098
He's just asking for a ride a ride home :lol: :lol:
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Goooooooood Morning Halfway House!!!!

Happy Hump Day

So, I was up late last night devouring my Illustrated movie companion. Girls who already have it, chime in with me on this one. Seeing the scans online is NOTHING compared to flipping through and hitting some of those pictures. I swear, as I was flipping through and I came to the one of Edward on the ground in the Volturi Hall, I seriously was like, "NO!!" It hurt just to see the picture. Trust me, friends, the degree of RobBeauty in some of these pictures, A-Fracking-Mazing. The scans DO NOT do them justice.

Plus, I will tell you, reading some of Rob's quotes, about the book, the film and about Edward, it just shows how deeply Rob understands Edward and what is going on. It is fantastic to read.

Though, like I said, there were so many times when they'd talk about how detailed they were bing in sticking to certain elements of the physical location or certain items, how important they were taking their responsibility to the fans of the saga to get things right. They tell the whole story (and I remember this happening back in April!!) about a still of Jake's rabbit getting out but it was the wrong color and they went back and fixed it. And yet, again, we end up with Edward Anthony Masen Cullen driving the soccer-mom-mobile!!! Ummmmm, seriously, if you want to talk details that are going to piss fans off, changing the vehicle that is the first elemental contact between Bella and Edward, changing what is essentially a key character piece of Edward's and is even an iconic image (and line) from both the books AND the movie. Gee, Chris, I think you missed one of those precious details. (Sorry kids, this one just sticks in my craw, ESPECIALLY when they were soooo fracking worried about Jacob's stupid Rabbit which is barely mentioned other than as a mode of transportation!!)

It was really cool to see and read about some behind the scenes stuff, see the discussion that took place about some things, and also get some reassurance about how involved SM was, which did make me feel better.

I will say, I found out something about the end confrontation with the Volturi that literally stopped my heart... NewMoonSpoilerage ... Apparently, they decided they wanted to show Edward's humanity and vulnerability in the fight, show that he isn't a superero, but a normal man whose been given extraordinary gifts, but still a normal man. So.... during the fight, he is apparently visably injured. According the TIMC, his face cracks :o :shock: :cry: The injury heals immediately, demonstrating the healing properties of vampire venom that is in their veins. But stilll....... I read that and I was like NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I can't see my Edward hurt!!! (and of course a part of me was like...NOT THE FACE!!!!!!)

Seriously, I am NOT making it through this movie. Just looking at the production and movie stills just about killed me. I am going to be a mess.... I can't wait.

Kristiner~ Yes, that is the gift he gives her. There is a detailed picture and description of it, as well as why they decided to put it in there as far as plot and the choice of the gift. It makes a lot of sense. But, I am with Trine, I don't like that they push Jake on us any earlier than they have to.

And, yes, I went back and checked the unmentionable document... it seems that, at least that piece follows that. Which is starting to make me more and more nervous. But, again, I am withholding judgement. I am pretty sure it will end up much like Twilight for me. I absolutely love the movie adaptation of Twilight. Despite the issues I have with CH and particularly MR, the movie itself is everything I wanted; an actual visual coming to life of the book and the characters, with some elements added in to increase the commercial appeal. Yes there are scenes and things that I don't understand what the hell CH smoked that mornign(slow camera twirl in the meadow anyone; seriously I think she was toking WHILE filming that scene) or MR was thinking in terms of placement or changes(how exactly do you have the pivotal meadow scene without the dialogue that makes it the pivotal scene and exactly how do you leave out of the film the ONE SINGLE LINE OF DIALOGUE that EVERY fan identifies the series by!!) . But, overall, I absolutely love everything about the movie. I think this one will be the same. There will be moments when I nash my teeth or look on and think HUH? But, the power of Rob's and Kristen's acting, and the story itself will dull those moments to a dull quick twitch in my eye.

Trine~ *claps for Trine* It is a fantastic read. Enjoy. I am happy for everyone who caved and sad for those of you trying to hold out. I could never do it.

Sarah~ 2.5 days!!! It took me 2.5 weeks and I still wasn't 100% satisfied, but I went with $750 cheaper and 95% satisfied. It worked for me.

Tracy~ Hahahaha. I WAS the squeeing fangirl. I walked in at around 11:30 am and immediately went to the TwilightTable. It was not out. They had the Twilight IMC, but no New Moon. So, I checked the YA area...no luck. Well, straight to the desk for me. The clerk looked at me like I'd lost my mind. Then he called back and asked for them to bring the cart up. The woman behind me was picking up a magazine for her daughter. When I asked for The NM IMC, she almost yelled, "What's That!?!" I explained. She asks for two copies; one for her and one for the daughter. She is Team Edward, her daughter is Team Jacob. She flips to the pic of Bella and Edward standing in class, RobWard laughing...."Really, how can you pick such a boy when you are looking at THAT!!" Testify Sista!!!!

Moon Running Time~ According to the IMC, the original cut of the movie was almost three hours. I shudder to think of everything they had to edit to get it down to 2:02!! Of course, Wyck Godfries comment was, "Oh every fan out there is like 3 plus hours of Edward, Jacob and Bella, that would be heaven. But, the pacing was off and it was just too much. We're confident we can get it closer to two and keep all the wonderful elements." So, I was thinking 2:30 or somewhere in that neighborhood. How how how do you cut out a full hour??? *crosses fingers and prays to Cullens*

Wow, I ramble a lot...

Oh well, heart you all...
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Caryn - OMG I KNOW RIGHT!! I haven't read the whole NM companion just yet, but looking at some of those pictures I was like *thump* <----me falling over on practically each one. :lol: And the way they described the color scheme of the film..being warm because this book is mainly about Jacob and Bella's developing relationship..I was like, "Oh man..CW, you are my hero.."

And..I have decided that if there are still tickets available, I am going to see the midnight showing..I am getting so jazzed up about it now that it is right around the corner..I can't stand the thought of being at home on the evening it comes out while everyone is soaking in the NM goodness. So..I am hoping there are still tickets being sold for the midnight showing..if not, that is my fault because good things come to those who wait but not for those who wait too late.

EDIT: This is random, but I totally did not realize that I was "touched by cold hands." :lol:

Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Hello guys!

Just stopping by Rob's Halfway House to remind you about our banner size rules:

Signatures must be 200px TALL at the most. (Banners, words, whatever the total sig. you can't have six banners each 200 high!)

For you non-tech people that's 2 inches by 2 inches or 2 inches high. Hold a ruler up to the screen if you have to.

If you have anything more than this, a mod at the lexicon may choose to send you a PM. If you receive a PM and do not change it in a week, an admin will be forced to remove your avatar or sig and replace it with an ugly banner.

Your banners are beautiful and are ok in size, the problem is that you either have 2 or more, which makes your overall signature allowance to go over the size permitted.
I trust that you guys can help us keep the boards neat and clean, and that you can also set a good example to all newcomers by following our posting rules.

Thank you!

Nena
Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

Hi Everyone

Got back from a couple of days in Dublin. Was at our Q4 conference yesterday. Boy, it was a long day. Up at 6am, meeting all day, team building event of making our own movie, drinks, dinner, more talking. Didn’t actually finish till 11.30pm last night. Then they supplied drinks afterwards and a bit of a disco, so of course you have to stay to do the obligatory “networking”. Finally made my way to bed at 2.30 am. Up this morning at 6.30, so I could get on the road before 7.30 as I knew I had a 3 ½ hr drive ahead of me and wanting to get on the road before the 8.30-9.30 rush.

Got home and had to catch up on some housework. I then made myself some lunch and headed to bed for an afternoon nap. Nap turned into 3 hrs! Now, that’ll prob disturb my sleep pattern for tonight. Oh well, if it does I’ll use it as a good opportunity to catch up on fanfics.

How are you all? Hope everyone is good. :)

Ashley - Glad you got the Sookie books I sent. Hope you’re enjoying them.

Jade - The Papz stuff you posted on Monday. Heart Breaking to say the least. And sorry doesn’t even cut it you scumbag! :x

Caryn - We do love Hot Mess Rob! I have never seen the movie companion over here. Will have to see if I can buy both the Twilight and New Moon somewhere. You have me sold on all the loveliness. :D

JulieM - He bought Empire magazine cause it had posters and a story in it. He is a sweetie. He knows this kinda stuff gets him in my good books! LOL. ;)

Kris - I loved that vid you posted earlier with the funny stories from onset. Jackson was so yummy in it.

Hi Again Sarah.

And also welcome to you Sam. Sometimes we go way off topic here, and I adore all our random conversations, so we never mind that. But we always come back to our most favourite of all things, the beauty that is Rob. :D :twisted:

I scanned in the article from Empire magazine that my hubs bought. I thought I would post it here for you all if you fancied a nosy.

Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5

Back soon

Laura Xx
Member of Rob's Halfway House