Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by Openhome »

Isn't that funny? :lol:
I haven't made my way past the M's, so I don't know what it's about. That one definitely caught my eye, though. It looks like crack-fic, which could be hilarious or very, very bad.
Has anyone here read Wide Asleep?
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

:twisted: You people are in sooooo much trouble!! I was up until 3 am this morning finishing UofEM and consequently woke up late and was extremely tardy for work this morning! Hmpphhhh! I am irrevocably hooked...line and sinker included!

Needless to say, I touched not my own ffic this weekend! :shock:

BTW...I tried in vain to find Emancipation Proclomation on ffic.net...Why would the search not turn up anything?

Going to bed EARLY tonight! The workout with my trainer tonight coupled with the lack of sleep last night has me absolutely beat!

**UofEM discusssion**
The story is great. HOWEVER...there are too many references to literature. i feel as if I need a masters in Dante to keep up with all the pretentious referrals to literature. Also, I hate the way the author has depicted Jacob. I can understand Jake in CW&IA...but it's still hard to read him in that way, too. But, this Jacob is beyond the A-Hole status, and it's very hard for me to find it believable. I love Jacob in SM's saga. Yes, he has the tendancy to get on my nerves sometimes, but he is endearing even then. MY Jacob in my own ffic is beloved to me as well. But, the Jake in UofEM does make for interesting plot play. Yes, the trip home for Thanksgiving should be interesting. Is anyone else worried about what Charlie's going to find when he does the background check on Edward?? :?
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Miss P. first and foremost, here you be, doll. Emancipation Proclamation for your very own. I don't know why your search turned up nothing. Try searching the author, Kharizzmatik, next time.

As for UoEM, I actually love the literary references. I think it gives the story, and specifically ProfessorWard, a lot of authenticity. Believe me, I've known my share of pompous-backside university professors in my day. Some of them were not far off. As for Jacob, I love that I can hate him without being conflicted. I am a Jacob-hater, after all. I know he serves a purpose in The Saga, but I cannot stand people who don't belong in a situation sticking in their three cents. So, while I grasp his role and his acceptibility as a character, I am most definitely NOT a fan. That's one of the things I love about UoEM. I can hate him with a clear conscience, without getting caught up in all that good-intentions, Bella's best interests crap. He's pretty much just a d!@k and I want to watch him suffer. It works for me. :D
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

SweetKay wrote: EDIT:

On OCD's profile regarding The Fallout:

I'VE DECIDED TO FINISH WRITING THIS STORY IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE POSTING AGAIN. IT'S A LITTLE COMPLEX MAKING SURE ALL THE LOOSE ENDS ARE TIED UP, AND POSTING EPISODICALLY, LIKE IN FF, JUST DOESN'T MAKE FOR A TIGHT STORY ENDING. I WANT TO HAVE IT ALL WRITTEN SO NOTHING IS MISSED. PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES FOR MAKING YOU WAIT, BUT PLEASE ACCEPT MY DESICION AS WELL FOR WANTING TO MAKE THIS STORY THE BEST IT CAN BE. MY ESTIMATION IS THAT THERE ARE ABOUT 10 CHAPTERS LEFT. I'M TRYING MY HARDEST TO HAVE THIS STORY UP AND COMPLETE BY MARCH 23, 2010 - ONE YEAR FROM WHEN I BEGAN IT - AND IF I HAVE TO POST THEM ALL IN ONE GO TO MAKE THAT DEADLINE, I WILL.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.

OCD

So it is good to know that OCD is still working on the story and that it will be completed.
Kay, thanks for letting us know about The Fallout. That's great news! I'd been wondering if I'd missed some updates and meant to ask a couple of you who are way more "in the know" about this incredible story than I am. I'm so glad she's going to finish and I'm kind of relieved she may post everything at the same time as I'm not sure my heart can take another epic uncompleted fanfic a'la Wide Awake or CW&IA or Emancipation Proclamation. ;)
Jazz Girl wrote: As for UoEM, I actually love the literary references. I think it gives the story, and specifically ProfessorWard, a lot of authenticity. Believe me, I've known my share of pompous-backside university professors in my day. Some of them were not far off. As for Jacob, I love that I can hate him without being conflicted. I am a Jacob-hater, after all. I know he serves a purpose in The Saga, but I cannot stand people who don't belong in a situation sticking in their three cents. So, while I grasp his role and his acceptibility as a character, I am most definitely NOT a fan. That's one of the things I love about UoEM. I can hate him with a clear conscience, without getting caught up in all that good-intentions, Bella's best interests crap. He's pretty much just a d!@k and I want to watch him suffer. It works for me. :D

:lol: :lol: You go girl! Tell us how you really feel. I'd expect nothing less from you Caryn. :D

Although the literary references are often over my head a bit, I agree that they do add believability and authenticity to ProfessorWard's character. I'd been meaning to mention on the boards how University of Edward Masen reminds me a little of Deconstructing Dracula, the fanfic where Bella meets Edward when she travels to England to complete her thesis for her doctorate. I guess it's partly because Edward's and Bella's characters and voices are a bit more intellectual and pretentious (for lack of a better word) and both stories obviously are filled with various literary references. I like both stories very much and recognize that I have to read them a little more slowly and carefully than some fanfics in order to fully absorb and appreciate the detail, the stimulating conversation between characters, complex themes and emotions portrayed, etc. I can't recall if we've ever discussed "Deconstructing Dracula" on the boards.
Banner by TammyAZ
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Jazz Girl wrote:*kneels before the FanFic alter, eyes cast to the heavens and the holy deities*

Just checking in with you, ladies and gentlemen. We've talked before when I was in this state. Wide Awake almost did me in. It tought me to be stronger and more patient. But, I am weak and I crave updates. The University of Edward Masen touched my heart. Tropic of Gemini touched my soul. And, I know that Clipped Wings & Inked Armor will end soon and should update tomorrow with some lovely. And, I know I'm a greedy wench for asking. But, please, gods of heartfail, soulsoaring and fanfic, please....a little SnarlWard...a little MobWard...just a little, a taste to tide me over through the dark. I leave my fate in your hands.

*stands and backs away from the alter, eyes down but hopeful*
Caryn - I have to admit that I have lit more than a few candles at this alter. ;)

I had to go back more than a few pages to catch up, but I think I'm there.

U of EM ~
Loved this last chapter! When Edward went a bought her the clothes, and she wanted to return them-you could feel the hurt as he walked away... I'm so glad that he didn't just shut down, and explained to her why it was important to him. And...he cleared out a drawer for her! Squee!! Jacob.....hmm...what the hell did he do to her? I can't wait to see what Thanksgiving in Forks will be like! I also do not trust Jane--I think she's the one who will cause them problems with the University. I can't remember who said it, but with Jane, if she can't have Edward, no one will....that's my fear for them...

CW&IA
I will be so sad when this one ends (as I always am when a fav is completed.. :( ) I was so proud of both of them for being able to finally talk about what they need. ( and WOOHOO! the christening of Bella's car!!)

EP ~
I can't wait for the next update--I've been on pins & needles since the last update (at least I've been able to get some sleep ;) )The intricacies of this story still amaze me! I don't want to say too much as I know some of you aren't caught up yet...

MoTU ~
I like this one--it took awhile to get to this point, but its getting very exciting!!! I was so proud of Bella for not signing!!!! I want her to be able to be able to touch him inside the lines....

Sandy stands up and recites:Yes, I am a fan-fic addict...Wide Awake ruined me, and fan-fic owns me! I'm not even sure how many stories I'm following, but it doesn't matter. There will always be more stories to read!

Now I need to go check my alerts, since I think I missed some--I usually check manually, but should have gotten the alerts....

Later everyone! 8-)

Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:*kneels before the FanFic altar, eyes cast to the heavens and the holy deities*

Just checking in with you, ladies and gentlemen. We've talked before when I was in this state. Wide Awake almost did me in. It tought me to be stronger and more patient. But, I am weak and I crave updates. The University of Edward Masen touched my heart. Tropic of Gemini touched my soul. And, I know that Clipped Wings & Inked Armor will end soon and should update tomorrow with some lovely. And, I know I'm a greedy wench for asking. But, please, gods of heartfail, soulsoaring and fanfic, please....a little SnarlWard...a little MobWard...just a little, a taste to tide me over through the dark. I leave my fate in your hands.

*stands and backs away from the altar, eyes down but hopeful*
Caryn - I have to admit that I have lit more than a few candles at this altar. ;)

I had to go back more than a few pages to catch up, but I think I'm there.

Sandy~ Hahaha! It's okay. There's room at the altar for all of us. Who knows? Mayber there's strength in numbers and we'll finally get what we ask for. :D

*Stands next to Sandy** My name is Caryn. I am a fanfic addict. WA was my gateway and now I can't find my way out, nor do I want to. I have massive guilt because I haven't been able to read all the stories I want to. But, damn it, I'm going to keep trying!

BTW: I know we might get a CW&IA update today *looks hopefully at the alter*. Has anyone seen anything else about The Training? I keep checking her blog for teasers and it is still the last chapter teaser.

EDIT: Again with the spelling corrections. Sandy, darl, hope you don't mind that I corrected yours, too. :lol:
Last edited by Jazz Girl on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Pssst!

alter = to change or adjust, as in "I need to alter the length of these pants."

altar = special place dedicated to something, usually an object/symbol of worship, as in "Come to the altar and pray with me."

-Your friendly neighborhood grammar Nazi
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:Pssst!

altar = special place dedicated to something, usually an object/symbol of worship, as in "Come to the altar and pray with me."

*hangs head in shame* This is what happens when I don't actually reread my posts and I hurry. My humble apologies.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
twilightsagaaddict

CW&IA CH 40 PART 1 IS UP!!!

per HH on Twitter, ffn alerts are fail.... :evil:
Last edited by twilightsagaaddict on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
twilightsagaaddict

ringswraith wrote:Pssst!

sorry for the double post....
thanks rings :oops: I knew it didn't look right when I typed it, but had too many distractions (ie-kicking kids out the door for school ;) ) to go back to it.
Banner by TammyAZ