Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by JillOBean »

Amanda Beth wrote:I leave tomorrow with my car! I'm TRYING to write a bit of TPC today but I feel dizzy with everything going on.

Amanda Beth,

I wanted to tell you... I started reading TPC and I admit... I actually am enjoying it despite my deep irritation with the Nessie character in general. :D

I'm looking forward to continuing it.

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

AB~ Good luck and please be careful. We'll be here waiting eagerly.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

miss_annabella wrote:Hi All! Long time lurker first time poster :D.

I just caught up with Emancipation Proclaimation, (love it!) and now because I just cant stand waiting for updates I started Living Backwards. Not the usual Bella, she has more sarcasm and snark, but still very good.

What did I get myself into?? like I needed to add more on to the list?!? and now that I'm almost caught up with LB am i am feinin' like a crack addict.
Welcome Miss Annabella to our wonderful addiction! Thank you for the recommendation of Living Backwards, it sounds good and the author's profile is interesting, she has a great sense of humor and wit. I will add it to my obscene amount (about 20-25) list of updating fanfics. (Yes I know, it's gross how many fanfics I have going all at once!!!)

Amanda Beth - Have a safe trip and let us know that you have arrived safely!

University of Edward Masen Thoughts

Did anyone read the most recent chapter? Caryn - I agreed with your most recent remarks about how controlling Edward has been with Bella. Did you all think that he was better this chapter? It seemed to me that he was not quite as controlling and seemed a bit less obsessive. He seems to be trying. Will it continue? Hope so, but I am not sure.
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Kay~ UoEM updated!! What the crap? I didn't get the notification...AGAIN???

*grumbles about work computers and bloody delays*

Well, I promise I will have plenty of discussion after I read at home.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean »

UofEM Discussion:

I think the only reason Edward was less controlling this chapter is because he was terrified that Jane would be inappropriate with Bella.

Okay, I know Bella is fragile and all, but I seriously want her to kick somebody's butt in this story eventually... paging butt-kicking Bella...

SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

Jazz Girl wrote:Kay~ UoEM updated!! What the crap? I didn't get the notification...AGAIN???

I don't get any notifications anymore either. That's really really annoying . But what do we do about it ?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SweetKay

Post by SweetKay »

Jazz Girl wrote:Kay~ UoEM updated!! What the crap? I didn't get the notification...AGAIN???

*grumbles about work computers and bloody delays*

Well, I promise I will have plenty of discussion after I read at home.

Caryn - HA!! You always have plenty to say, that's why I was surprised since UoEM updated on Saturday and no word from you yet. I will be looking forward to your commentary!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Thanks for the well wishes guys! I'm staying overnight at a hotel and I'll have internet access so I'll probably check in :)
JillOBean wrote:Amanda Beth,

I wanted to tell you... I started reading TPC and I admit... I actually am enjoying it despite my deep irritation with the Nessie character in general. :D

I'm looking forward to continuing it.
That means a lot to me :) I knew when I went to write it that a lot of people had issues with Renesmee. I even had people who were big fans of LAF (that's the prequel, you may want to read that first. It's a growth between Bella and Edward's relationship and Bella's life as an immortal) that told me they wouldn't be even giving TPC a chance because of Nessie. I actually grew a soft spot for what I call "My Renesmee"
miss_annabella
Wandering Through Town

Post by miss_annabella »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Miss_Annabella~ Welcome. I think you'll fit right in here. Most of the stories we read and discuss would qualify as CrackFics, at least in the sense of experiencing major withdrawls when awaiting updates, and they are sooooo addicting that there's no way you can put them down. I concur with Bean. Wide Awake is an absolute must-read for any TwiFanFic fan. It is published, uncensored and in it's entirety on AngstGoddess003's LJ page (there were some FFn issues). Please let any of us know if you need the link. We here are also fans of TaraSueMe's works, The Dominant & The submissive, as well as their sequel, The Training. Highly highly recommended as well. In.A.Blu.Bathrobe caused a stir with Tropic of Virgo, which I personally ADORE. And, the sequel to that is in the works, Tropic of Gemini, a story I am also in love with. Hmmmmm, there are soooo many. Actually, there is a community on FFn that was started by some of our members. I don't have the link handy, but I'm sure David or Christy might be lurking and can pop it up for you, as can anyone of our other regulars.

Many of our members also write their own fics, links to which are in their signatures. We have a talented group around these parts. Enjoy.

Oh, and speaking of The Training, HH posted a teaser in her blog. Very....interesting. Definitely thought provoking. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow, especially after the last chapter??????
Thanks for all the recommendations!

University of Edward Masen disscussion
I couldn't believe how crass Prof Jane was, I mean this is the first meeting between her and Bella, you think she would of been a little more subtle. I think Edward is trying to be less harsh with B in this chapter, a little less jealous too. I can't wait until he is done being her professor already jeez!

I just checked out The Training - Dear lord! I don't think I can sneak read that one at work. * runs off to read in very private corner of home*
Fizzles

Post by Fizzles »

Hi Girls and David if you're lurking.

I just wanted to say that the quality of some of the Twi FanFic we are blessed to have is outstanding. How these authors share their passion with us and allow us to enjoy the world that they create astounds me. The list of FF that I have read must be over 100 by now, I have lost count! :lol: Everytime I finish something I promise myself that I'm gonna take a break. Then I come here and you guys usually have another recommendation and then I can't help but get sucked in! :lol: I have read some good, some not so good and some downright amazing stories. :)

Here are ten (in no particular order) that are always top of my list. Wide Awake, Emancipation Proclamation, The Ex Factor, Abbraciare il Cantante, Clipped Wings and Inked Armour, The Office, Master of the Universe, The Red Line, Dominant/Submissive, Tropic of Virgo. There are so many more that are worthy but too many to list them all.

I read The Fates at the weekend. Summary - An age old feud. Lives hang in the balance. All may be fair in love & war, but it’s the weaving together & taking apart of individual threads that creates the tapestry of Edward & Bella’s life. An AUH tale from the team that created Breakfast at Tiffany’s. By hmonster4 and profmom72. Very good with a great mix of concepts. Complex but well thought out with multiple POV.

Am currently reading Shadowboxer by nobloodnofoul. Summary - Edward is an underground fighter using the ring as an outlet for his pent-up rage. Bella is a college dropout running from her complicated past. Their paths collide when Edward is beaten and left for dead. Rated M for LEMONS. CANON PAIRINGS. AH. OOC. This one got me hooked from the first line of the summary ... Edward is an underground fighter ... need I say more. :lol: :twisted: Anyway, it is not dissappointing me so far. I'm maybe halfway through and I feel their may be tears coming with the way the story is progressing. The author is doing a good job so far. From reading her bio though it seems like she has had a bit of a rough time with some reviews etc., which I always feel is a real shame. Kind and constructive criticism, yes. Rude and unnecessary negativity, no.

As always, I welcome recommendations. :D

Bye for now

Laura
Member of Rob's Halfway House