Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by JillOBean »

older_twilight_fan wrote:University of Edward Masen Discussion

I read the latest update from The University of Edward Masen last night.

Wow...what a chapter. Although parts of Edward's lecture at Victoria College were a little over my head ;), just the thought of him giving said lecture while wearing his spectacles, black suit, vest, and pocketwatch as he talked about lust, love, sex and pleasure....oh my! :shock: 8-)

One of my favorite moments was seeing Bella so completely flustered by Edward's presence after he took a shower, when he was wrapped in her tiny purple towel. :) Way to turn the tables Professor Masen! This line was priceless...

Just before he closed the bathroom door behind him, she was treated to the barest glimpse of the most beautiful gluteus maximus muscles as Edward dropped his purple towel.

Bella gaped like a codfish.
:lol:

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the faculty dinner following Edward's lecture. Do we think some shiza will hit the fan with Peter, Edward, Bella, and "Professor Pain" in fairly close proximity to one another?

By the way, Peter mentioned that Professor Singer's first name is Jane. I know Bella already knew about Professor Singer, but I assume she had heard the name "Jane" associated with Edward before and in none too pleasant a manner. What is the history between "Jane" and Edward?

I'm SO excited! Someone finally to talk to about it. *Squeals*

I LITERALLY had a dream of Edward in a little purple towel. He is such a tease. I think bow tie's seem sexy now. How sick is that? :lol:

I do wonder about the history between Jane and Edward... I'm glad Professor Pain is NOT Tanya... this just adds depth to the plot!

JillOBean

Post by JillOBean »

Jazz Girl wrote:EDIT: ~~ UoEM Discussion~~ProfessorWard's attitude toward Bella and her friendship with Peter is a little offputting to me... I mean, how is it he can continue to maintain all of his outside relationships, not even tell her about some of them and he still has the right to get angry with her about a conversation with Peter...hmmmmm, I think he has some 'splaining to do.
... Because he's Edward. :roll: I say that because no matter how I write him, he's bossy and controlling. :lol: I literally cannot see him any other way.

SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Emancipation Proclamation Has Updated!!!

Yea!! Gotta go read!!!!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

JillOBean wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:EDIT: ~~ UoEM Discussion~~ProfessorWard's attitude toward Bella and her friendship with Peter is a little offputting to me... I mean, how is it he can continue to maintain all of his outside relationships, not even tell her about some of them and he still has the right to get angry with her about a conversation with Peter...hmmmmm, I think he has some 'splaining to do.
... Because he's Edward. :roll: I say that because no matter how I write him, he's bossy and controlling. :lol: I literally cannot see him any other way.

I don't know. There's a difference between being in control and being controlling. TwiWard, as well as most ficWards when they are written with his personality traits have the need to be in control, but rarely if ever take it too far. This is really the first time I've seen him be downright controlling and with absolutely no justification or rationalization that might mitigate things just a bit.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Ya'll! Just stopping in for a quick minute before heading off to do some writing tonight!

Has anyone seen a sneak peek of CW&IA on HH's blog? Can we find her blog by searching Hunter Huntings Live Journal or something?

NOPE! Nothing new there. Just found HH's blog spot and nada so far! :(
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I updated my Carlisle's story of the pregnancy........

please let me know what you think
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5675984/2/C ... _pregnancy
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Good morning everyone!

EP DISCUSSION ~
It's been awhile since I've been here-catching up with Emancipation Proclamation will do that to you! ;) What an unbelievable ride! I finally caught up with the last 4 chapters yesterday ~ I was so proud of Edward for not doing coke at the party (if he would have caved and done it, I was prepared to shut the computer down and walk away); and wow-kudos to Jessica for telling the truth. Who knew she had it in her? I, too, was aggravated at Bella for going to Jacob (even though we know that's part of the original story, still....). Of all people, him? But it broke my heart when Edward found the diary and found out she knew. I'm glad they were finally able to talk about it. I'm undecided on the fact he's keeping that last secret from her--on one hand, right now its probably better for her not to know-let her get used to her new-found freedom, but I really hope it doesn't come back to bite him/them in the ar$e. The little voice in the back of my head keeps whispering-when will James rear his ugly head again? Hmmmmm.....

UofEM ~
When Edward walked out of the shower-holy gods!! I was also irked at the fact that Edward can be friends with just about anyone, but he has such issues with Bella being friends with Peter. And what is with Jane...? The dinner should be interesting! I do love how hard Edward is trying to woo her, and I'm such a sucker for the HEA, that I really hope they can survive the 5 weeks until the term is over....

Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
JillOBean

Post by JillOBean »

Jazz Girl wrote:
JillOBean wrote:

I don't know. There's a difference between being in control and being controlling. TwiWard, as well as most ficWards when they are written with his personality traits have the need to be in control, but rarely if ever take it too far. This is really the first time I've seen him be downright controlling and with absolutely no justification or rationalization that might mitigate things just a bit.

Well, lets also think of it this way... Edward had a drug problem, he drinks quite a lot, he was a womanizer... he has issues. Maybe he could think clearly if the bowtie weren't cutting off oxygen to his brain. I literally have this fantasy of Bella choking him with the stupid thing! :D I think Edward is reacting out of fear.

I mean, think about it. He knows deep down that Peter is the "better" guy. No serious issues, no major hang up's, etc... Of course he wants Bella away from him. He also knows that Bella doesn't fully trust him yet and I think he feels if he doesn't keep an eye on Peter that he might woo her and Bella will be gone from him.

And lets be honest, when jealousy rears it's ugly head-- rational thinking is rarely following suit.

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:Good morning everyone!

EP DISCUSSION ~
It's been awhile since I've been here-catching up with Emancipation Proclamation will do that to you! ;) What an unbelievable ride! I finally caught up with the last 4 chapters yesterday ~ I was so proud of Edward for not doing coke at the party (if he would have caved and done it, I was prepared to shut the computer down and walk away); and wow-kudos to Jessica for telling the truth. Who knew she had it in her? I, too, was aggravated at Bella for going to Jacob (even though we know that's part of the original story, still....). Of all people, him? But it broke my heart when Edward found the diary and found out she knew. I'm glad they were finally able to talk about it. I'm undecided on the fact he's keeping that last secret from her--on one hand, right now its probably better for her not to know-let her get used to her new-found freedom, but I really hope it doesn't come back to bite him/them in the ar$e. The little voice in the back of my head keeps whispering-when will James rear his ugly head again? Hmmmmm.....
Sandy~ Hmmmm, yes, I was also quite impressed by Jessica's comments. More impressed by the fact that MobWard has altered his way of thinking enough that he actually paused and listened to her. A year ago, he wouldn't have given two...spits.... enough to listen.

I do want to ask this question. Am I the only one who really thought Isabella going to Jacob, opening up to him the way she did, really was a departure from her character? I understand her explanation of it. Sometimes you do need someone who is on the outside who can just listen, just be the person who will hold the baggage, if even for a few minutes. However, we are talking about Isabella here. She is a slave girl who had beaten into her from the beginning of her life until just a few months ago that you do not trust anyone with your secrets. Opening up to people gets you punished. It gets you hurt. It took her months to open up to Edward, to trust him so implicitly. She still isn't there with Em or Jasper. And, yet, we are expected to believe that this young woman who spent 16 years of her life paying for every mistake she made, every mistake others made, keeping secrest so close that those few who knew her best would never suspect a thing, never trusting another soul save one that we dont' even know for sure she trusted completely turns around and opens herself up to a man (there's the first issue, she doesn't trust men, she fears them, even a young one) who she does not know at all and has spoken to a grand total of 4 times for a total of maybe 10 minutes and who the one person she does trust implicitly and claims to love has told her cannot be trusted and destroys everything he touches. Yes, she's grown. Yes, her way of thinking and perceiving things has changed, has evolved. But, we are really just looking at a relatively few months of freedom and acceptance and time to allow those things vs a LIFETIME of learned behavior, attitudes and survival instincts. I've read Khar's explanation of it. I've read Isabella's. But, this is the first time I've really felt like an author dropped a ball to include something in a story, forced an issue so to speak. Like I said, I'll learn to live with it, accept it. But, it still rubs me the wrong way.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Caryn, I'd be interested to read Khar's explanation of Bella's openness towards Jacob. Is in the Twilighted thread? It did seem odd that she would suddenly speed out of the parking lot and basically head straight towards LaPush, without so much as a phone call-even if it was just to Alice to let her know she was ok. It was like her freedom/behavior took a quantum leap in one afternoon/evening.

I might have to take the leap and start Master of the Universe - should I be prepared for nothing to get done around here for awhile? (again? :lol: )
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ