Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by missp »

ringswraith wrote:
JillOBean wrote:
Essay33 wrote:A Monday morning tip for the growing writer...

I have shutters on every window of my house.

When someone touches me, I might shudder.

Word choice matters. Now go have a great writing day!
lol. Word mix-up's like that are usually a-okay with me. I typically "get" what somebody means. But most situations are not so clear cut. I know if somebody's body "shutters" they mean "shudders."

Now I'm going to have to double check my word choices... lol.
Don't forget stutters.

Case in point- one woman in healthcare, who specialized in dealing with new mothers, gave a seminar on breastfeeding. She used spellcheck and printed out fliers. When the day arrived, and she handed them out, she was puzzled as to the looks of horror on the new mothers' faces.

Turns out, her spellcheck corrected the title page to read "Beast Feeding for New Mothers." ;)
Jill o Bean~~LOVE it!! :lol:
Rings~~ As usual, you crack me up! :lol:
Marielle~~I will try and check it out sometime today. Congrats on your first posting! 8-)

Chapter 16 of Perfect Forever is up! Reviews are like CHOCOLATE! They make me do the happy dance!
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I've gotten over 25 reviews for the last chapter alone and since my story is no CW&IA or Wide Awake it's a lot for me! And all of them were positive...even the PMs I've gotten. I'm sooooooo relieved.

Oh and I found out that my eReader allows PDF so I'm totally uploading Wide Awake onto it!!!
missp
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

I apologize for the double post, but I have a few questions that I need answered ASAP! :?:
If a vampire is injured in...say, a battle...how does he/she heal?
I know that their venom miraculously heals the human body as it transforms into a vampire.
But, what happens if a vampire is dismembered by another vampire...a missing arm or leg...hand or foot...ear or eye?
I also know that it takes their head being severed from their body to kill them, and then you have to tear them apart and burn all the pieces.
But, what happens if all the pieces aren't burned and a piece of someone is left unfound?
I know the wolves heal super fast. Do the Vampires?
HELP!!! I need info, and I can't find it anywhere on the Twilight info page. :oops:

Good! No double post after all!
Amanda Beth~~ That's terrific! I've had 1 review so far since posting Chapter 16 of Perfect Forever this afternoon. Hope the move is going smoothly.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Well, in Eclipse Bella saw Riley's arm dragging itself across the ground even when it wasn't attached. It's never explained whether or not the vampire could "reattach" it... but if it's burned I guess the vampire lives without an arm then. I guess you can use your creative licensing on this one lol
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

University of Edward Masen Discussion

I read the latest update from The University of Edward Masen last night.

Wow...what a chapter. Although parts of Edward's lecture at Victoria College were a little over my head ;), just the thought of him giving said lecture while wearing his spectacles, black suit, vest, and pocketwatch as he talked about lust, love, sex and pleasure....oh my! :shock: 8-)

One of my favorite moments was seeing Bella so completely flustered by Edward's presence after he took a shower, when he was wrapped in her tiny purple towel. :) Way to turn the tables Professor Masen! This line was priceless...

Just before he closed the bathroom door behind him, she was treated to the barest glimpse of the most beautiful gluteus maximus muscles as Edward dropped his purple towel.

Bella gaped like a codfish.
:lol:

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the faculty dinner following Edward's lecture. Do we think some shiza will hit the fan with Peter, Edward, Bella, and "Professor Pain" in fairly close proximity to one another?

By the way, Peter mentioned that Professor Singer's first name is Jane. I know Bella already knew about Professor Singer, but I assume she had heard the name "Jane" associated with Edward before and in none too pleasant a manner. What is the history between "Jane" and Edward?
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

missp wrote:I apologize for the double post, but I have a few questions that I need answered ASAP! :?:
If a vampire is injured in...say, a battle...how does he/she heal?
I know that their venom miraculously heals the human body as it transforms into a vampire.
But, what happens if a vampire is dismembered by another vampire...a missing arm or leg...hand or foot...ear or eye?
I also know that it takes their head being severed from their body to kill them, and then you have to tear them apart and burn all the pieces.
But, what happens if all the pieces aren't burned and a piece of someone is left unfound?
I know the wolves heal super fast. Do the Vampires?
HELP!!! I need info, and I can't find it anywhere on the Twilight info page. :oops:
MissP~ Jacob also says at one point to Edward in Breaking Dawn (when he's advocating tearing apart Rosealie to remove her as guardian over Bella that vampires can just be patched back together. My thought in looking at that quote in combination with the fact that only tearing apart a vamp and burning the pieces kills them leads me to believe that, because of the venom, they can essentially rebuild themselves when and if they suffer a horrific injury like that. I know that, in the fanfic, Atlas Shrugged, that's essentially how it is written. The family (and Bella) uses their venom to heal a broken and bereft Edward.

I'm off to read the updates of ToG, UoEM, and The Training I missed whilst on vacation. I'll check back in later with my thoughts.

EDIT: ~~ UoEM Discussion~~ProfessorWard's attitude toward Bella and her friendship with Peter is a little offputting to me... I mean, how is it he can continue to maintain all of his outside relationships, not even tell her about some of them and he still has the right to get angry with her about a conversation with Peter...hmmmmm, I think he has some 'splaining to do.

~~ToG Discussion~~ Feeling both Alice's and Jasper's fear and pain in going through this whole thing is just painful. But I think it is so amazing a statement about the connection between them when you see that mere physical contact is enough to reassure them about each other.... sitting with feet in the lap, or a mere stroke of the hand to return their sense of security in each other.

~~The Training Discussion~~ :shock: :o :shock: :twisted: Holy hell in a handcart, that was ... well....that was.... just WOWZA. What I love most was the juxtaposition between sweet loving romantic couple Edward and Bella and Dom/sub hot as hell couple MasterWard and IsaBella. It was a very interesting comparison...that's for sure. Somehow, being in subella's head during this playroom session was very interesting....seeing her desire to please him, and how it makes her feel to disappoint him, it was so raw and real. But, then, to listen to him explain things to her, see him take care of her in the ways that only he can... I absolutely loved this chapter.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
missp

Post by missp »

Amanda Beth & Jazz Girl~~Thanks so much for your insight on my little dilemma! I was thinking along the exact same lines and just needed a little bit of encouragement before exercising my err...creative license. :)

**THE TRAINING DISCUSSION!!!**
OME!! OME!! OME!! This chapter was...I am at a loss for words, AND I'm never there very often. I know I said I hoped there'd be some punishment in this chapter, but not to be allowed to *BLEEP*??? Why, oh why, did SubBella keep trying to explain the fact that she hadn't waxed? I loved the real discussion they had as Bella and Edward in the hot tub, though. They seem to be handling the transitions from SUB/DOM to regular couple pretty well so far.
And can I just say...HOLY RABBIT FUR??? :lol:
My only complaint is this...TOO. SHORT. NEED. MORE. NOW!
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

I got soooooooooo excited when I saw an e-mail alert "The Ex Factor"

Sigh.

I'm so impatient even though I know exactly what Angela means.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Amanda Beth wrote:I got soooooooooo excited when I saw an e-mail alert "The Ex Factor"

Sigh.

I'm so impatient even though I know exactly what Angela means.
AB~ I know, I know. I promise it is in the works. Ang is being a bit of a perfectionist with it. She refuses to give all us TEF lovers anything less than her absolute best. As beta, it can drive me a bit bat-shiza :lol: But, as a reader, I'm so glad that she loves us and those characters enough to be satisfied with nothing less than perfection. I promise, though, it's worth the wait.

EDIT: ~~EP Discussion~~
Oh Holy Hell... the heart fail and more angst and some revelation followed by a little more heart fail and some sweet surrender. Ach, I loved the hell out of this chapter. I'm still not a huge fan of Bella running to Jacob. I get why she did it. I understand completely. But, really, I cant accept it completely. I dont trust Jacob and running to the one person he has said hurt him the most?? I just cant make myself okay with that. I suppose, like MobWard, I will learn to deal with it. But, I am not happy about it. Overall though, this chapter was what my aching heart needed...right up until that last line. You figure the boy would have learned by now. But, he also cant just spring it on her and put it out there. The fewer people who know that one, the better.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I just read the latest chapter that Amanda put up, and I loved it, even though it sort of goes against the grain as far as how I'd have ended that conflict(I do believe in peacful resolutions, though if one pushes things too far, I also believe in the consequences that one receives as a result of that action are deserved and whatever happens, happens-read my stories when I get them posted on FFN, Twilighted, or TA).

It was well written inspite of that. We do have to except that, especially with Renesmee or basically any other post-BD story that the canon and storylines can be very open-ended-everyone has their own ideas, because of the lack of a firm story or canon to go from aside from what's presented in BD. So we're pretty much free to make things up.

That's not to say that I don't interject violence into my stories, but I was aiming for the PG/PG-13 ratings that Stephenie usually aims for, so that canon element is adhered to(as it is in Amanda's story). So in my case, the violence is mostly reserved for alternate universe stories, or in the case of one that I'll be working on soon.

I feel that there's a time for violence, namely a violent end of those that the author feel need to meet their end, and Amanda though that time came, and it was very well written even if it's not what I'd necessarily write :)

By the way, could someone answer this for me: Is this site related to Twilighted? Both sites have similar layouts and such, or is it just coindence(I'm a member of both, by the way).
Last edited by Chernaudi on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/