Teen Thread 6 -- Ages 13-19 [Tweens are welcome]

blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: Teen Thread -- Ages 13-19 [Tweens are welcome]

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

so when you say 'factor" you mean "spf" we americans love our acronyms. I don't use sunblock, I tell people it's because I was already born with spf 50 (aka melanin aka black) but really I just don't like the way it feels on my skin.

at my school we had miderms and finals finals were worth 40% of your yearly grade and midterms were 40% of your semester grade which means they were 20% of your yearly grade
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

@Alexa: Yeah, we have some graded homeworks in Math and some assignments in other classes get counted. Do you guys do portfolios in all your classes??
Ohhh, we call it SPF. The F stands for factor and all, but no one calls it the words or anything. We Americans like acronyms. ;)
(Wow, I wrote this before I read Sami's post....I guess we Americans agree upon that :lol: )

@Sami: I agree, sunscreen feels grossss! I hate it. I usually only use stuff on my face which is a different kind of sunscreen so it doesn't feel as nasty. I do use some when I'm already burned though. Which luckily doesn't happen often. = )
You guys must have only done two terms, then, right?

~*Chrome*~
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

yes you obviously do agree :lol: dont think ive used spf to refer to it in my life, it doesnt bother me wearing it, but i suppose i have the threat of lovely burning to force me into using it, i had 8 on today and im bright red again :/

portfolios are used for art based subjects and applied subjects, i do textiles which requires me to submit a portfolio of work to cover like 5 different specifications and its worth 50% of my grade this year and 25% of my overall grade other subjects just have some pieces of written work , like for history and english you do essays and such which count
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
i am bella

Post by i am bella »

Do you guyses bottles say Factor X? Ours always say SPF X so that might be why.
Yeah, if I had fairer skin I'd definitely use it more. Being French-Canadian, I was graced with the ability to tan very well. 8-)
I strongly suggest you use something much stronger than 8.....seeing as my dad is pretty much as dark as leather and he still uses 6.....
Ohhh, I get it now. That's what we would do protfolios for, too. Not many classes do them, though. My English class is doing them, which is weird, and then I had to do one for my writing workshop class which does make sense. That doesn't seem so bad, though.

~*Chrome*~
ImageImage
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

to be honest i donr even know what they say lol, its just what im used to refering to it as....
i normally use 20 but we only have 8 in the house since its rare to need it in sunny old england :lol:

i love doing coursework for some subjects but i only have textiles which does it this year, im not the best when it comes to exams so it helps to boost my grade

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
i am bella

Post by i am bella »

Yeah, we all get used to things that are everday to us. It happens. = )
Oh yeah, that's a good point... Sunny old England. :lol:
Is textiles like designing? I'm sure I've asked you this before but we all know I'm forgetful. = )

~*Chrome*~
ImageImage
MaryRosalie
Settled in Forks

Post by MaryRosalie »

Well...hello there!!! My name is Maria and i am knew around here! I am 100% Greek but i live in Germany and i study in Boston. I am 18 years old and i thought of saying a couple of words for myself!!!^.^ Anyway..thanks for your time...i hope to see all of you around!
Mary-Rosalie
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

sam: yer textiles is designing, ive made a skirt and a bag this year, and we had to design as dress aswell although we never got to make them

maria : welcome :) it sounds like youve had a good experience of several countries then, i love greece, wish my family would go more often :)
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
i am bella

Post by i am bella »

@Maria: Hey, Maria! My name's Sam. I take care of the ListV2 for the Teen/Tween thread. I'll PM you about being put on the List.
That's so cool that you study in Boston! I live in central Mass! = )
What school are you at in Boston??
Welcome to the Teen/Tween thread! :D

@Alexa: I'd loveee to take a design class! I did a career day workshop on interior design but I'm more into like fashion designing. I used to design a ton of things. Lovedd it. = )
Oo! Put pics up on Face of your skirt and bag! I wanna see em! :D

~*Chrome*~
ImageImage
MaryRosalie
Settled in Forks

Post by MaryRosalie »

@Sam: heyy Sam again here too...i got your email here and thanks. I am studying in Brookline...probably you don't even know my college, is called Hellenic College Holy Cross...it's a greek college...I hope to talk to you again!
Mary-Rosalie