Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Rob's Summer House (HH #6)

Post by Bellsuz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm not on here much, and I do apologize, but I cannot believe the video of Rob from this weekend. It's heartbreaking that the papparrazzi are allowed to do this. I just emailed some Legislative leaders in the California government this email (I really don't know who to email so I just started with the person who wrote this latest bill about paparrazzi stalking, Karen Bass who happens to be the Speaker of the Assembly):

Hello Speaker Bass:

I am glad to learn of a new bill passed recently in regards to the Papparazzi and anti-stalking (http://asmdc.org/members/a47/news-room/ ... ct-privacy). It is a necessary bill and I hope it will pass in the Senate as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, I feel that more needs to be done to address the issue. It dishartens me to still instances such as this (http://www.gossipcop.com/robert-pattins ... rontation/), reported by GossipCop. In this worrysome example actor, Robert Pattinson, a continued "prey" of the papparazzi could not even continue to drive on the Expressway just the other day. He had to pull over several times jsut so they would not follow him to where he was going. It saddens me to also see that none of the papparazzi were punished for causing Pattinson possible harm. He clearly felt in danger. The Police Officers did not do much to help him get on his way, and I am assured they did nothing to the root of the problem. Here is the link to the video: (taken out here on the Lex because I can't even stand to share it) As you can see, this continues on from daytime all the way late into the evening. For all we know, he was just trying to go home and he didn't want the photographers following him there.

I am truely glad to see that some action is being taken to begin to help actors/musicians, etc. that help to fuel your economy, but I still think more needs to be done. The paparrazzi are going to continue to get try to get these "breaking stories" as long as they're getting paid for the photos. Websites such as the one GossipCop is speaking of (X17 in this instance, but others such as Radar Online) pay for these photos and there should repremands for them as well. I don't even feel right linking the story GossipCop is speaking of because the more hits they get on their website just fuel the fire.

I am not so much worried abou thte deframation of character that X17 is attempting to pull with their article, but more so the safty of the actor. In addition to asking the paparrazzi to quit he drove away from them only to have to pull over a short time later and have to ask them again.

As you can tell, I don't quite know who to contact about this, but I would appreciate any help in getting in touch with Senate members who would benefit from hearing this latest troublesome event with the paparrazzi.

I appreciate your time.

Gaah, I hated when the papparrazzi did this to Britney Spears and now they're doing it to Lindsay Lohan, Rob, Kristin, etc. I know the only way they will stop is if we stop buying the magazines and going to the websites. But that is very hard. I am going to try my best to not go to sites like this and only go to sites that seem to be compassionate to actors and actresses. If you all can think of anyone else to email or anything we can do I'm all ears. It's going to be hard not to click on delicious Rob pics, but I am going to try my hardest after seeing how upset he was. :( :( :( :( :x :x :x :evil:
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:43 pm

Hey, Sweeties. Just thought I would let you all know I'm alive and well and thinking about you. I missed 4 pages, so I won't have time to comment on all of it until I get back. I drove up to Chicago for a conference today and there is, coincidentally, a movie theater not 10 minutes from the hotel with a 9:20 showing of Eclipse. Hmmmmm, decisions decisions... Anyone want to guess what I decided? ;) Back later to respond via MegaPost.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS

diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi everyone

If you would be so kind to pass this photo around to your friends thanks a lot.
Between leaving a note and blog post on my site. making a short video which I hope you all saw if not here it is
I am and will keep posting that video of Rob with the paparazzi, I think people need to see it and how Rob reacted. No flipping off or cursing or saying it was like having been raped but with a more mature and respectful way that I am jumping on board to see an end to this. I guess just seeing Rob and his reactions make me want to protect him and let him have a life for gods sake. Everyone deserves that. I might come across as insincere but I did not like the way Kristen handled it and she doesn't put up with as much as Rob does. When someone has the class that Rob does, I will do something to protect his rights and so he doesn't get turned off about us here in America 8-) and all people who have to endure this.

sadness over Meisha :cry:
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001

SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:49 pm

Caryn-I am feeling better now. Funny enough, Tylenol doesn't do anything for me unless it's got Codine(SP?) in it. Been like that sense I was a kid. and you crack me up! Eclipse viewing at any moment tha arises :lol:

Raine-Hope your feeling alright. Dentist appointments are not fun! I am feeling better. I get really bad when it gets hot and it's been horrible the last few days here.

Tracy-Sounds like you had a crazy weekend! Bless your heart and car problems too. Great pics posted :D

Susie-I think (and this is just my opionion) that I have heat induced migranes. Whenever it gets really hot, I get them bad. Espicially if I spend any time at all outside, then I get really sick as well. Sounds like your making some good food, making me hungry :lol:

Edwards Ragazza-I got the link from Tammy. So far I am really liking it! (I am going back and forth typing this and reading it lol!) $11.50 for a ticket?!?!? That is insane!!! Here at the theater I go to it's only $7.00, $5.00 for the matinee showings.

Marielle-I say if you keep the pics on there, you'll want a lot of space. Also, look for one with a decent battery life.

Diane-That is awesome that you are doing this! Way to go chick! Great vids!

Jacklyn-I am so crazy that I didn't even know some of the books are on audio. That is awesome! I was wondering about what the heck Nipple Gate was and you answered. I'll have to find some pics to see this!

New Jen-Excellant story for Susie! Loved it!

Brienna-What is a Truckstar festival? Is it for trucks? Yep, feeling better as it's cooler by a few degrees.

Missp-It's lifted somewhat. Still a bit sad but not depressed. Thanks, she is my world :) How long before you start back to the school? Here it's like 2 weeks.

BellSuz-That is awesome that you did that! You rock!

I am off into the world of EP. Thanks for the link Tammy! Soo addicting and I am only on the first chapter!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story

dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Good Morning HH Sisters!!

I'm so tired and its only Tuesday! I got caught up in reading fanfiction last night, Emancipation Proclamation, to be specific. I have been putting it on my reading wait list for quite sometime and since its getting a lot of good feedbacks I decided to try reading it. I got hooked but I think I'm not cut out for the dark and angsty fic coz I'm such a crybaby. I decided to stop at chapter 21 last night. Now some of my officemates are asking me if I'm okay coz apparently my eyes are still puffy and I'm still sleepy with a slight headache from lack of sleep...Arghhh, I promise myself I won't read EP at the office, wouldn't want to burst into tears in the middle of my work

NewJen - Yay good job on Susie's story. Hahaha so that's why the infamous Stoli shirt went missing

Susie - it's good that your hubs almost back to his normal self now.

Vicky - Yay there's book 3 already??? My book buddy and I are trying to get hold of Linger, no news here yet. I think if it happens for Mockingjay by August I'll go mad. Yeah I read all your reply's on FB. My spazz/rant is waaaayyy to short compared to yours :lol: Good luck on trying to finish the book tonight, I know your much more disciplined :lol: when it comes to meeting deadlines on your book readings. Not like me hahaha...Dude you have still Catching Fire to read after Linger. If something major comes up let me know...

Brienna - If it works for you, maybe I should start asking for those too. :lol: What's a Truckstar Festival? It sounds like a lot of fun

MissP - :lol: That's always on the list of my menu for the next 2-3 days. Calorie foods arghhhh, but who doesn't like it. I can eat rice now with soup and some soft bread (i can always dissolve it on some hot chocolate to make it "eatable"). Good luck with the remaining 4.4, if you can do the 95.6, 4.4 is just as simple as a snap of your fingers...

JennJenn - It's good to know your feeling better now. Yay have fun reading EP, some of the chapters made me cry last night, but yeah its addictive.

Be back later...
Have work to do
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~

SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:13 pm

Raine-Already I want to cry, and he just bought her! Man, this is gonna be a toughie for sure!

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:01 am

Well, I’ve been blissfully unproductive today. I went to the gym this morning and I’ve done nothing but sit in this chair and surf the net ever since. I am going to try and get in the bed a little earlier tonight. I need to get my body back on a schedule. I’m bad to stay up half the night and sleep half the day when I’m not in school.
OPEN FIRE~~ Goodnight and Sweet Rob dreams!
SUSIE~~ I think Rob would be okay with us taking his pic as long as we asked politely first and didn’t stalk him in order to get the pics. Yes… going through the clothes – and I have lots of them because I use to medicate with either food or shopping – is a chore. But, it is fun to see where I started and how far I’ve come. BTW…you can expect me for supper very soon! Supper tonight sounded yummy! LOL!
BELLSUZ~~ *WAVES!* Great letter to Ms. Bass! I soooo hope that bill passes!
JAZZ GIRL~~ Uh…let me guess. You decided to go back to the hotel and order room service and watch a movie on Lifetime! LOL!! So, how was viewing number 13?
DIANE~~ Sadness over Meisha? What happened? Did she do okay with the spaying today?
SWAN CULLEN~~ I have one full week left of summer vacation. *SIGH!* I am NOT ready to go back! Enjoy the EP ride! Be prepared to get ZERO sleep for the next few days!
DAZZLE~~ Yep. EP will test your will power! No sleep, no food, a roller coaster of emotions… Certainly not a good idea to read it at work. But it sure is GOOD!
Well, I’m off to play a little Bejeweled Blitz on FB before heading to bed! I’ll see you Girls tomorrow!

older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:01 am

Oh dear Lord :shock: THUD!
Rawwwwrrrrrrrr

Diane~ thanks for getting involved and trying to lend support to Rob (and other celebrities) that are hounded relentlessly by the ridiculous paparazzi. Hope that Meisha is okay.

Bellsuz~ Welcome to the Halfway House—it's good to hear from you. As you can see, most of the folks around here are pretty protective of Rob and are astounded at all the crap both he (and other celebrities) take from the press. Great job on your e-mail to the CA legislative leaders. I'm Tracy, by the way.

Missp~ You're down to a size 12—that's fantastic! I graduated in '86 and remember the REO Speedwagon songs well. I also liked Foreigner, Journey, etc. I would love to try and organize a visit if you're headed north sometime soon, especially if Susie is able to make her way over here as well. :D I'll send you a pm.

Raine~ I've got my minivan back, some $300.00 later, of course...but at least it's working. Cars are one of those things I completely take for granted until one of ours is out of commission—then it's so frustrating to coordinate getting hubs and I to work (over an hour away from one another), as well as getting the kids where they need to be. Your college didn't have classes on Mondays....were there regularly three-day weekends or did you have Saturday or Sunday classes instead?

Caryn~ You know you can't stop at 13--#13 being an unlucky number and all. :lol: How crowded was your theater at this time of night, for a weeknight showing?

Jaclyn~ You were too busy to see Eclipse? :o Just kidding. Unfortunately I'm probably finished with Eclipse viewings until the DVD release. I'll just have to be content with viewing lovely pictures and gif's of Robward and Krisella on the Lexicon. I enjoyed reading your thoughts about New Moon. I also liked Jake well enough through most of the book; until he hung up the phone on Edward, tried to stop Bella from seeing Alice and going to Italy, and when he tried to kiss Bella in the kitchen. :? The last 100 or so pages of NM left me breathless as well, and I wish Chris Weitz and Summit wouldn't have omitted so much of the Volterra trip and reunion scene. I so wanted to see Edward cradling a hysterical Bella in his arms in the reception area, as well as their entire plane ride home.

Marielle~ “Mike Schmike”--you're too funny :D

Sandy~ I hope your daughter's All-Star game went well tonight. You should be very proud! I wish we would have some cooler temperatures here too--the upper 90's and high humidity is getting old fast. :?

Jenn~ I'm glad you're feeling better today. Movies there cost only $7.00? Is that the price for a matinee? Our regularly priced movies are $10.50.

Susie~ How do you make your pie crust? My pie crust is usually taken from the red refrigerated Pillsbury box. :oops: I'm not a big pie maker, although we do have a great but simple recipe for a delicious fudge pie, and I just made some homemade chocolate cupcakes to take to work tomorrow. Your dinner sounds delicious and I love pesto! I was too lazy and never got around to planting any herbs this year. I'm glad your hubs is continuing to feel better. When you described Rob's scent from the limo scene of your fanfic.....oh my.... :shock: 8-)

Brienna~ the festival sounded like fun and I'm glad all of you had a great time.

Vicky~ Great rant you gave on Rob vs. The Papz issue. You go, girl! I'm sure Rob wishes he was back in the UK—at least the idiotic press would leave him alone.
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:07 am

OTF~~We were posting at the same time! :D oooo yeh! Foreigner is great, too! I'm open to whatever you want choose. Actually, I'm almost into 8's. My 12's are too big, and my 10's are getting that way. Seriously, I never thought I'd be saying that a year and a half ago! I never would have believed it was possible. God has just showed up and showed out with giving me the opportunity to regain my health! You organize a meeting with you, me, and Susie and I'll be there with bells on, Girl! That sounds like a ton of fun! :D

SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:10 am

Tracy-$7.00 is the price after 5 pm. The matinee is only $5.00 and that's before 5 pm. The theater has like I think 9 or 10 screens so maybe it being smaller is why. The only way they are more than $7.00 is when they are in 3D, and then it's like $10 or $11.

Missp-Can I just say again congrats on your weight loss! That is fantastic that you can do that girl :D (I posted and it showed that you had posted to I had to edit my post )