Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

Post by dazzel21 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:05 am

Hey Ladies how did your weekend go?!?!

Just on hour left here before the weekend is over, I'm so glad tomorrow's a holiday here. :D . I just found out that the local release of Eclipse DVD here will be on the 6th of December and that the store is already accepting reservations. Yay! They will also be giving free desk calendars and posters to those who would reserve until November. Yap, I'll definitely be at the store bright and early Tuesday morning, well as soon as the mall opens :lol:

Marielle - hihi weird dreams!!! I meant to say that the only dreams I don't remember are the ones that has Rob in it, which is why it sucks big time. Just once I want to have a Rob dream that I could actually remember so that I could share it with you ladies :cry: . No worries, I have been in my pajamas all day too! Even when I did the laundry I was wearing one :lol: .

Ginnie - Hope you're having fun at your hubs birthday.

Jaclyn - Thankfully no we don't wear hats or gloves during the cold seasons. Just some thick hoodies or jackets would suffice. Some wear scarves though :D .

Chrissy - Hi! Welcome to our humble abode here at the Lex. Feel free to post and get to know everyone. We're all really friendly and like meeting fellow Robward lovers. I'm Raine btw. I'm from the Philippines.

Oh yeah, before I forgot I was able to reach Vicky through FB today. She promised to drop by and say hello to all you ladies after she got off from work.

See you all later. Have a great Sunday girls.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~

TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:53 am

Good morning ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA, I've been having some personal issues with the hubs so I've been trying to cut back a bit. The issues aren't about my time here, but I've been trying to pay more attention to him and the kids the last few days anyway. Doesn't seem to have helped much, but I'm not gonna go there and put a damper on anyones Sunday :)

Crissy~ Welcome!! My name is (obviously) Tammy and I'm forty-something :oops: Like everyone here, I adore anything Rob and Twilight related thanks to my 15 year old daughter and her incessant nagging to get me to read the books then watch the first movies. Been hooked ever since :) I also have a 17 year old son and I'm sarried. As a matter of fact our 21st wedding anniversary is on the 28th of this month :) I'm also the unofficial maker of banners, wallpaper or any other photoshop needs you may have. I think this is my favorite other than my sig so far

and this is my latest (sorry girls I forgot to save it before I tagged it)

Marielle~ It's a bit cold and rainy here in WY too. I'm actually very suprised we haven't had any snow yet. Usually the first snowfall is around the first week of Oct. but nothing yet....here's hoping for an easy winter this year!

Ginnie~ Happy Birthday to the hubs! :) I hope it's a great day for both of you!

Ack...hubs is wanting to go grocery shopping...I'll be back on later to say hi to everyone I missed!!

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)

BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Hello Marielle, Jaclyn, Raine, & Tammy. Thank you for the welcome, I really appreciate it. =)

Ok.... a bit more about myself.. hmm.. well, I'm 19, I'll be 20 on March (Pisces!). I am originally from Chicago, IL, (thats in the US) but I've recently moved to another state. I am in my freshman year of college, my major is Web Programming and I want to eventually branch off into Web/Graphic Design (I'm a techno geek). I have no children and I am a music addict! :D. Anything else you ladies want to know feel free to ask. ;)

Marielle: I ALWAYS have to remember to keep it PG-13 here! I've had to edit so many of my post :lol: I can't help it though, Rob has the effect on the best of us. =)

Jaclyn: Thanks again for the welcome. Loved the RobCrack hahaha. I actually have 2 favorite pictures of Rob right now. 1 and 2

Raine: I am most definitely a Robward lover! Robert is an amazing actor.

Tammy: Lol, me and your daughter seem to have the nagging in common. I begged my aunt to watch the movies and now she loves them like I do (she likes the movies and not the books. I love the books more than I do the movies). Congratulations on the anniversary! 21 years? That's amazing. I'm always happy to see marriages succeed and especially now when so many are failing. You're very blessed. Me and you have something in common too, I'm also a graphic designer. I do most of the banners you may see in my sig sometimes. I like both of yours! I've done a couple Rob banners recently. Here are 2 of my favorites. 1 and 2 I made this 1 one day when I was speaking with a fellow Rob lover on Twitter. We were discussing how we couldn't possibly keep living without an album from Rob soon ;)

Well thank you again ladies and I'll be sure to stop by frequently. Enjoy your day! =)
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse

newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Another episode of totally random responses to whatever I was able to catch up on. I was only able to read about three pages back, so I apologize for any omissions, duplications, etc.

I am jealous of all you lazy people! I love being lazy! I am very lazy! My current commitments do not permit the necessary amount of laziness.

Last weekend was a big deal for me. My aunt was getting married, at 64 the last of my mom’s 5 sisters to do so. I went off to New York (Long Island) without my husband and kids so it represented a rare time-away-by-myself moment. If you can call going to a family event with about 4000 aunts, uncles and cousins “by myself.” Also immediately upon arrival Friday night I began to put together the wedding cake.
I drove up with my dad, which was great….he is one of the best people in the whole world and I seldom get him all to myself. Seriously if you met him you would think he was one of the best people in the whole world too. In fact, there was a rather awkward moment when one of my aunts, a little worse for wine and wedding stress, latched onto him and started loudly declaring over and over that he was one of her favorite people in the whole world.

Susie
, Nepalese food? Would love to try! I’m sorry to hear about Sonny Boy’s breakup….I’m dreading having to see my boys go through that one day. (I’m also dreading paying for college, holy bajolies! Ladies, if you haven’t had your kids yet make sure they have 4 or more years space between them!)

Did you know the director of “Motorcycle Diaries” has just finished directing Kristen in “On the Road”?

Fifi, never heard the word “grafter” before. I would’ve assumed it was connected to “grifter”. Do you have that word in England? Actually I’m not sure I knew that word until the John Cusack/Angelica Huston/Annette Benning movie “The Grifters.” Con artists, kind of the opposite meaning!

Velvet 409
Christina? HI! I’m NewJen (though the old Jen isn’t around anymore!) I’m in Durham, NC with a husband and 3 boys and a bad bad Robsession. I wasn’t even all the way on the Twilight bus until he swaggered into that cafeteria.

Jaclyn
, LASER TAG? All my previous impressions are true, you are a cool aunt!

Caryn, glad your conference went well, wish I had such a noble excuse for my absence.

Exciting to see all the Deathly Hallows references. I can’t believe it’s so close now! I literally get tingles up the back of my neck when I think about it.

Missp I’m so sorry about your friend…..can I ask what happened (curiosity makes it a rather selfish question….I’m 41 myself)?

And hi to Chrissy! Welcome!

TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Crissy~ I would love to get into graphic/web design. That is actually something I have been thinking very seriously about going to school for. As of right now, I'm completely "un-trained" :oops: I just downloaded GIMP and started playing with it until I got it to do most of the things I wanted it to :) Now that the hubs has a great job (he got a promotion and raise last week!!) I don't have to worry about working and I can concentrate my efforts on improving myself for a while

I have some work that I have done for Diane on another site...here is my profile page and I did the header that is on the site now. I would love for you to take a look and let me know what you think and maybe give me some pointers? You're the first person I've met that has any experience with design and I would love to learn more :)

Caryn~ I never did give you a proper welcome back!! Just know that you've been missed...probably more than you know :)

Susie~ I haven't been doing much...just like I said earlier, trying to smooth some things over with the hubs. It'll get better (it always does lol ) but until it does it just puts me in a funk that takes me a few days to shake off :(

I'm gonna go watch a little football with the family, and I'll be back later to check up on everyone!!

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)

BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:05 pm

newtonscricket: Hi, nice to meet you. =)

Tammy: I tried to look but it said I had to be a member to view it. Sorry. When I first started with graphic design it was my entire life! :lol: When I registered for school I decided to take up Web Programming instead of diving head first into Graphic Design. With that I'd have to take drawing classes and all types of other things that I would have horribly failed in :( I started around 2004/5 and I've been working at it ever since. I started with Paint Shop Pro 9 and Animation Shop 3. Now I use PhotoShop and I'm still working my way around it. I plan on taking a PhotoShop class for my spring semester comming up so if you're up for it you could learn what I learn while I'm learning it :D Congrats on your husbands promotion AND raise! 8-) I'd love to take a look at some more of your work. Do you have a Designer Name? If you have FaceBook you can add me to see the rest of my things. I usually post new ones there and I also have a couple of my old graphics.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict

bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:30 pm

dazzel21 wrote:Oh yeah, before I forgot I was able to reach Vicky through FB today. She promised to drop by and say hello to all you ladies after she got off from work.
:lol: yes yes i did lol, im sorry girlies ive totally been neglecting my lexing :oops: im blaming it on how busy ive been and boy brain...not that anything has really happened on that front :| except a whole ton of talking but psha ill take that.
anywaaaayysss enough of my ramblings nice to know ive kind of been missed :lol: ive just been immersed in some stuff thats happening right now or that im trying to make happen should i say, been trying to work out the whole moving in with my friends ness, its really annoying because i just want it to happen now, ha what can i say im epically impatient, but we all need to save up money and get jobs in the city we want to live in first so i dont think its going to happen until feb next year, hopefully no longer than that else i might go insane :lol: and aside from that ive just been working and spending some fun nights out with my bestest friends, who i dont neccessarily get to see all that often as they all live in said city that i want to move to :lol:
i promise to try to post at least a little more often but next month is quite possibly more busy than this one has been so ill do my best
right soooo people fill me in on any key things that ive missed........

p.s. chrissy wecome to the halfway house
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**

Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Happy Sunday, Everyone!

I did lots of grocery shopping today and will actually cook dinner tonight! I'm making Moussaka, which we all love, since we have eggplant (aubergine) from the farmers' market. I've already made my apple pie and it smells DELICIOUS!

WELCOME CHRISSY!! Don't be alarmed that I'm old enough to be your mother and in fact have a 17 year old boy (senior in hs) and a 20 year old girl (Jr in college) !!! :o Actually, I'm more of the cool older sister, or in your case, aunt! Just ask any of the regulars here...Right, ladies?? I'm in Minneapolis, one state away from you. I'm so curious about which college you're at, but perhaps you don't want to divulge that info. ISU, UofI, or maybe even Grinnell??? (my daughter's ex-boyfriend goes there, and if you run into him, DON'T discuss Twilight. :lol: ) I teach adult English as a Second Language PT and I have actually traveled and met 8 of my Halfway House sisters!! I like your banners!!!

New Jen!! You came back!!! And as hilarious as ever - that dry humor really gets me! I'm glad you had a good time at the wedding. I'm sure the boys ate pizza and ice cream every night you were gone and really appreciate you now, right? Thanks for the info on the director for "On the Road"! Can't wait to see it. Can't wait to see "Welcome to the Rileys" which is coming out this week, I believe. Go Kristen!! BEAUTIFUL CAKE - Kudos!!!

Tammy - Sorry you're having a bad spell with hubs - I've been married 24 years and been through lots of downs with the ups!! The main thing is that you work through them. It's good for your kids to see that adults can work through problems. If you ever want to PM.......So, you don't have to look for a job right now? That's great. You should definitely check out graphic design courses in your area. Wouldn't it be great to get paid doing what you love?

Vicky
- I'm so glad you're back, DUDE. I didn't want to keep bugging you on fb, but soon I was going to make one last pitch - "How could you forget me after all we've been through together? Alice look-a-like, Rob fanfics, our almost meeting in London, you calling me 'dude' and me calling you 'ace'...." I've been heart broken!! :cry: Now I'm happy! :D It's great that you're starting to make plans to move in with friends - to London? or another town? The almost boyfriend.....it sure can be distracting!!! Just grab him and do a little snogging!

Raine - You're going to get a free desk calendar and a poster just for reserving your Eclipse DVD? COOL!!! The time's going to go fast now - soon I'll be having my Eclipse viewing party!! 8-) Thanks for convincing Vicky to come back!!

Jaclyn - It sounds like you have had the perfect balance of laziness and productivity today!! I'm sure your bf appreciates all that cleaning. Race walking - I'm impressed!! Were you walking on the busy road? I'd be afraid of getting hit. It sounds like you had a fun, full day yesterday, so you deserve to rest a little today. That way you'll be ready for work tomorrow.

Marielle - I haven't gotten around to cleaning out my closet either!!! I'm going to just keep my image of you in a hot pink tennis skirt for my story if you don't mind! :lol:

Desiree? Oh, Desiree --- where for art thou, Desiree??

Time to start cooking!!

See you later!

BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Hello Vicky (that's my moms name ;) ), how was your day?

Hi Susie, thank you for the welcome! I appreciate it. Age doesn't alarm me at all, just happy I found more people who love Twilight/Robert :) . I'm a freshman in college. My first year! I'm a bit strapped for $$$ So I've started at a Community College to recieve an AAS (Associates in Applied Science) in Computer Analyst - Business/Web Programming and I'm gonna take a couple other classes that could help me. After graduation I'm going to see about transferring to a University. I go to farily small CC so you probably wouldn't know it if I told you hahaha. Yes, you're one state above me. I moved from Chicago to a city in Iowa. It sucks here! I miss my home a lot now. At first I was excited about moving to a new place because I love a bit of change every now and then (this explains why I can't keep my room situated the same way for more than 2 months). Now, I miss all of my family and the couple of friends that I did have. I don't know anyone here :( . Ok, I'll stop boring you with my sorrows :lol: . Wow 8?! I used to like a couple of R&B music artist and I used to love traveling and going to meet message board sisters at concerts. I'm actually still friends with a couple of them. I always like meeting new people. Thank you! I love graphic design. It takes a bit of patience but it's always worth it when you get the finished product and like it. Tammy told me she likes graphic design too. Looks like we'll be giving each other advice soon if she'd like to. :)

velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:47 pm

Good Sunday evening all!

Caryn~ Good luck to your hubs and enjoy playing some more with your Kindle!

Ginnie~ Wow! I remember the last time I went to Celebration. It was in 1997 when they released the Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition. My dad and I drove down to Celebration to see Return of the Jedi because the theater was new and it was the first one in the area to have stadium seating. I can totally relate to your Twilight movie-going experience. I saw New Moon and Eclipse several times by myself because I didn't have anyone else to go with. If you don't mind my asking, what happened when you saw New Moon? I would be thrilled to go see Breaking Dawn with you next year! I don't know how many times I'll end up seeing it (I saw New Moon 5 times and Eclipse 8) but at least once will be on the IMAX at Pointe Orlando. I'm even more excited for BD now. Colorado? That is quite a change in climate! And good for you using your talent for charity.

missp~ Sorry to hear about your classmate and my heart goes out to her family. 53 is indeed a small class; mine had 450 people.

Jaclyn~ 5 languages? I second your wow! I took French and I actually did visit France when I was in high school, but I was never very good at speaking it (my American accent gets in the way) and I really had no use for it back home so a lot has faded from my memory.

Susie~ Don't get me wrong if I wanted to take a vacation they'd let me and I do take a few extra days during the holidays. It just makes them kind of anxious when I'm not there. I like my job, but I definitely try to leave work at work and use my leisure time for other things. Thank you for the compliments on my writing. It's probably a result of all the reading I do. I always try to use proper grammar and honestly it seems to be a dying art. I have seen so many people who can't string a single coherent sentence together without reverting to text-speak or something like that. I feel your pain about the cost of college in this country. I went to an expensive private school and while I had scholarships and other financial aid I still ended up with sizable student loans by the time I finished my bachelor's degree. It is really exciting that Ginnie and I are so close and it looks like we'll be seeing Breaking Dawn together too.

Chrissy~ Welcome! I'm Christina and also a newbie to the Halfway House. I'm sure the ladies here will make you feel right at home.

NewJen~ Hi! Hope life calms down enough for you hang out with us more. Yes I also quite enjoy that cafeteria strut and what a pretty cake!

Ok wanted to share a quick story:
First, some background. I have been working with a personal trainer for a few years. We talk a lot while working out so she knows me and my interests pretty well. For my birthday earlier this year she got me a New Moon tote bag and even got the Team right! She's never seen the movies or read the books, but she's seen and heard enough from me (and the woman who has the appointment before mine who's also a fan) to know the actors and some basic plot points. I get to choose the music playing while I'm working out and during a recent session I put on the Twilight soundtrack. Never Think came on and started a funny conversation.

Trainer: Who sings this song?
Me: That would be Robert Pattinson.
Trainer: :o You're kidding! The cute one?
Me: Yep. He's got it all: looks, acting ability and musical talent.
Trainer: *impressed* Wow! He's a triple threat!
Me: You better believe it. ;)
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."