Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

Post by openfire »

Evening folks,

Tonight we are going to see Paranormal Activity 2 - has anyone seen the first one? I liked it a lot and thought it was very freaky... Hopefully this one will be good too!

CARYN!! I'm so glad that everything went well for you! And that's great about the turnout - it sounds like the whole thing went down well. And I'm sure positive that your hubs & boys will be happy to have you back too!
Haha, that's too funny that you put Twilight onto your new Kindle - mega points to your super sweet hubs to buy you it! I considered getting one so I could read fanfic too, but then I thought maybe I shouldn't or I would never get anything else done :lol:
You should go to laser tag - it doesn't hurt at all. The only kinda bad thing about it is, it's dark (obviously) so sometimes you walk into a wall LOL. Or maybe that's just me Haha! Paintballing defo hurts more I'd say - I've never been; I'm too chicken :lol:

Susie - I hope you had fun at the museum party! What kind of costumes do people wear?

Tracy - Yep I started reading the Edward's PoV of Only Human - I hope the author does manage to update it at somepoint as I would love to be in his head during some of the later chapters. I suppose Only Human is the closest to canon I have read - and I really did like it a lot!!
Have a great weekend - we'll see ya when you get back! :)

Marielle - Wow that is defo a crazy dream!! You are gonna be so busy the next few weeks - whew!

Ann Marie - Your weekend sounds busy, but fun! I had never painted a room either until I got my new house. I painted all the walls & stuff myself and I actually thought it was a lot of fun :lol:
I love The X Factor but I don't like One Direction sorry :lol: I want Aiden or Matt to win! I also like Mary but I don't think she will win...

Ginnie - You made me smile with your post! That's actually the first thing I thought of when Christina told us she lived in Florida! You never know, you might live just down the road or something from each other! Now that would be coolio :D

Tomorrow my sister's MiL is having a Guitar Hero day/night - but we are going to a concert tomorrow night so we will only be able to go up for a short time. Apparently 23 people are coming (she doesn't have that big a house...no idea how they will all fit :lol: ). I hope everyone has a fun/relaxing Satrurday planned - see ya then!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

• Hi! I'm back-- I finished my project for inclusion in the Fandom for Preemies effort just last night. It will be published in a compilation they are putting together as a gift to those who donate to the cause. All money raised goes to the March of Dimes and you can check out their website for more info. I can tell you, as can Susie who beta'd for me, that my contribution is the steamiest thing I've written yet!

Now I just have to clean up the house which was completely neglected this week! Hubby's birthday is on Sunday as well, so the major cleaning comes at a good time. I have some shopping to do for him, and a meal to plan and shop for, then if course, I have his cake to bake. Just call me Betty Crocker. And can I just say... thank God for Epicurious!! Love that website!

Christina~ I'm so happy you joined and started posting. Yeah! I'm in my early 30's, married with 2 kids & a dog. We're located in Central Florida and I love it here. I moved down after college to work for The Mouse, as did my hubby. We met here and married here, so we stayed here. You? Are you from Florida or are you a transplant like so many of us?? I hope you don't mind me asking... :? Like you, I love fanfiction. Not quite as much as I love the original saga, but I'm still hopelessly addicted. I also write a bit, duh... I think I made that clear at the top of the page. :roll: Anyway, like someone else said, there is a thread dedicated to fanfic & that's another place you'll find me. Well, I guess we'll see you soon and I look forward to getting to know you!

Tammy~ I'm so sorry about the insomnia. I don't know what kind of prescription meds your on, or your medical history... BUT, when I really need to sleep & don't want to use a "sleeping pill" I use Advil PM. (It's really just ibuprofen with some Benadryl in it.) I've also been known to have a glass of red wine about 20 minutes after taking the Advil PM. (Not sure if that's a good thing to do, but it works for me.) PS-- Thanks for the lovely images. *sigh*

Susie~ Sorry to hear about Sonny Boy's ex-girl not being so nice to him. Hopefully, he moves on to better things. Being young is hard, isn't it? Also, thank you again. I'm not gonna stop saying that for a while! :lol: I hope your Staycation is a success. Little Lady had the day off today too. We're being lazy as Saturdays & Sundays around here require leaving the house by 10am, which is better than 7am, but still doesn't allow for staying in ones jammies all day!

Sandy~ Wow. You are going through so much right now. I hope we provide a necessary distraction around here. What a scare with your husband! What did the doctors say, is he still at risk? As for your eldest... how old is she? I started having anxiety attacks my senior year. There was no one trigger, it was so many things: Pressure to know what I wanted to be when I grew up, college applications, homework, ex-curr. activities, boys, friends, siblings, even money. How to pay for gas, how to pay college... on and on. I hope your able to help her find a productive way to deal with whatever is causing her stress. I find it interesting as a parent now, I would be likely to take myself to the counselor first to get help for how I should handle that situation as her parent. Even having gone through it myself, it's different when it's your child suffering. Hang in there, mama!!

Brienna~
My heart just goes out to you, girl! Here you need a hug!

Jaclyn~ I just have one question, TEA at McDonald's??? Is that the UK equivalent of "having a snack" at McD's? Whatever is means, it made me giggle! Laser tag sounded like it was fun! You are SuperAunt!! Another HH superhero... ;) EDIT:: Saw your post, have fun at the concert tomorrow! 23 people for Guitar Hero?? How many video game consoles does she have?! LOL

Marielle~ Quite the dream you had there... Let me ask you, do you talk in your sleep at all? I do, and trust me, it's very embarrassing having to explain why Edward and Hubs names would both come out in the same sentence. LOL!

Anne Marie~ Hi!! What's your favorite Beatles track? It's an unfair question, b/c I'm not sure I could choose just one. If I had to pick, maybe it would be, "I Wanna Hold Your Hand"? Or "Here Comes the Sun"?

Tonise~ So, Coach huh? I guess I missed it, but I'm not sure a playa is worthy of your attention. I'm personally too much of a sap to NOT get involved emotionally when men are concerned. It's a good thing I don't have to worry about such games anymore. I had my heart trampled on more times than I care to remember... half the time it was my own dang fault. As Susie said, just be careful and report back to us. ;)

Tracy~ Sandy's post made me wonder how your MiL is doing? Glad to hear they got home safely. That must be a small relief.

Raine~ Girls night looked fun! I miss those days... I like the glasses too! 8-)

Caryn!~ Your event sounds like it was a huge success! Congrats and Welcome back. On the Kindle, I started to tell you to check out the question Rings posted over on the Fanfiction Discussion Thread, then I realized it was you who'd answered it!! :lol: Have fun playing with your new toy!

Laters babies!! Ginnie
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Girls!

I'm just making a quick post before hubs and I watch a movie. Hope you're all doing well - I'll have to do my proper mega post tomorrow!

See you then!
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Caryn~ Nice to meet you! It's nice to know I'm not alone in my addiction and that I apparently have good taste too. I had read other fanfic in the past and knew how easy it is to get sucked in. I swore I wouldn't go there with Twilight but so much for that resolution. I believe it was a post of yours that led me to both Tropic of Virgo and Only Human so thank you. Speaking of MafiaPrinceWard, it sounds kind of crazy but I kept noticing parallels between his character and Tyler from Remember Me. I'll use the invisible font for those who don't want to see plot spoilers:

1. Both come from a wealthy, priviledged family.
2. Both suffered the tragic loss of a close family member.
3. No real direction in life.
4. Strained relationship with their fathers.
5. Anger management issues that land them both in jail.
6. Both meet a special girl (with her own tragic past) who help them start to heal their emotional scars.

Congrats on getting a Kindle. I've wanted one for a while. You can download fanfiction to a Kindle? Now I want one even more! :lol: My blackberry gets the job done but that screen is rather small.

Tracy~ Thanks for the pm. I understand completely about waiting for EP. I came into the story on the cusp of a major heartfail moment but it was too late for me to stop reading; I just had to know what would happen next.

Marielle~ My stepfather's family is Dutch, although several generations removed from Holland. I think he knew a little Dutch at one time but he doesn't remember at all now. Speaking of which, to you and all the others here for whom English is a second language: I am very impressed. I wish I could be so fluent in another language. Things might be different now but when I was in school there just wasn't any emphasis placed on learning a foreign language. You took two years in high school and maybe one more year in college and that was it.

Ginnie~ Hello! I had actually planned to ask you where in Florida you were when I saw your location. Sunshine State indeed. We've certainly had plenty of that lately; not a drop of rain for weeks! I'm really liking the milder temps and lack of humidity though. This kind of weather is what makes our summers worth dealing with. I remember when some of the actors came for the opening of the new Harry Potter park and they were having to carry around hand towels to wipe the sweat that was constantly dripping down their faces. I saw an interview with Daniel Radcliffe on the news where the weather was mentioned and he said he'd never experienced anything like this in his life and I had to smile at the interviewer's response: "Welcome to Florida." I am Central Florida born and raised, have lived here my entire life. It actually took me a while to realize how rare that is, because as you said most of our population are transplants. Visiting other places is fine but this is home to me and I'll never live anywhere else. I even stayed close for college (Stetson alum). Odds are we live less than an hour away from each other. Wouldn't it be freaky if, like Jaclyn said, it turned out we only lived down the street from each other? What state do you originally hail from?
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Evening, Sisters! Missed you all today. I swear, playing catch up from conference is almost as bad as the event itself.

Tracy~ I wish I could share the presentation with you all. It actually went really well. But, it was essentially discussion. I would show a clip or read an excerpt and then we would discuss the dynamics and impact. It’s kind of both. The attendees at our conference are professionals who work with abuse survivors, ie advocates (mostly), law enforcement officers, prosecutors, counselors and others. But, as it’s very common for dv advocates to be survivors, for their passion for the work to stem from that experience, it’s really both. Yes, I am taking off a few days next week. The boys have fall break, so it works out. <LOL> Closet 90210 fan. I loved that show, at least the early seasons. The latter years kind of jumped the shark, but I still remember watching the finale.

Marielle~ Ooooh, thank you thank you thank you, then. Absolutely!! By the time I got home, I REALLY NEEDED a good dose of RobCrack. I think one of the only things that got me through the week was having Rob as my wallpaper on the Crackberry. I would pull him out when I needed a breath…you know, a reminder that there was still peace and beauty in the world.

Ginnie~ :lol: It’s always nice to find a sister so close. No shame in it. Just kind of makes you feel like the world isn’t so far out of balance. So awesome that you contributed to Fandom for Preemies!! Such a fantastic cause. Yes, I’ve definitely been having loads of fun with the Kindle. Right now, I’m checking out the best way to load up the fanfic. I have a few pdfs and Kindle can read those, but the formatting can be wonky. So, I’m playing with the websites to see what I can do.

Jaclyn~ How was PA2? I don’t normally see those kinds of movies. I don’t really like being scared. To me, real life can be scary enough. But, I hope you liked it. Yeah, I’m a total wuss when it comes to paintball. I usually stay closes to our fort and function as the last line of defense. That keeps me out of the line of fire the longest.

Susie~ What did you two crazy kids end up watching?

Christina~ TeeHee. We were duel-posting. :D Ooooh, nicely caught on the paralels between EP and RM! An interesting comparison, for sure. Well, once I discover the best way to do it, I'll make sure to let everyone know about fanfic on the Kindle. I'm such a techgeek that all I can think about is getting a little free time to sit and really play with it.

Well, wish us luck. Tomorrow, Hubs cross country team runs in the semi state meet. It’s the furthest they’ve advanced in several years and he’s so bloody cute when he’s nervous. So, first thing in the morning, I will load the boys in the car and follow the school bus about 45 minutes to cheer on the team. Yes, the Kindle is already packed. :lol:

Alright, girls. Too bed with me. I’m still catching up on sleep from the last two weeks. Hmmm, I think this might bring me some very sweet dreams.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

velvet409 wrote: Odds are we live less than an hour away from each other. Wouldn't it be freaky if, like Jaclyn said, it turned out we only lived down the street from each other? What state do you originally hail from?

Christina~It's sounds like we are VERY CLOSE!! A thought that has me bouncing up and down again!! I went to see New Moon and Eclipse alone ( @AMC Celebration 2- just to give you an idea ;) ) It was fine, & I usually don't mind going solo to the movies, but I was a little envious of the groups of ladies there who had a ball squealing and laughing together. It's funny, I actually think one of my first posts on the Lex was in regards to my New Moon experience, and I'm positive that I asked around before Eclispe came out to see if anyone in Florida was going, but to no avail. So... Maybe, just maybe... I might finally have found someone to go see Breaking Dawn with next year?? Maybe? Just the possibility is exciting... I only hope I don't scare you off before then, LOL!! :lol: EDIT:: I'm originally from Colorado.

Susie~ Another short post!?! I actually have to say I'm sort of proud of you for spending time with hubs first before getting to the mega-post. Fist pump, girl!!

Caryn~ You're posting too, so I'll edit this in a bit. But, I "see" you!
EDIT:: Yes, I'm a little excited about Christina joining the flock!! Is it that obvious?? te he... Good Luck to Hubs & the boys! And thank you so, so, much for the Sweet Dreams!!! Wowza! I haven't ever seen that before! Thank you. :D
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi,Girls. It's with a heavy heart and troubled mind that I drop by tonight. The Addison High School class of 1987 lost a friend today. She was only 41 years old and had a son in his 20's and a 3rd grade daughter in our school. There were only 53 of us in my graduating class - Addison is a very small town. We girls from the class were scheduled to have a little reunion tomorrow, and Tracy A. was going to be there. :( We are still going to meet and have a good time remembering her smile and laughter. Then, we're all going to go over as a class and take the food we have left over to her parents house.

On a lighter note, Brakeman #68 and the Dawgs won their game tonight! One more regular season game and then the playoffs start! :D

Okay. I'm off to bed. It's been a long day. I'll be back tomorrow sometime. Love to you all!

WAR EAGLE!!!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning ladies…

It’s weekend!!!! I bet most of you are still sleeping but when you wake up it will be the start of your weekend…

Ann-marie, F1 is early Sunday, specially for you, will you be watching the live race or are you going to wait for the 13.00 repeat…I’m going to try and wake up early but I overslept today for the Qualification…

Tracy, have fun this weekend…

Jaclyn, I heard Paranormal activity 2 isn’t as good as the first one but still very scary…please tell me what you thought…
Have fun playing GH…I’m sure you’ll win big time…

Ginnie, yeah my bf says I do talk when I dream but that it is a jumble of words and he can’t make sense of it…nut yeah I do worry sometimes that I say things that aren’t meant for his ears…

Christina, thanks for the sweet words on the language issue… for me English is more natural as Dutch, I know it sounds crazy but I started to read the English version of Harry Potter when I was 21, and now at my work all communication is in English, that and with the lot of post I make, I think and communicate more in English as in Dutch…besides I do dream about moving to the UK some day…

Caryn, I’m sure you needed to know the beauty and peace with such a busy schedule… are you going to have some time off now that you have worked like a 100 hours in one week?

Aww, Tonise, I’m sorry…I’m sending good vibes to lift your heart a bit…

What I wanted to ask you girls, next week it’s Halloween, any plans?

Okay, Rob-crack and BD-news will have to wait until tonight, I really have to get dressed and get some food in the house…my stomach is rumbling…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Morning all,

This is the first Saturday is a long time that I didn't have to get up at a certain time!! It felt great just waking up when I wanted rather than the alarm going off :D

The film last night was really good! It was quite freaky and had some moments where my friend, my bf and I were all holding onto one another ( :lol: ) . I would recommend it to people! (although you maybe should have saw the first one before you see this one!).

Ginnie - That's great you're doing the fanfic for charity!! What are you gonna cook for hubs birthday? I hope he has a wonderful day!
Haha, when I say "tea at McDonals" I mean dinner ;)
Nope she just has 1 Wii, but 3 mics, millions of guitars & 2 sets of drums I think. We will all just be taking turns etc. I hope I get good songs :? :lol:

Christina - I agree about wishing I knew another language... In Scotland you take 2 years at high school (I did German) but then that's it...you can take it at Higher level, but I didn't. I really wish we were made to learn a language! I know a few people who can speak 5 languages or so and I am just like :shock: wow!

Caryn - The film was good - freaky, but done really well I thought. Have you seen the first one? I didn't know how exactly they were gonna work it in, but the story they came up with worked really well. There defo were a few "aargh!" moments!
I hope you have a great day today & good luck to the hubs!

missp - I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend :( She was so young...I hope you have a good night remember lots of happy memories of her.

Marielle - Yay for the weekend!! :D
Does your bf speak as good English as you do? I can't remember if I've asked you this before, so sorry if I have, but do you have to learn English at school? Or did you just pick it up?
Yeah Paranormal Activity was really good. Like I said to Caryn I wasn't sure how they were gonna work it with the last film, but it was done really well. I really liked it. I would say it was prolly a bit less freaky than the first one, but defo still had some hair-standing-on-end moments... The cinema all screamed together at several points!
Nope no plans for Halloween...we don't normally do much here. What about yourself?

Oh man there is no milk in the house :( And my bf is at work which means I will need to go and get it (haha, can you tell I'm being lazy the now?? :lol: ) I need to head to the bank anyways, so see ya later!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hey Ladies!!!

Happy Saturday. I love weekends specially long weekends :D . It's a local holiday on Monday and then 4 more days of work then Saturday next week we're all going back home, to the town where I grew up, for a 4 day vacation/Memorial day on November 1. I am so looking forward to that...

Anyway, I slept until 12nn today so I'm feeling well rested and ready to do another all nighter this night. Went to the dentist this afternoon for the monthly braces adjustment and then went to the weekend bazaar, I wanted to do a little shopping. Unfortunately it was cut short because it starts drizzling at around sunset and I have no plans of being wet while shopping :(

Tracy - I love the "talk" between Charlie and Bella in Eclipse and if it will the same for Carlisle and Edward in BD I'm sure its going to be epic :D . We're still waiting for the cinemas to announce if there will be an advance screening, if not we'll watch it on the first day with some of my college buddies. I'm a shipper for James Potter/Lily Evans fanfic even though they're mostly minor characters in HP. My favorite James/Lily fanfic would have to be "Every Other Midnight"

Jaclyn - Yay on your mom reading the Twilight saga. Wish I could do the same with my mom but every time she see's me with any Twilight book she would just sigh and told me how many times do I have to read vampire books :roll: . EP is almost finished only 2 epilogues remaining. I love freaky horror movies...I'll have to find out about Paranormal Activity 2, I've watched the first one and it gives me the creeps for sometime.

Susie - Aw I'm sorry about your son's break up with his GF. Thanks Susie, I love the cocktail glasses too and of course the cocktails itself. Yummy margarita...When I say cold, it means cold for us Filipinos who's used to the tropical weather :D .

Christina - Now that you have a face to go with the name :lol: I might as well share some basic info too. Well as you know already I'm Raine, I'm 26 and from Manila, Philippines. I'm an accountant, single and I live with big bro and his family. I have a really cute 16 month old niece who I'm crazy about. Love reading anything that I could get my hands into and loves staying online waaay past my bedtime specially during the weekends :lol:

Caryn - Yay you're back!!! Is it for good this time??? We miss you a lot. That yummy blue drink you want is my yummy margarita :lol: . Best drink after a hard days work.

Marielle - I love your crazy Rob dream. Darn it why do you girls always have the best Rob dream while I can't remember any. I know I dream about him but by the time I woke up I can't just put the pieces together :lol: Plans for Halloween: We'll all go back home, as in home where I grew up. Halloween for us is Memorial Day/All Souls Day/Day of the Dead or whatever it is you girls called it. It will also serve as vacation time for us. We'll be going on Saturday next week and then be back on the 2nd of November...

AnnMarie - Sounds like a busy weekend. Have fun...

Tonise - Aw sorry for your lost. I can't imagine how hard it is to lose a friend...

Yay finally updated!!! That's about it.
I hear big bro hollering for dinner already :lol: . Our weekend chef, that's our inside joke..
Gotta go. See you all later...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~