Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

Post by marielle »

Hey girls...

Quick evening post...
soccer is about to start so I have spme time to do my fanfic writing or reading, I wonder who will win tonight...

Vicky and Caryn, you girls are kidnapping my news.. :lol: ...no matter it got to be shared somehow...
I like that girl they are looking at for Renesmee...she looks good...I wonder how and if she can act...

Caryn, I know wardrobes can be frustrating...specially when you are wearing something that just doesn't feel right,...but I'm not a big fan of the turtle neck...I'm the V-neck kind of girl...
You never told us, did you gift from the UK arrived? ;)
All seriously, did you get nice presents?

Tammy, do you have any idea how jealous I am of you right now...nice liveable weather :shock: ...I'm so going in hibernation this year...
btw, I suck at State names specially when you cut them short, correct me if I'm wrong... AZ = Arizona and WY = Wyoming?
( I hope I don't offend anyone :oops: )

Jaclyn, I really don't like winter weather...my policy is clear on that, yes it can snow but only on christmas eve (and it has to be gone on Boxing day) and yes it is allowed to be freezing cold as long as we can iceskate on natural ice and Hot chocolate is served...besides that I'm a spring and summer girl...30C and beach weather makes me a happy person...although I am allergic to, too muck sunlight...

Edit: good lord even the dutch new paper are reporting on the casting of Renesmee and Irina for BD...looks like Holland finally caught up on the wonderful world of veggie vamps!!
Last edited by marielle on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

Marielle~ Yep you got 'em right :)

And I just got done reading a great fic...a few spelling errors (I'm a little OCD about that) but a really great story and the lemons are delicious :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4992721/46/ ... _Assistant
Bella Swan, personal assistant to handsome, rich, successful Edward Cullen, decides to take her friends advice and make her oblivious boss fall in love with her. AU/AH.

There are quite a few places that had me laughing so much, hubs was beginning to doubt my sanity :oops:

And I think it's about time I make some wallpaper with Rob in his gorgeous red suit from the Eclipse premier......

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hi Ladies!!

Wow! Two days and like 6 pages of mega-posts and drive-bys to go through... yikes. How dare I have a life outside of my laptop! LOL!! :lol:

Anyway, this afternoon has ushered in what looks to be a good two or three days of rain. A tropical system is on its way in to what used to by the Sunshine State. For next couple days I shall deem it the Monsoon State. I’m sure a few of you can relate! I hate muggy weather. :x

The worst of it is that I was actually a good girl and made it for my walk/run three days in a row and now it’s going to be pouring the next few days. (BTW- I say “walk/run” because I run like half the time, but very slowly- it’s glorified speed walking really. LOL)

In other news: I was so sorry to hear Mondays are bleh for a lot of you. I always rejoice at the start of a new week, but for the rest of you, at least it's already Tuesday now. Which reminds me, the days go by way, way too fast.

Marielle~ On your Brooke Hogan story. We actually met her at a Hooters in Tampa Bay one night. She stopped by the table because we were there with a bunch of hot young Coasties in uniform and they waved her over. (Coasties is short for US. Coast Guard, FYI) Gosh, that was when the show first started though... a while ago. Does she even still live in Tampa??

Caryn~ On BD news. I can see a resemblance between Miss Mackenzie and young KStew. No?? Like I always say, try to have faith. We may be disappointed, but I am going to hope until the very end that they get it right.

Tammy~ So glad your "baby girl" is feeling a little better!! Keep those awesome wallpapers coming! :)

I can't really remember if there was anything else I wanted to say, but to the rest of you- it's really nice to be getting to know you!! :D

Talk to y'all soon! Ginnie

EDIT: Fixed the link... It was to the wrong photo before. OOPS! :oops:
Last edited by VirginiaMay on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

Ok here it is girls, just like I promised.....

used the same pics in both of these

just tweeked them a bit

Enjoy!!

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Afternoon, Girlies! I'm just dropping by to say hello before THE BIGGEST LOSER starts. I'll be back later with a longer - hopefully mega-post - for the night! :D
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Hey ladies. I have been feeling so eck with exaustion(sP? yeah I can't spell :lol: ) that it's bizzare. I'm not sick, but even if I get like 8 hours sleep I feel like I only get 3 or 4! It's weird. Plus, my daughter's grandmother (my ex's mom) is driving me up the darn wall and I feel like I'm going to have an emotional breakdown. On the plus side, I am going to my mom's for christmas for a whole month! I so need this time away from all the crap in my life. So forgive me ladies for not being a better HH member and responding to your post more. I just am all crud right now.

tammy-LOVE the new pretties you made! WONDERFUL!
Missp-good luck with the fill! I hope you'll be okay after it!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone!!

No I haven't gone jetting away on another trip- I was just busy today. I've decided I need to actually work when I'm at work instead of Lex (until I get my new class figured out). Then after work, I did errands and then I HAD to elevate and ice my knee - it really hurts today. Tomorrow I will have an MRI done finally so I will know for sure what the injury is.

Anyway, then I made dinner and went to my 7th and last high school open house! :D (I guess I'm kind of burned out) That makes 15 open houses total for all my kids' school years. At that thought I AM a bit nostalgic!!! :( Tonight we followed our kids' schedules and actually went to their classes for 7 minutes. This way we could see just how much walking they have to do! The teachers are very impressive and they all have "smart boards" in their classrooms - way cool!! Sonny Boy's got 3 AP classes and one College in the Schools class (Japanese). I guess that leaves one "regular" class and then "Southwest Singers" the auditioned choir. When I entered the choir room, I couldn't help but think of "Glee", so I joked with the teacher, " This is when you are going to announce that you are starting a show choir, right?" He said emphatically, "NO". Darn.

OK I'm going to bed now and will have to do my Mega Post tomorrow. I've read all your posts and enjoyed them! I'm sorry you have to wait until tomorrow to hear from me individually!

Nighty Night!!
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Nothing exciting happening on this part of the globe so I'll just reply to posts...

Susie - Awww sorry about your students having a hard time with the lessons. I'm sure you could come up with new ways for your students to remember them through weekends...Glee episode 2 tonight, I'm gonna be busy streaming it after office hours. So sorry to hear your knee is bothering you again..hope everything turns out ok on your MRI

Caryn - I've started reading The Guardian and on the author's homepage she dropped a note that the next chapter will be posted on the 2nd of October...yay!!!

MissP - I always meant to ask, what is a lap band fill??? Does it hurt? And I agree, you don't look strict :D

Jaclyn - Your winter sounds really cold...Have fun at first aid class and on showing your new house to your friend

Vicky - Best way to spend your day off... :lol:

Ginnie - I thoroughly agree. The days are going by so fast...but its a good thing. The faster they went, the sooner weekends comes :lol: .

Okay, back to work for me...
Have a great day ladies...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Well, I've watched Biggest Loser and Parenthood, drank 3 cups of coffee and a half glass of chocolate milk, and cleaned the kitchen. This fill's going to be a good one. It's definitely tight. By this time tomorrow night, I may be speaking in GROWL! I get kind of ill when I have to be on liquids. But, the result is soooo worth it. I am so ready for the last 10 lbs to come off so I can by some size 8's for winter! Watching the Biggest Loser always gives me inspiration. I can't wait to get back in the gym!

Okay, here goes the day's mega-post. For anyone who I miss, Ya'll have a great HUMP DAY! :)

VAMPIRE LOVER~~OMG! Chocolate Dream Cake??? *DROOL!*
MARIELLE~~ I'm strict when I need to be and I do expect a lot out of my kids, but we have a lot of fun, too. I've actually mellowed out quite a bit in my 18 years in the classroom.
OPENFIRE~~ Washing windows? My, how productive of you! Don't breathe in my direction! It could be contagious! :lol:
BBTS~~ I'm with you. Maggie Grace just doesn't ring Irina to me. Who did they cast as Benjamin? I haven't seen that piece of news.
TAMMY~~ How did Lindsey's day at school go? I hope she made it through the day without a migraine.
CARYN~~ Please keep the turtleneck weather to yourself. :lol: I am so dreading winter! NO! I can't imagine you being a handful! ;) Mackenzie Foy is a very cute kid, but I'm not sure how I feel about her being cast as Renesmee. She seems a little too old to me.
GINNIE~~ I like Monday's too! There's something magical about a do-over every week! I hope the rain clears up soon and you get back to your walking/running routine.
SWAN CULLEN~~ Hmmm... That sounds exactly how I used to feel before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea back before I had lapband surgery. I got to where I felt like I had the flu all the time and was falling asleep sitting in my chair and driving in the car! After I got my C-Pap, I felt like a new woman!
SUSIE~~ I hope the MRI brings good news tomorrow and gives you the answers you need to get that knee all better! I can see why you're feeling a little nostalgic. Wow! 15 open houses! What a record! Sleep well, Roomie!
TRACY~~ I guess you're super busy tonight! Hope you've had a great day! Have a terrific HUMP DAY! :)
DAZZLE~~ A lap band fill is where they inject a large needle into the port I have under my skin that is attached to a tube that leads to the band around my stomach. The needle is filled with saline that fills balloon-like pillows around the band and shrinks the opening around my pouch restricting the amount of food I can eat. The needle stick isn't pleasant, but it's not nearly as bad as it was when I was bigger and it was harder to find the port. What's really neat is that I can actually feel the band when it tightens. It feels like someone tieing a string around your finger. 8-)
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello ladies.

Hope everyone is well. I've been busy with work, all this possible school rezoning business for my kids, and my son now has a broken wrist. He injured his wrist almost a week ago at school, but it wasn't very swollen or too terribly sore. We initially hoped it was just a sprain, but it didn't seem to be getting better. We went to the orthopedist yesterday and they confirmed the fracture with an x-ray, and he received a cast on his 9th birthday. ;) He'll be in a cast and splint for five or six weeks, and luckily the doctor believes it will heal fine without surgery. He is disappointed that he won't be able to finish playing baseball this fall, but he thinks it's kind of cool having everyone sign his cast.

Caryn~ I'm glad you had a lovely birthday, although I'm not sure why that collective "gift" the Halfway House ordered for you from the UK didn't make it. Maybe we didn't pay enough shipping and handling. :lol: The girl (allegedly) cast to play Renesmee is very pretty. I wonder if they might have her wear contacts, if they want her eyes to more clearly resemble Bella's?

Raine~ Thanks for posting the link to Bella Hale. I'd forgotten just how creepy her version of James is. :? Were you one of the folks around here who've read The Hunger Games series? I'm almost 150 pages into the first one, and it's very intriguing. I forsee a couple of late nights spent reading in my immediate future. :D

Vicky~ It's good to see you around these parts. What fun things are you and your group planning for November?

Tammy~ Loved your gorgeous wallpapers, as always. Although I wasn't a huge fan of the red suit, I still thought Rob looked just dazzling at the Eclipse premiere, and of course we know why he looked so happy. I'm glad your daughter is feeling a little better and was able to return to school.

Susie~ Sorry you're having some issues with this particular class of students. Do you normally have a wide range of learning levels within each class? I can only imagine how that would make teaching and tailoring your lesson plans to everyone's needs more difficult. You still have the cooler temperatures, I see. Are they here to stay, and when do you usually have snow? My friend is feeling better, thanks for asking. I still think some of her symptoms were anxiety/stress related, as she's had similar symptoms in the past, and she's the type of person to have difficulty just “letting go”, if that makes sense. Keep us posted on hubs' interviews and such. Wow...your 7th and final high school open house! That would be exciting, yet also very emotional. Sonny Boy's class schedule sounds very rigorous and I'm pretty sure I couldn't survive it intact. :D Good luck with the MRI tomorrow; keep us posted. I hope for definitive results so that you're able to come up with a good plan of treatment with your physician to better manage your knee pain.

Missp~ I hope the lap band went well today. I'd love to send you some Gigi's cupcakes in liquid form, if that were possible. :D I'm sure you're happy and relieved to have such a reliable and effective student teacher. Hopefully that will enable you to focus on some of your other necessary school-related tasks so you can get home at a decent hour. Good luck to your nephew Friday night! Keep us posted on possible conversation and coffee with Blue-Eyed Rob this Sunday. 8-)

Ann Marie~ There's not many things more heavenly than Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Marielle~ Sorry about your "vampire" weather, but at least it's good for nap-taking.

Jenn Jenn~ I'm sorry you're feeling so fatigued and generally not so well right now. That's great that you'll be able to see your Mom for a month over Christmas--definitely something for you to look forward to.

Jaclyn~ You're washing windows?!!! I'm so impressed and wonder if you'd like to visit Tennessee to wash my windows. :lol: I'm glad your SIL is feeling a little better, although I'm sure her activity tolerance will be limited for awhile.

Ginnie~ Good for you....for exercising three days in a row! I always say that my jogging speed is about the same as other people's fast walking speed too. :D Wish we could steal a little bit of your rain for the middle Tennessee area, as our rainfall total is way behind for this time of year. I think you have me slightly confused with Tammy. ;) Her daughter is the one who has been ill with headaches. And as much as I wish I could take credit for it.....Tammy is the one who creates all the gorgeous wallpapers. Thanks for linking the side-by-side comparison of a young KSTew to Mackenzie Foy. You're right—they do favor one another.
Banner by TammyAZ