Rob's Halfway House -- #7

Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #7

Post by Edwards Wheels »

Hey ladies! Been a busy day today, driving up to London to collect my sister. She wasn't allowed time off over christmas and worked christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day, so from today onwards for a few days it's her christmas.

Hey Marielle, I know I've been missing for quite some time now......blooming life getting in the way :roll: haha. The weather has been pretty shocking, but for some it's been exciting I suppose. I just know the second I stand on it I'll slip over and end up on my bottom. :lol: I hope you're keeping well?

Susie, I never managed to get over to him while he was in Turkey for a number of reasons. 1) I feel like a 12 year old when I'm in his company lol. 2) He's mega anti smoking, and even though I'd be careful not to smoke around him he'd just make me feel guilty. 3) I'd dread taking Buddy on a plane on my own, I remember how children used to wind me up and I'm always aware that Buddy might do that to others and finally 4) I couldn't afford the fare. My Dad isn't the nicest of men, but he's still my Dad and Buddy's grandad.

Caryn, I hope you're feeling better hun! Nothing worse than feeling rough when everyone seems to be having fun around you, and you just dont have the energy to join in. I've realised just how much alike we are about the purity of the books to films. I watched the documentaries with each of the films and kept finding myself arguing or agreeing with things said on them and realised that you probably had done the same lol.

Tracey, I'll hopefully be around again more now that the new pre school schedule is sorted, christmas is done and we're used to the new swimming lessons and their time lol. I missed so much on here, and I could only skim read what had happened, and even then I couldn't remember what had happened to who and when or where :shock: but then again I am a fake blonde, so we shouldn't expect too much from me

Hiya to everyone I forgot! I'm gonna toodle now to spend time with the whole family while we're together. If the server allows me to log in tomorrow (it wouldn't let me tonight without having to do a security thing which wouldn't work on my phone) then I shall pop in.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

I HOPE IN 2011 ALL YOUR HOPES, DREAMS AND WISHES BECOME A REALITY, AND THAT YOUR LIVES BE RICH IN LAUGHTER, HAPPINESS AND HEALTH X x X

I'd forgotten just how breath takingly beautiful my banner was! Thank you again Tammy x x x
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

My prediction was right!!! It's NYE and they're all feathers now!!!! :lol: :lol: Thanks, Admins!!!

Half of you a partying already as I make this post!!!

Have any of you had trouble logging on?? (I know Mel did) I had to re-log on and do the security code. It said I had too many log in attempts, which isn't true - only one!! Perhaps this is intentional - a way to "clean up" the Lex for the new year!!

Well, it is sleeting here right now, so driving should be pretty slippery. I'm glad we're staying home tonight!!

Marielle - So you're back in your hometown for New Years? Your friend who hosts the costume party must live there. I hope you have a fantastic time there tonight. Please take some pics and post them. Hey- I just realized that at this very moment, you are actually at the party - it's about 10:15 pm your time. Yes, I meant cheese fondue. I LOVE it. I bought some really expensive imported cheese for it....Next week I'll be back to my earlier bed time. Darn!

Raine - Good to see you!! Thanks for posting your NYE pics - your niece: my daughter used to sleep like that sometimes. I just got a wonderful memory of her!! You already have rung in the new year - Happy New Year! It's been a pleasure meeting you this past year too! Is it common for everyone to go to church there on NYE? It isn't here. Is it a regular mass, or something special?

Jaclyn - I love your Hogmanay!!! First foot in the door - we don't do that. I'm sure you'd be one of the lucky ones to let in first. You could be busy all night doing that for people! Cleaning for New Years - I wish I were more inclined to do that, but I'm not. I'm sure it would make me feel good. I did clear out some old clothes and put away my new clothes, though!! We don't say "bringing in the bells", but I really like it! We say "ring in the new year". My daughter will be staying in with us and by now she's adjusted to it. She'll go to Yoga and then come home and make a vegetarian hors d'ouevre. Maybe we'll play scrabble as well as watch a movie. I'm glad she'll be here.

MissP - I'm so glad you'll be one of the Action Rob project participants! June or July then. It seems we have a disagreement about keeping him in his box :? - by the time you get him, it will have been determined. I know I'm giving up all control! I like your plan for NYE, some partying with friends followed by quiet time with your sweetie! I'll be reading Ginnie's WDH update today too!

Mel - Thanks for telling me about your dad. Enjoy your weekend with your sister - from what you've said, Buddy should get a lot of spoiling!! Thanks for the well wishes for the new year, the same to you!

HAVE A SAFE NEW YEARS EVE, EVERYONE!!

I'll be back to wish you all Happy New Year tomorrow!!!!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

HAPPY NEW YEAR. HAVE THE BEST 2011 YOU CAN IMAGE.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi HH Sisters,

Just want to say in Dec 09 I joined the lex and met you girls in Jan 10. A year later and I established a friendship with all of you that is just as important and strong as my friends who I have known 25 years. Even though I was unable to meet anyone doesn't mean the friendship is less real.

Have a Happy and safe New Years

*Waves to Susie and Marielle. I see you on here.
Banner by TammyAZ
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Have a safe, healthy, and Happy New Year everyone! Ditto to all the wonderful things you've all said. You ladies are a spectacular bunch, and I'm so glad I have the good fortune to interact with you on (almost) a daily basis.

Our friends are coming over in about 20 minutes, so I guess I better run get dressed. :lol:

Enjoy your evenings and I'll check back in tomorrow!

Tracy
Banner by TammyAZ
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

One last post for 2010!! I am enjoying my New Year's Eve feast - and driving Bella crazy with it - while waiting for RBELL to get off of work. SUSHI - Cream cheese roll with avacado and tuna/smoked salmon (I order half/half) - YUMMO! :D No writing has taken place as of yet. The shopping for tonight's poker game to ring in the new year took a little longer than expected due to the large crowds in the stores! :evil: So, I may only have time to read Ginnie's latest chapter of WDH and the latest chapter of a great little fic I discovered some months ago by La Tua Cantante entitled "Entwined". Oh well, there'll be time to write later. I must go fold a couple loads of laundry. Ya'll have fun tonight and BE SAFE! I'll see Ya'll in the morning after I make RBELL pigs in a blanket and Mimosas for brunch! ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY LOVELIES!! *MWAH!*
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Holy Moly... 5 pages to catch up on!

Yes, I'm still keeping busy with the family this week (and when they're all sleeping, I've been writing, hehehe). I just wanted to pop in and wish you all a
Happy New Year!! For some of you it has already passed, but for the rest have a safe New Year's Eve, however you are celebrating. 8-)

We are off to a family friendly party some friends from church put on every year. It's a Wii theme this year and I've been told I am expected to sing karaoke and do some Dance Revolution right along with the teenagers. We'll see if I survive in one piece. :roll: My foot is only now recovered from "Parent Participation Week" at my daughter's dance studio a few weeks ago. :roll:

Wow... there sure are a lot of feathers around here. Makes me wonder what our favorite couple is up to tonight?? It would be nice if they popped in to wish everyone a Happy New Year, wouldn't it?? (hint, hint) ;)
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Just keeping up on the NYE posts -

We haven't really begun our festivities here at home yet. Hubs just took Sonny Boy over to his 1st party. It seems Party A doesn't want Party B to know she is having a party and not inviting Party B, so she told my son not to say anything. Right! That puts him in a difficult position. I told him that the guy was going to find out anyway - you're late to his party, why? Anyway, Party B boy and my son fb chatted about it and it turns out that he knew about Party A already. I just hate any kind of dishonesty because the truth will always come out! Grrr. I gave him strict instructions to not overstay Party A (he's walking to the next party) since Party B was his first invite and a tradition for the last 3 years!!!

MissP - Speaking of folding laundry - I was doing just that today and upon encountering hubs' boxer briefs thought of not, him, but ROB!!! I think I need an intervention here!!! :? Yeah, everyone was out and about doing errands this afternoon trying to get to the stores before they closed. I just read the WDH update and it was so good! Wow - you have brunch plans too!! I used to make Eggs Benedict on NYD but I just don't have the energy of the calories for it this year. Careful with the Mimosas so early in the day!

Tracy
- Thanks for checking in!! It's just a love fest here, isn't it??? Your evening sounds soooo fun!! Do you realize how lucky you are to have a family in your neighborhood with kids the same age that you feel close to? We got together with other families in the past, but the kids grew up!

Ginnie - The church NYE party sounds like so much fun. I so want to sing Karaoke with you sometime!!! Too bad you have close to no charisma....(NOT) Is your hubs working? Our favorite couple - I know we'd love to know exactly where they are and what they're doing, but isn't it great that there's been absolutely nothing about what they did for Christmas??? Good for them - getting a real break. Maybe we'll find out later.

Desiree - I echo your sentiment about how much this place means to us and the friendships made! Well said! You've been on the Lex just a month longer than I have, so I feel we're sort of on the same level of involvement! I hope your kids sleep in a little tomorrow!

Marielle - Thank you, my dear!! Same to you!

Caryn - I sure hope Action Rob arrived today, or that extra $5 for priority mail was a waste of money!!! :lol:

Daughter Dear is cooking up a vegetarian spread for an hors d'ouevre now. Eventually I'll get to the Cheese fondue and salad. I suppose I should really log off and pay attention to my family now!!

Enjoy your New Years everyone!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Oh Look! Feathers!!! Geez Edward!! That's A LOT of feathers!! :lol: :lol: But, then, who am I to object to a little ringing of the new year's bell!

I got a very special surprise in the mail today YAY!!! Susie, you're $5 was well spent. Today, ActionRob mostly got settled in and accustomed to his new surroundings. Although, he did give me a hand baking :lol: a batch of peanut butter fudge for some good friends. I am still deciding about ActionRob's box. I agree with Tonise that it keeps him mint and all. But, It also makes him a bit harder to transport. But, of course, if the majority of us are opposed, I'll leave him in. Thoughts? My big joy is taking him to Universal and the Wizarding World. Oh the adventures I have planned for ActionRob in Cedric's playground!!! I'll probably send him along as soon as we get home, if that's okay, Jaclyn & Susie?

Chrissy~ I’m sure Susie will happily add you to the list.

Christina~ I was so bothered by the press around RM. You could almost feel how badly the critics wanted that film to fail. I suppose we consider it a regular earth quake as we aren’t that used to them here. :lol:

Susie~ TeeHee! I did giggle when I got the New Balance box this afternoon. I’m glad DaughterDear has a few more weeks at home. It would be so very rushed to leave right at the holidays. I was actually thinking about who I might be able to meet up with while in Florida. I did see that your weather’s a bit dangerous. Be safe if you decide to make any last minute Starbucks runs.

Marielle~ BEL AMI IN FEBRUARY!!!!!! GAH!! I’m so totally and completely pea green with envy! Absolutely, RobCrack is the cure for what ails all of us. Sounds like you spent a wonderful new years eve.

Raine~ Boys and their fireworks! It is the same the world round. Hubs and my monkeys would probably be outside with bottlerockets right now if I let them. I have to agree. The picture of BabyNiece is just too cute!!

Jaclyn~ I love the traditions you keep. It sounds like a wonderful way to ring in the new year, bringing luck to your loved ones. :D We leave for Orlando in a little under 2 weeks and we’ll be gone for about a week.

Tonise~ Hope the new year inspired some wonderful writing... or reading. :lol: Sounds like you have a good evening planned either way.

Mel~ I’m sure we were probably both hollering at the same comments! :lol: Your banner makes me a little breathless myself.

Desiree~ You are too sweet. Right back at you.

Happy 2011, My Sweet Sisters!! Welcome to the year of Robkowsi, Georges DuRob and DaddyWard. *sigh* I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this year. :D
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

And apparently, 2010 is going out as the year of the computer wonky. Grrr!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS