Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

General illustrations in the Illustrated Guide

Post by bac »

What did you think of the illustrations in The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide?
by Laniyeah on photobucket
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: General illustrations in the Illustrated Guide

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Have been reading the Guide whenever I have one free hand to hold it in and not finished yet. I am very taken with how the illustrations help in visualizing the human-vampire difference, with everyone but of course especially with Bella, with her before and after pix. When you look you can see that the features are all still the same, really, but the human vulnerabilities are gone, and she stands differently. Now I see that the artist was really employing her art, and not merely creating stylized images! Many of the images are very dead on for how I visualize the characters (although I think Rosalie is not stunning enough!), and although I think of the Cullens as generally smiling more, I think that that is because we always see them through Bella's eyes, and except for Rosalie, they are trying to be hospitable and kind to her. Perhaps these illustrations are closer to the way they have been to other humans ... which explains why people leave them alone.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

I actually think Bella is prettier as a human than a vampire in the drawings. As a vampire (just my opinion) she looks expressionless and cold. Those aren't attractive qualities to me.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

I just wish their was illustrations of the Volturi.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
suzzeeQ

Post by suzzeeQ »

I wish there was illustrations of the wolves.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

I would like to have seen an illustration of every character profiled in the book. SM seems to be such a huge fan of fan-art. It should not have been too much of a stretch for her to ask some of the talented people she's used before to do sketches for her. Just MHO. :D
Jeakat
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jeakat »

suzzeeQ wrote:I wish there was illustrations of the wolves.
Ditto!

I read the Cullen Bios then skipped right ahead to the wolves. I saw the Jacob drawing and was so upset when I turned the page and there wasn't one for Leah!
I wasn’t born a compassionless shrew. I used to be sort of nice, you know - Leah Clearwater, Breaking Dawn, p.316
suzzeeQ

Post by suzzeeQ »

I skipped the vamp bios completely and went straight to the wolves. I was looking forward to a drawing of Leah as well.
Jeakat
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jeakat »

I was tempted! I know this sounds backwards, but the only reason why I didn't skip right to the wolves was because they were what I was most excited about and I wanted to prolong the experience!
I wasn’t born a compassionless shrew. I used to be sort of nice, you know - Leah Clearwater, Breaking Dawn, p.316
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

I would love to have seen more drawings of everyone. I just hate to expose my total greed for everything Twilight!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901