Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

I saw it coming...

Post by bac »

Did you have an "I knew it!" moment in The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide? Tell us about it.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: I saw it coming...

Post by corona »

Almost everything has been a surprise, and most of the obvious stuff has been obvious to everyone.

I did make one prediction that precious little, if any, information was going to be provided for events past the last chapter of BD, with maybe one exception: Garrett. If they were going to provide any information on where characters were located, then Garrett would have to be pinpointed as currently living with the Denali clan. And that the Guide does, but I haven’t found anything else even though I had some faint hopes that something might be said about Sue and Charlie, but nope. Even Renesmee is still listed as only 3 1/2 feet tall, even though she is closing in on what would apparently be her mid-teens.

And that is it for future events, one small teeny tiny little shred of info that Garrett did in fact go to Alaska with Kate (a leap into the future of, what, one or two days?). I predicted SM didn’t have a choice except to cough up that one little bit of info, but she would likely give nothing else. Has anyone else found anything for post-BD events?

I do feel good that a personal theory of mine was proven out after reading Sam and Emily’s backstories. The fact that they were likely arguing about Leah when Sam phased was a no-brainer. I always found the most fascinating thing, though, was that they were even arguing in the first place, and that Sam actually became angry in Emily’s presence. That never did square with certain theories of imprinting, and I felt certain that if the details of that argument were known then the light that was shed on certain features of imprinting would reveal things that were much more interesting than what the actual subject of the argument was about.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: I saw it coming...

Post by Tornado »

I knew that the drain that Bella saw in the Volturi's castle, which she thought might be another exit, was for dumping the bodies.

I guess that SM couldn't write too much about the future in case she goes back to the Twilight universe, maybe to do Renesmee's future, or something. I know she's said previously that she can't speculate about some things because it might come up in future stuff (like who Embry's dad is) so she'd probably left it out because of that.