The movie based on the novel by Shannon Hale,being produced by Stephenie Meyer

Moderator: December

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Austenland Cast List

Post by Pel »

Official Description: “AUSTENLAND” is a romantic comedy about 30-something, single Jane Hayes, a seemingly normal young woman with a secret: her obsession with Mr. Darcy—as played by Colin Firth in the BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice—is ruining her love life; no real man can compare. But when she decides to spend her life savings on a trip to an English resort catering to Austen-crazed women, Jane’s fantasies of meeting the perfect Regency-era gentleman suddenly become more real than she ever could have imagined.

Casting Info Via Shannon Hale:

Jane – Keri Russell
Nobley – JJ Feild
Martin – Bret Mckenzie
Miss Charming – Jennifer Coolidge
Colonel Andrews – James Callis
Mrs. Wattlesbrook – Jane Seymour
Mr. Wattlesbrook – Rupert Vansittart
Georgia King – Lady Heartwright
Ricky Whittle – George East

Shannon Hale also made the following clarification on her blog:

“There is no Sir John and Aunt Saffronia, Mr & Mrs. Wattlesbrook merging those roles. It was the right choice for the adaptation to screen. Isn’t that a gorgeous cast? I’m so thrilled! If there is anyone you aren’t familiar with and you read my blog, then you shortly will be. I’ll devote a post to each of them over the next few weeks. The actors playing George East and Lady Heartwright (she got bumped up to “lady” in the screenplay) weren’t mentioned in the official announcement, so I’ll wait to drop their names.”
lady4string

Re: Austenland Cast List

Post by lady4string »

This makes me think of the fanfic "Lost in Meyer" which was based on the movie "Lost in Austen."
FB92
Settled in Forks

Post by FB92 »

Never heard of the movie but I might check up more information about it.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Well, I'm kind of interested in this simply because it's a leading role for Keri Russell, one of my very favorite actresses, plus, it also will benefit from the immense comic talents of Jennifer Coolidge.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
mainhoonemily
Wandering Through Town

Post by mainhoonemily »

JJ Feild!!! Oh my gosh, if you haven't seen him in Northanger Abbey you need to! He is dreamy and adorable and is perfect for this role!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Just got done reading Austenland for a Book Club as well as Midnight in Austenland. Both are excellent Books & I was so happy to hear it is being made into a Movie let alone produced my SM. Love the Cast Selection & can't wait to see it. :D