Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Inconsistencies

Post by December »

Continuing the conversation Openhome started when BD1 came out. Because BD2 will almost certainly provide more fodder for discussion....

Openhome wrote:

This thread is for discussing not only general inconsistencies between the books and the movies, but in particular inconsistencies between the movies. Did you notice something different in the houses? Were the props off? How about the story line? Tell us what you saw!

By the way, hair doesn't count. We all know about the hair. Cullen hair will go down in cinematic history as possibly the worst fiasco of the franchise.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Inconsistencies

Post by Tornado »

Well, the most obvious one is, of course, Alice's sudden ability to see visions with wolves and hybrid children in them. ;) Yes, it's obvious why they did that, but it was a bit naughty.
Violet Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Violet Sunlight »

At the bon-fire when Edward glanced over at Bella and Renesmee it was a touching moment, but that really should not have happened. Edward was in listening and mind-reading (Renesmee’s thoughts) distance of them and he shouldn’t know that Renesmee will have to leave the next day with Jacob, being that Aro will be reading his thoughts. I mean, that was the whole point of burning the book and the secret meeting with J. Jenks. Or someone else at the bon-fire could have over heard them as well and Edward could have also read their thoughts. But, I still loved the scene.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Very good point, VS.
Austwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by Austwilight »

I noticed yesterday in my second viewing, that when Charlie, first arrives at the Cullen house to see Bella, he drives into the driveway forwards, but when leaving his car is turned around and waves to Bella and Edward. If he drove in forwards then he should be reversing out of the driveway when he drives away, bot driving straight out again.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by nezziecarlycullen »

This may be another one of those that don't really count and no one really cares about: the cars. I dont care that much that it wasnt the correct model from the beginning, but the fact that edward has a new cary every couple of months. Although i do have to say i liked the one they used in PT2 the best, i wish they could have sticked to one. But its a money thing that we will just have to deal with :)
alices party planing comittie
~EDC~
team renesmee
Whatnow
Settled in Forks

Post by Whatnow »

This might not be an inconsistency but perhaps more of an oversight or editing thing.... During the montage of memories that Bella lets Edward see at the end, why aren't there any scenes from Eclipse? I have looked a few times now, and it seems to jump from New Moon to BD1 of him at the alter. I noticed that the words to the song line up well with the memory, but I really think there were some sweet scenes in Eclipse! (like the proposal?!) Just curious....

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Good point. I must confess I'd have preferred a shot of the proposal over Edward leaving her.
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by nezziecarlycullen »

There may have been a reason to this but, did anyone else notice how quickly bellas eyes changed during the movie? if i remember correctly, then the events in pt 2 shouldnt have taken more than a year, so her eyes should have stayed red throughout the movie.
I also noticed that bellas eyes were brown at some wierd spots. The only spots she should have had the brown contacts in were with charlie and j. jenks. Could there have been some spots where they switched from one scene to the other and forgot to change the contacts?

EDIT: i just saw the post on theblog about this. I guess her having only animal blood could have a role in that change.
alices party planing comittie
~EDC~
team renesmee
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

The book actually mentions, on her journey to see J Jenks, that they had turned amber by that time. I can understand why they goldened them up quickly, though, to keep the difference between her and other non-vegetarian vampires clear (especially since there are so many around by the end of the movie).