Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by skylarblue »

So, what did everyone think about the Epilogue to the DH book?

Personally, I was really disapointed by it. I would have so much enjoyed it more without that part. I had to go and hunt down websites to finally find the complete and clear answer's about the ending.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

skylarblue wrote:So, what did everyone think about the Epilogue to the DH book?
Didn't like it. We could have lived without it, but at the same time, it was necessary. She had to completely end the series.

In conclusion, "Albus Severus" says it all.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by StarEmerson »

I actually really liked it. I could see it all happening in my head, like when Hermione and Ron appear through the steam with their kids!

I think it was well written, and didnt give to much away, JK does this well. I like how it gave us reasurence that they were still together, that Teddy was ok, Malfoy had gotton on with his life etc. It's left your imagination what/how the rest of the charactors are doing which I like, as it's such a loved story, the reader can make of it what they want.

It's tied up nicely, but not with a big sparkly flashy obvious ribbon.

And the last line "All was well." I loved it.
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I thought the end was nice. It wasn't really needed, but it adds total closure. At least Albus Severus is better then Renesmee Carlie... :roll:

Honestly, one of the best parts about the Twilight movie was the HP preview...sad, but true...
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
vampluv78
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by vampluv78 »

I liked the end, especially when harry pulls Albus Severus aside, that was sweet. I don't like the name Albus Severus though. I'm glad he did it and all but... I don't know.
[Image
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

awesomejen1 wrote: Honestly, one of the best parts about the Twilight movie was the HP preview...sad, but true...
Oh, I completely agree with you. Harry actually almost got as muching screaming as Robert.
I was doing most of it. :oops: or :D or :lol: ?
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

I loved the epilogue. I thought it was great and it made me laugh. Though I agree, "Albus Severus" was a bit much.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I'm not too sure what to think of the epilogue. It was kind of a big transition: to read a chapter on Harry as a teenager and suddenly end up reading about him as a forty year old man is rather devastating. It gave a lot information about the characters but at the same time I felt it didn't. We were only told about a select few, and even afterwards Rowling only gave us a few characters out of a large list. I know how long that would take to tell about what happened to all the characters but not hearing about what happened to such characters as Hagrid was a bit dissatisfying, to me at least. The part about the kids was sweet but again, a very big leap. It was hard to think of the characters suddenly having children when a mere page ago dating wasn't even part of the scheme.

Still, even then I don't know what to think. I'm neither happy or upset about the epilogue, but lost in a confusing middle. Or I suppose. :|
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I hated the epilogue, I could have done without it because it brought up more questions that I needed/wanted answered and knew there weren't any coming.

I do like the fact that she did give us information on some of the characters but she left out so many that we have grown to love/hate.

For example she gave us information that Neville because a teacher at Hogwarts but didn't give us any information about Hagrid, McGonagall (sp ?), etc.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Didn't it mention that the first years still take a boat with Hagrid? I thought it did...but maybe I am wrong, maybe it just mentions the boat...
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!