Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Hey There Elizah
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I liked it!

Post by Hey There Elizah »

I've seen it 3 times and I am going for 4 tonight.

I'm gonna go broke from this. haha.

Oh and here's a question maybe someone can answer. This guy I know has the movie on his computer in perfect DVD quality. How the hell does someone get that? Like seriously. It bugged the crap out of me. It doesn't do anyone any good unless you see it in the theater and spend the money on it... Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Okay... I'm done. lol.
I've been Jazzled! Vampire Baseball is sexy! Randomness Regular! <3
Pvt. Elizah Loveless of Jasper's Confederate Army - Stainless Claret!
Wrecking Ball Operator @ EDC, Inc.
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

As an avid film buff, I loved it! It filled my expectations as a die-hard Twilighter. I'm not usually satisfied with movie adaptations of my favorite books, but Twilight is definitely one of the few I really loved. Okay, I know they changed some of the stuff, but it felt very tuned in with the whole look. I don't know about you guys, but in the book we experience Bella and Edward's romance through her thoughts, while in the movie, the way they look one another is magical.....The audience could feel it, without any of the words being said. I was actually very afraid that it's going to suck, but I was pleasantly surprised, and much more!
mrs.jordancullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mrs.jordancullen »

i loved the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought the actirs for alice
jasper
carslile
esme
and emmett
were perfect!
Twimooneclidawnsun
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Twimooneclidawnsun »

I loved the movie. I have seen it twice, and I laugh every time I see Mike Newton shaking his butt in the cafe scene. I also like the Money,Sex,Money,Cat scene. Yes, neither of them were in the book, but they were still funny nontheless. I really loved the baseball scene, I thought they did that perfectly. I thought they got it sopt on.

I thought that they got Emmett, Carlisle, and Jasper spot on. The other's were very close.
Hakumei
Settled in Forks

Post by Hakumei »

I absolutely loved the movie in every way. And i get angry when someone talks bad about....expecially if they havent seen it and are jsut saying that to make it seem like they are better than everyone. The only thing preventing me fromm seeing it a thrid time is that i am broke. XD Seriously. I would be sitting watching the movies with my friends that are seeing it for a second time...right now if it werent for me not being paid. I want to see it soooo badly.

Did anyone else notice in the scene with Bella at the hospital...i swear that there is a tv in the background running twilight on it. Im not sure if im the onlyo ne who noticed. I made sure i paid extra attention to even the minor details second time around.
"I had an Adreneline Rush, Its quite common...You can Google it."
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

I LOVED the movie!! I think the casting was GREAT! Especially Edward, Bella, Jasper, Alice, Emmett and Carlisle were really great! And yes, even Jessica :D
I loved the random phrases that weren't in the book like:
"My monkey man!" -Rosalie
"You better hold on tight spider monkey" -Edward
"Jasper is the one who looks like he is in pain" -Jessica (and the whole part with the dress)
"...Cat" -Edward (in the resteraunt)

There were some parts I missed though, like the medow scene, even though it was there, but there was no dialoge. Chapter 13 seemed to be nonexistant which made no sense because that is what started the book. Some parts I felt were unlike Edward, like telling her about being a vampire at the most random time, and that part where he practically dragged her along. I do understand that it is a 600 page book and trying to consolidate that into 2 hours is hard, but I just felt like there was more to the story that could have been portrayed and I felt it was sort of rushed, so i would recommend reading the books if you have not to anyone I knew just fully understand everything. DESPITE all of that I still REALLY LOVED it and I am DYING to see it again!!!

My favorite scene was probably the baseball scene :D I just loved it for some reason :D It had some great moments :D
:D :D :D
freeml
Wandering Through Town

Post by freeml »

I'm not completely decided on how I feel about the movie yet (I need to see it again for sure), but here's what I liked about it:

-Mike nicknaming Bella "Arizona"...it seemed just like something Mike would do (to kind of claim ownership over her by giving her a pet name) :P I thought it was cute.

-I liked that they had some voice-overs (but I wish they would have added more of Bella's thoughts...like the part when Jessica is questioning Bella in Trig after Port Angeles, and Bella is thinking about Edward, "the vampire that wants to be good" etc)

-Emmett was funny and Rosalie was just as mean as I thought she'd be...and while I'm at it, I'll add that all of the Cullens were great (but I wish we could have seen a lot more from them!)

-Charlie in the ER, telling Tyler he can kiss his license goodbye (or however he phrases it) and then pulling the curtain = hilarious! :lol: Actually, pretty much all of the Charlie scenes were great. I hadn't ever developed a mental picture of Charlie from the book, so it was nice to see him brought to life.

-The kiss was HOT :shock: (I know some people are complaining about it being "too much" but I thought it was just fiiiine ;) )

-I liked that the nomads got a bit more of a backstory than in the book, to kind of add to the suspense.

-The music was great! I might have to buy the soundtrack now!

-The scene when Bella is losing consciousness, and all these images are flashing in her mind, I like the one with her and Edward lying in the snow...it was beautiful...
~The future's bright, but she is brighter~ Alice's song!!

~And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways~ Midgnight sun
ECfan20
Wandering Through Town

Post by ECfan20 »

I don't know if anyone has posted this already so I'm sorry if it has, and I'm not really sure which topic to post this on so I'm putting it on a few. But did anyone else notice Edward/Rob whisper the words "I love you" to Bella/Kristen when they are saying goodbye to each other, right after Rob says "You are my life now"? Someone on TwilightMoms posted that, so I went to see the movie again and I noticed it, just wanted to see if anyone here did.
LoveIt
Settled in Forks

Post by LoveIt »

I noticed the whispers. I have only gotten to see the film once yet. But, plan on seeing it again in the theater!

I loved the film it felt raw like the emotions of the book. I think the angled shots and raw footage (like a home camera at times) made it seem small and intimate.

I loved the actors. The development wasn't as much as I would have liked, but that's why we have 3 more movies (amen). Like everyone is saying, with more money hopefully all the little things can be added to!

My favorite scene was actually the end at Prom with Jacob, Edward, and Bella. I can't wait to see the triangle acted out on the big screen! Though I can't deny I loved most of the scenes! Edward's House (meeting family), Baseball, Ballet Studio are just a few. The music was great for each scene it enhanced.

I am addicted to Twilight news... lol. I check the lex daily for updates!

One of my best friends and I went to the theater to a sold out show. We are in our 30's, married with young children. We loved it! We are planning on going to each movie as they are released together! Can't wait!! :-)
"You’re quite adorable when you’re jealous. It’s surprisingly enjoyable." ~Edward Cullen
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

freeml wrote:I'm not completely decided on how I feel about the movie yet (I need to see it again for sure), but here's what I liked about it:

-Mike nicknaming Bella "Arizona"...it seemed just like something Mike would do (to kind of claim ownership over her by giving her a pet name) :P I thought it was cute.

-I liked that they had some voice-overs (but I wish they would have added more of Bella's thoughts...like the part when Jessica is questioning Bella in Trig after Port Angeles, and Bella is thinking about Edward, "the vampire that wants to be good" etc)

-Emmett was funny and Rosalie was just as mean as I thought she'd be...and while I'm at it, I'll add that all of the Cullens were great (but I wish we could have seen a lot more from them!)

-Charlie in the ER, telling Tyler he can kiss his license goodbye (or however he phrases it) and then pulling the curtain = hilarious! :lol: Actually, pretty much all of the Charlie scenes were great. I hadn't ever developed a mental picture of Charlie from the book, so it was nice to see him brought to life.

-The kiss was HOT :shock: (I know some people are complaining about it being "too much" but I thought it was just fiiiine ;) )

-I liked that the nomads got a bit more of a backstory than in the book, to kind of add to the suspense.

-The music was great! I might have to buy the soundtrack now!

-The scene when Bella is losing consciousness, and all these images are flashing in her mind, I like the one with her and Edward lying in the snow...it was beautiful...
That pretty much sums up what I love about the movie.