Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

Danay Garcia as Emily looks like she would be perfect to play Emily. She is very pretty.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
everlong
Learning to Love Green

Post by everlong »

^^ dont click on those.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Wow. Real mature. Don't click those. *rolls eyes*
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Unfortunately, I didn't read your last messages and clicked...disgusting!!! Has anyone already told the moderators so they can remove the posts? There are a lot of people underage on these boards :evil:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I'll PM a mod...

I'm hoping more people post in here to at least get this off of the page that we're on currently. Disgusting...
E<3B
x__iheartyou__x
Settled in Forks

Post by x__iheartyou__x »

First off I have to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving.... Second a little back story i work midnighs taking care of the mentally ill anyways I was watching tv and extra came on.. they were saying that the actors and i think they were more refuring to Robert and Kristen got paid 2 million to do twiligt... well they said they are now getting paid 12 million to do New Moon :shock: thats freaken nuts.. does anybody agree?? I mean really thats alot.. i cant even make that in my whole life :(
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

It is a ton of money - but think about how much it costs to live the Hollywood lifestyle. And I'm not even talking about exorbitant cars and houses and stuff. Literally, just having an agent, a publicist, lawyers, etc. They don't even see half of what they make, ya know? And they're in a business where when you're hot, you get paid a lot - Kristen and Rob are definitely hot right now, so why not give them a pay raise? They definitely deserve one now that Summit knows they'll have the funds.

Also, you're not just paying the actors to come and do your movie - aka not see friends and family for months on end, weird call times, rehearsals, learning stunts (pretty much making the point that there's WAY more than just looking pretty in front of a camera here...). There's also all the promo they have to do - pictures, interviews, etc. I mean, if I had the schedule that Kristen and Rob have had for the last 2 months, I would ask for a bonus too! :)

So - I think while, yes, it certainly is a ton of money, those two deserve it. End of little ranty thing. :)
E<3B
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

soozabooza54 wrote: Also, you're not just paying the actors to come and do your movie - aka not see friends and family for months on end, weird call times, rehearsals, learning stunts (pretty much making the point that there's WAY more than just looking pretty in front of a camera here...). There's also all the promo they have to do - pictures, interviews, etc. I mean, if I had the schedule that Kristen and Rob have had for the last 2 months, I would ask for a bonus too! :)
I think I could do all of this for half that pay...a tenth if the starring partner was Rob :mrgreen:

By the way, I think that's a lot of money indeed but..that's Hollywood, baby! A lot of blockbuster stars get paid 20 millions per movie so...I guess it's Rob's and Kirsten's moment right now. They'd better take advantage because maybe after Twilight they'll have a down in their career...who knows? A lot of actors stayed away from the screen for a lot of time after a huge success: think about Drew Barrymore, John Travolta.
I hope they'll increase the special effects budget as well...just to make things such as vampire's pale faces a bit more natural, that's all.
I wouldn't mind a tour to Italy to film the scenes in Volterra, or whatever :mrgreen:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I don't necessarily think they will have a down after Twilight. Rob especially seems to have much he could fall back on, like his music, if he decided to try and focus on that. I think it's great that they are getting more in pay, and I hope they continue to do well. I really hope NM is as great as the books, okay, I realized that it's not going to be as good, but it has such potential if it's done right and the pull the most crucial parts of the book.

Okay maybe this has already been answered, but what do you think are the most important aspects of the book which need to be put into the movie, the parts that you as a fan of the books don't want to live without???
bookluvverx4
Settled in Forks

Post by bookluvverx4 »

Yes, a New Moon! It might be sad though....cause Bella will be depressed. I hope the acting on that part is really good.

I'm also happy because....THE WEREWOLVES COME IN MORE! YESS! I'm Team Jacob, and as much as I'll miss Edward I'll forget him if Jacob is there a lot. I heard this is coming out in December of next year? I know movie take a while to make, but THAT'S TOO LONG TO WAIT!
TEAM JACOB ALL THE WAY! TEAM O'SHE...PROOF THAT NOT ALL GUYS ARE THE SAME!