Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Princess_Bella
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by Princess_Bella »

Consitering the movie could only be two hours, i thought it was pretty good. i hated how it seemed so rushed, though. it was like they start talking and BAM! they're in the feild. or maybe it was just me i dunno. also i didn't like how they only explained Alice's power, and not everyone elses. but, besides that, i loved it. i thought it was great. and it could've been even better if they just took the time to explin things. cause i went with my mom, who'd never even thought about picking up the book, and she was so confused it wasn't even funny. so, if they wanted to bring more people in, it would've helped to not have them confused.

i can't wait more New Moon though! lots of Taylor! ;)

^^clicky
Topaz
Wandering Through Town

Post by Topaz »

Lioness Rampant wrote: I'm tempted to wait until it comes on DVD...
is this a good desicion?
Um, I can think of a few good reasons to see this film on the big screen. All of them have a y chromosome.
Signature courtesy of myhopesaresohigh @ Vesperarium.
Avatar by Enough4 @ Vesperarium.
jess_marie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by jess_marie »

Topaz wrote:
is this a good desicion?
Um, I can think of a few good reasons to see this film on the big screen. All of them have a y chromosome.

hahahaha

Yes. I would go see it on the big screen.
You don't get the full effect unless you do... or that's how I feel anyway.
I went to see it again on Thursday, and decided that I DO like it a lot...
It could have been better, yes, BUT I wasn't COMPLETELY let down by it.

TEAM EDWARD
because vampires sparkle, duh.
amie

Post by amie »

jess_marie wrote:
Topaz wrote:
is this a good desicion?

hahahaha

Yes. I would go see it on the big screen.
You don't get the full effect unless you do... or that's how I feel anyway.
I went to see it again on Thursday, and decided that I DO like it a lot...
It could have been better, yes, BUT I wasn't COMPLETELY let down by it.

lol - YUP, it's definitely big screen worthy.

For one thing, I'd seen (and seen, and seen, and memorized) various clips online, and was still blown away by the scenes on the big screen (seriously, cafeteria scene? The apple bounces, he says "Bella" and that cheek twitches ever so slightly, and I lose all feeling below the knee.)

I already know I'll be buying the DVD, and probably would have even if the movie had (oh, how to avoid vampire puns here... Sucked/bit the big one? Nope - ah, how about) blown chunks....

But seeing it on the big screen, and being able to hear others swoon, and that woman hyperventilating during The Kiss the last time I went, and hearing what made some folks chuckle, and what didn't... Definitely worth the eight bucks.
dazzled_101
Settled in Forks

Post by dazzled_101 »

Okay so the first time I watched the movie, i didnt like it. I was so disappointed. My WHOLE day was ruined. all I could think about was how BAD the movie was and how Summit ruined Twilight. I didnt like the Biolagy scene to begin with. Edwards reaction was funny and not intense. The music was so dramatic that it was funny. It was funny when it was not supposed to be. I didnt like the close ups and some special affects look very cheesy. Bella and edwrad relationship also went by REALLY fast. But then I went to go see it for the second time and i LOVED IT. I dont know how. But the second time, those scenes dont look bad. I mean, maybe I didnt like it the first time because I was expecting way to much. I bet alot of twilight fans were disappointed also, and thats because we expected way to much. I mean when you erase from your mind all the scenes that you wanted to see and just look at the movie from a person's eyes that has never read the book, you can so feel the love Edward has for bella, without summit having to include the dozen of conversations they had in the book. I mean the tree tops scene was priceless with the lullaby. and the scene when Edward stays with bella in her bedroom. simply amazing :D But I LOVE THE MOVIE. My sister has never read the books, and she said it was a good movie. But yeah, I cant wait to watch it again, I cry everytime. i've watched it 5 1/2 times already! I'm planning on watching it again today :D It's just simply the best movie ever. I cant believe critics gave it a C!!
BerAngelVamp

Post by BerAngelVamp »

ashleygill03 wrote:Well I'm pretty pathetic and have now seen the movie 5 times.

The more I see it, the more little things I pick up on though.

I just wanted to add how well I think the actors portrayed the characters mannerisms, Jackson Rathbone in particular. He played the best Jasper. Every little thing that he did was just perfect in my opinion.. from the Southern accent.. to the military stance.. to being stand-offish.

Also, did anyone notice Kellan eating at the table in the cafeteria?

Where was Ben? I don't like Angela with Eric. Ben and Lauren should be in the movies.
yea, i liked ben and angela being in the book and i hated missing them in the movie.....and i did notice that someone was eating at the lunch table! it looked like a cheetoh or a carrot stick...i'm going again tonight so i'll pay more attention at that part.
~Amber
Rob

Post by Rob »

Ben didn't really have much a part till later after twilight. (at least in twilight, in MS he came when edward hooked them up)
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I_love_Bloodsuckers wrote:Didn't Ben come along in New Moon? I don't remember him in Twilight, I know he was there in New Moon though.
Actually Ben was only mentioned in passing when Bella showed up at the Newton's Outfitters going to La Push Beach. Bella noted all who showed up for the Saturday excursion where she met Jacob.

In New Moon, he was more prominent.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

okay so ive said that i personally loved the movie. but i do have two things that i have thought of that were crucial and left out.

okay the meadow scene. i felt like there wasnt much of it. i totally think that should have been waaaay longer. i mean that is what started the books. SM's dream! i mean come on. thats where they get really close and start to really open up! i miss it!!!

AND where was carlisle's story? his story is very important for the next movies! speacially his time in italy!!!

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
xKatieCullenx
Settled in Forks

Post by xKatieCullenx »

I'm still wondering if I missed it or not, but was the part where Kristen yells "Edward, don't!" in the movie?