General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Breathe Bella
Settled in Forks

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by Breathe Bella »

I'm so sad that I have to make this post again - some people are reprehensible!!!

Again I still wish there was a thread titled "Breaking Dawn - Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" but I guess this thread will do.

I adored Breaking Dawn. From the magical wedding, to Isle Esme, to Bella being turned and her first hunt with Edward. It was all so true to form and character and really cemented who I had perceived these characters to be.

And it was hilarious also. Emmett and Edward both have such wonderful senses of humour and it really shone through in this book. I love that SM was able to give us that, and in fact she gave me everything I was hoping for after Eclipse so I'm loving her.

I loved Renesmee (not the name, but the character) as a new character and I loved that Jacob imprinted on her. It was the perfect way to have his arc resolved and fit so well with the story.

But my favourite of the new characters was definately Garrett. He was great and I'm almost as excited to ship them as I am Edward and Bella. Okay they are not really even in the same universe, but I really did enjoy them.

But most of all I loved that Edward got to 'hear' Bella at the very end. Finally after all those decades of alone time, then finding Bella and still not believing that she could love him remaotely in the way he felt for her. Finally he gets to share in her joy as she experienced him and the joy he gives her and I adored that more than anything else. I just wanted more of it. Of all the time Stephenie could find herself being wordy - I would have loved this to be one of them!!

I loved the it all and so I say thank you Stephenie Meyer.
Last edited by Breathe Bella on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Her existance alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world. ~ Midnight Sun
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

I adored it! I couldn't put it down! My favorite of all the books! I did the whole laugh, cry, snarl (mostly at rose) thing. What a thrill!
My only problem was that it ended...I wanted so much more~!
Last edited by MRK on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
happy_alice
Settled in Forks

Post by happy_alice »

When I read the beginning of Breaking Dawn, I really didn't like it. I just couldn't imagine Bella getting pregnant. But as the story progressed, I started to really like it. Jacob's story was hilarious! And by the beginning of Bella's second story, the third book, I absolutely loved it!

Breaking Dawn has a splash of everything. Bella and Edward romance in the first book, Jacob's fury and jokes in the second. The third one was a combination, and much more.

I thought that it was a perfect ending to the books. Now all I want is for Stephenie to write a story about Jake and Nessie!
The sun one day will break out of the clouds and forever silence the darkness. All we have to do is be happy.

~happy_alice
Kirachan
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirachan »

I hated it the first time through, especially how neatly it all tied up. but I let it sink it and reread it and loved it. only part that still bothers me is how Charlie takes everything in stride. other than that the ending was perfect.
di*cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by di*cullen »

I too loved it!
i think that even though so much was sorted out and some impossibles became possible -jake, charlie, children, changing and more- it didnt seem so far off, like very realistic. you know? :?:
lalilin
Settled in Forks

Post by lalilin »

I can't say it's my favorite out of all 4 books but I really enjoyed it. At first I didn't like the fact that it went into Jake's POV but the more I read it the more entertaining it became and towards the end of Book Jacob I didn't think it was so bad. I loved the wedding scene and their honeymoon afterward...it was so romantic (at first but you know what I mean). The whole pregnancy storyline was very unexpected but I thought it was great. I loved the ending too...it was great!
Rosanesmee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rosanesmee »

I loved Breaking Dawn. It did have a different feel to it, in some places it seemed as though Stephenie wasn't even writing it, but I still loved it. I couldn't have asked for a better fairy tale ending, even though I'm not the type who really likes them it just seemed to fit in so perfectly. Everyone- Bella, Edward and Jacob in particular - had been suffering so much it just seemed right to have a happy ending. I kind of feel that a fight scene with the Volturi would have been pretty awesome, but that would probably be pushing it :) . Oh, and I absolutely adored the Jacob section, being practically in love with Jacob and everything. I loved the chapter titles too! I was kind of disappointed in a couple of areas, I mean Edward and Bella didn't seem to connect on the same level that they did in the others, particularly Twilight, but I guess so much was happening. All in all though it was a completely awesome book, and a great end to the saga.

P.s. I was also amazed to find that by the end of the book I actually liked Leah. That was one weird realisation :D .
Once you go Black, you never go back! <3 Jacob
K-Dawg
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by K-Dawg »

To be honest, I was really paranoid when I started reading, as I was when I started reading Eclipse. I hated not knowing what was going to happen in the Bella-Jacob-Edward love/hate triangle. But I have to say, it ended as I wanted it too, and hoped too. Bella and Edward together. Forever. The whole Reenesme thing just shocked me and Jacob's imprinting, I really felt for Bella. The boy who once loved you falling in love with your daughter!! I mean, seriously! :D
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!
random_mad_fan
Settled in Forks
Location: Pondering the luna eclypse and wondering what new direction with come with the breaking of the dawn.

Post by random_mad_fan »

I was terified that it'd be really bad when it was (finaly) deliverd by amazon, it was late!:evil: I was afraid that it'd dissapoint me as much as the end of harry potter did - let me explain that - jk Rowling got to the point were the book didn't have to be good to sell out, so she got lazy and did the whole series no justice; now Stephanie Meyer was/is in that position with Breaking Dawn it would be a best seller even if is was the worst peice of litriture ever written. THANK GOD that that didn't effect the writting!!!!

the 1st and 3rd thirds of the book (bella's) were my favorate, the midle was a little slower but i think we all know why that is :D i loved the whole book mind, the insight into jacob's mind was very interesting and funny, the blondy jokes just couldn't get old :lol: and the ending was just fantastic! Avoiding a fight creates much more tention that trying to win one, and it was just an amzing end, everyone got what they had always wanted; obviously i'm on about Edward FINALLY getting an insight inot Bella's head, the possiblities are endless!! but i wont go into them, i have voiced some of them to my friends and have been told to shut up and go scar someone elces mind! hmmm yeah, my imagenation gets a heaad of me sometimes
"No matter how long it takes," i wispered to his charred remains, "no mater how long I stay on this side of life, no matter how many decades pass between us, NIkos you will always own my fiery heart. "
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

A friend of mine who read Breaking Dawn before I did said, "It's so surreal. There's no way you could have predicted this." She didn't like where it went, so I was skeptical and worried when I finally started reading it.

I fell in love with this book, and not in the way I did with Twilight. It wasn't the mystery that pulled me in this time -- I absolutely loved how the characters were developed. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

I have never, ever understood Jacob, and I had been in the "Jacob's a jerk" camp since first reading New Moon. Now I get him, and I love the guy. I am so glad to have the insight into how his mind works. And now I can't wait to reread New Moon and Eclipse to see how this new perspective changes my experience of those books. I don't think he'll be 'that pesky little twerp' anymore.

Bella became someone interesting! She's been the main annoyance throughout the series for me. I couldn't relate to her, and I didn't see how she was interesting to Edward -- I had been patiently waiting for Midnight Sun to clear that one up, but now there's no need. Bella as a vampire is fascinating. I love how, throughout her pregnancy and transformation, she grows up and takes charge. It was a joy to watch her finally, finally able to act and be decisive.

And, of course, Edward. The more well-rounded a character is, the more I love them. I already loved Edward, but I relished the chance to see his dark and broken side. Edward's not perfect! He's understandable, and I like that so much more. I learned a lot about him during his struggle while Bella endured her pregnancy. It made me think more highly of him, not less, to have that much more understanding about him.

I also loved that the series took a turn towards themes of marriage and motherhood, things I could relate to and enjoy reading about, even though in the world of Twilight those things are quite different than my world. But the chance to have plenty of room in your head for remembering things, and not ever needing to rest?? Yeah, that would be a great gift for moms.

The ending was lovely. The only thing that was really resolved was Edward and Bella's relationship -- that story closed in the most beautiful way. Not every little bit of plot was wrapped up, but it couldn't be, unless the vampires all left for Valinor or something. The series was about these two people and the bond between them, and it was an immensely satisfying ending.