Twilight Saga Q&A #2

who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

*Wanderer* wrote:
pennybug84 wrote:My Question: In BD when Alice calls B & E when they're on Isle Esme, what did she see that caused her to call? Anyone have any ideas or insights? Did I miss some clue while reading? This is one question that maybe only SM can answer, but it's alwasy bugged me!
I think that Alice saw Edward in that 'frozen state' after Bella told him that her period was 5 days late. I don't think it would be possible for Alice to see Renesmee exactly because it's impossible for her to see "hybrid-vampires" and Werewolves.

That's just what I think though.... Did that help?

Love,
*Wanderer*
I think that she either saw Edward frozen, as you said, or she noticed Bella was a semi-blind spot who she only got flickers from. She might not have seen it earlier because Bella didn't know about the child, and therefore hadn't decided to keep her. If I were Alice, the fact that it seemed like Bella was around a bunch of wolves would've freaked me out, and be very unlikely. I would doubt that Jacob decided to leave the continent, rent a boat and find a private island... though it would have been funny if Jacob were to walk in on them ;).
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
*Wanderer* wrote:
pennybug84 wrote:My Question: In BD when Alice calls B & E when they're on Isle Esme, what did she see that caused her to call? Anyone have any ideas or insights? Did I miss some clue while reading? This is one question that maybe only SM can answer, but it's alwasy bugged me!
I think that Alice saw Edward in that 'frozen state' after Bella told him that her period was 5 days late. I don't think it would be possible for Alice to see Renesmee exactly because it's impossible for her to see "hybrid-vampires" and Werewolves.

Love,
*Wanderer*
I think that she either saw Edward frozen, as you said, or she noticed Bella was a semi-blind spot who she only got flickers from. She might not have seen it earlier because Bella didn't know about the child, and therefore hadn't decided to keep her. If I were Alice, the fact that it seemed like Bella was around a bunch of wolves would've freaked me out, and be very unlikely. I would doubt that Jacob decided to leave the continent, rent a boat and find a private island... though it would have been funny if Jacob were to walk in on them ;).

thanks for both of your thoughts, that does help! and both answers make sense/could work. if anyone ever has the chance to talk to SM or they need to find out!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

pennybug84 wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:
*Wanderer* wrote:

Love,
*Wanderer*

thanks for both of your thoughts, that does help! and both answers make sense/could work. if anyone ever has the chance to talk to SM or they need to find out!
I'm looking for it in the book but Alice said she got scared when they suddenly "disappeared" in her mind. That happened because that is the moment that Renesmee became a fetus, and she can't see "half-breeds" (although she didn't know that at the time). I'll find it....
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

^^Glad to be able to help! This is one of my favorite threads. (Weird, I know. But I like to answer people's Twilight questions :D .)

Love,
*Wanderer* (aka Emily)
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

I've said this before, but I read "Gone With the Wind" last year, and it said that when Margaret Mitchell created Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler, she created the two most famous lovers since Romeo and Juliet. With the success of the Twilight books and the movie, I can't help but to wonder if SM did that for the modern times with Bella Swan and Edward Cullen. I hope so! I really hope somebody brings that up to her, in an interview! :D
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

Sorry, these are some weird questions about vampires, but, I'm curious :D :

1. Do vampires sneeze?

2. Do vampires yawn? Because you yawn when you need more oxygen... even though vampires don't really need oxygen, would it just be a habbit?

3. Do they need to blink? Because somewhere in BD when theyre giving Bella tips on how to act human, someone says blink at least 3 times a minute; so does that mean that they don't need to blink?
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

Actually Alice mentions to Jacob that when Bella first thought she was pregnant that Bella just disappeared from her vision.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

ilovetwilight wrote:Sorry, these are some weird questions about vampires, but, I'm curious :D :

1. Do vampires sneeze?

2. Do vampires yawn? Because you yawn when you need more oxygen... even though vampires don't really need oxygen, would it just be a habbit?

3. Do they need to blink? Because somewhere in BD when theyre giving Bella tips on how to act human, someone says blink at least 3 times a minute; so does that mean that they don't need to blink?
1. No, they don't sneeze because sneezing is to push out dust and particles and stuff, and their bodies don't need to push it out, so they don't need to sneeze.

2. No, people yawn when their brains need oxygen to resist sleep/when their brain is telling them to sleep. Vampires don't need to sleep, so they don't need to yawn.

3. No, people blink to maintain their eyes' moisture. Vampire eyes don't need/have the moisture, so they don't need to blink. The 'no moisture thing' is also why they can't cry.

Tomorrow I leave :cry:. My activity here will be... not very active. :roll: Erratic, at best :(
Last edited by who_needs_fangs? on Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Simon_Belmont
Settled in Forks

Post by Simon_Belmont »

How were vampires first created in Twilight? Have they always existed in our universe?

Did Jacob Black always have feelings for Bella, or was it something that grew over time?

Where are the other vampires in all of this? Are they spread out worldwide or are they just a 'strain' in the pacific northwest?

Where are the vampire hunters in all of this?

I heard a rumor that Edward Cullen is really Alucard- do you think Stephanie will revisit the story of Count Dracula?

What is a man?
E&BForever

Post by E&BForever »

Simon_Belmont wrote:How were vampires first created in Twilight? Have they always existed in our universe?

Did Jacob Black always have feelings for Bella, or was it something that grew over time?

Where are the other vampires in all of this? Are they spread out worldwide or are they just a 'strain' in the pacific northwest?

Where are the vampire hunters in all of this?

I heard a rumor that Edward Cullen is really Alucard- do you think Stephanie will revisit the story of Count Dracula?

What is a man?
Cool! Where did you get all of these questions? Who's Alucard? Where did the rumor come from that Edward is Alucard? It'd be great if Stephenine revisted Dracula!
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!